Reno, NV

Posted October 24, 2013
Awesome school! Always working together in creating new & exciting activities to keep the kids & parents involved. The music keeps the kids smiling & learning. Keep up the awesome work!!

Posted May 31, 2012
Being a new parent to the district, and not being able to afford the all day option for K-garten, I was not expecting much from this school. Boy was I surprised!! My son not only did well in the half day K-garten, but he is now reading above grade level expectancy! The teachers and staff are very good at what they do. The principle they have had for many years has made it her goal to make sure that kids in this neighborhood get the best education and services that they can offer. She is retiring this year, but I have no doubt that her replacement will take on the legacy that she has left behind.

Posted January 04, 2010
Nancy Gomes is an exceptional school. Our daughter attends the second grade and receives the most outstanding support from the teachers and staff. She is progressing beautifully in her reading and loves going to school! They offer a great onsite before and/or after school through BGCTM with exceptional rates! As far as the neighborhood this school is not any worse than others in the Reno/Sparks area. During the recent 'event' the school contained the children, provided extra security and resources for parents and I felt that my child was safer at school than at our home (we live in a surrounding neighborhood in a newly built home)! The school is in the older part of the community but it has no affect on the quality of the staff or the school! We love the school and are very pleased with our choice to relocate our children here (coming from Coral Academy).

Posted September 10, 2009
Fantastic Education for the children. Teachers are awesome and so is it's principal. This school Rock's

Posted September 10, 2009
Wow, what a fantastic school, both my boy's have attended Nancy Gomes, one is attending now and the other has graduated. Miss. Klingler is absolutely phenomonal she takes the time to lead exhort, lift up and encourage the children likewise with Mrs Goedert. I believe in trickle down leadership the Principal and Superintendents Love what they do and it shows in the leadership of the school. GREAT JOB ALL OF YOU and God Bless each one of you!

Nancy Gomes Elementary School 0

Posted March 06, 2009
Nancy Gomes is at the top when it comes to great school. My daughter started attending Nancy Gomes last November and has progressed in Leaps and Bounds.... Thanks to a wonderful caring staff.....

Posted March 07, 2008

Posted January 01, 2008

Nancy Gomes Elementary School 4

Posted June 04, 2007
My daughter has attended Nancy Gomes since kindergarten and is now in 4th grade. She loves being in the oldest class and I like that there are no sixth graders around. My son is in first grade and I have nothing but praise for the teachers and administration. This school is also lucky enough to have a very involved partner in education, Lifestyle Homes, that helps provide teacher aides, computer equipment, basic office supplies, etc. The parent involvement here is amazing. How many other schools have to send home letters saying that they can only allow a certain number of parents to chaperone on buses and the rest must drive separately? Numerous times I've not been able to volunteer in the classroom because they have an overabundance of volunteers. They also have an exceptional music and PE teacher. Nancy Gomes has a true community spirit and I love it.

Posted April 27, 2007
We love this school. We came from California and we have had nothing but positive experiences here. The staff is very involved with the students/parents and there are many community supported activities and programs. Wonderful! Thank you!

Nancy Gomes Elementary School
3870 Limkin St, Reno, NV  89506
Last modified Nancy Gomes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nancy Gomes Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top