Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My child has been going to Caughlin Ranch since Kindergarten. He also has high functioning autism. He is a happy, gentle, kind, silly and loving individual. And very smart. When he started he was in a special program for autism and doing wonderfully. When he went into 1st grade we opted to up his time in a regular class so he could be around his typical developing peers. Sadly, this caused him great anxiety. I expressed my concerns and they pulled him back to just a little time. Things started changing after that. Come 3nd grade my husband and I were being pressured to put him in a general education classroom because "he wasn't getting grade level curriculum". I expressed that the gen ed class was over stimulating and causing issues at home. We fought with the school. At the end of 2nd grade the "professionals" stated that they thought he would do best in a gen ed class without any support from his autism class. We expressed our concerns numerous times. But they said he would do great. He didn't. Third grade was horrible for him. His stress level went up, his anxiety went up, and he started acting out in class. I expressed that I believed the school environment was making him depressed but they disagreed. "He's so happy! He's doing so good! He has friends". No he wasn't. No he wasn't. And no he didn't. I asked them why they couldn't let him be in his autism class and they said they couldn't accommodate him. Well, according to the law they are required to provide a free and appropriate education in the least restrictive environment (I have a masters and know my stuff). Well, they said he needed to be in a regular class. Our hands were tied. So now we are in 4th grade. My son had an incident where he expressed he wanted to hurt himself. Now he didn't know what that meant but it was a big sign that I was correct and he was/is depressed. This is the kicker: I told the school counselor in the first day about this and she told me that he has expressed those feelings last year!! They never told me!!!! They lied! They said he was doing fine and was happy! What kind of school disregards a child's mental health?!?! Now I'm frantically trying to help my son. So, my advice to you is really investigate the school you are looking at, especially if your kiddo is awesome like mine.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

A very big lack of communication between special education staff, regular staff, and parents. Or at least with this one.

Amount of homework: Agree

Just because my son has a disability doesn't mean he doesn't have to study or do homework.

Develops character: Neutral

I have no option on this because all I have been doing is battling with the school to care about my son and his academic, emotional, social, and mental growth.

We are going into our 5th year at Caughlin Ranch and could not be more pleased. My daughter is happy and thriving there. We love most all of the teachers (especially Miss Miller!) and parents are always involved. Go Colts!

This is our fourth year at this school. The staff is very caring and does a great job!

Caughlin Ranch Elementary School is FAR beyond just a 5 star rating. Teachers, principal, faculty and parents go above and beyond to ensure a fun, safe, healthy, happy, exciting and exceptional education and childhood for their students. My child started CRES in kindergarten and attended through 3rd grade. She would have continued on through 6th if we hadn't relocated to the southern area of the state. Both myself and my child miss CRES every single day. The new school is fantastic but pales in comparison. Caughlin Ranch Elementary was truly exceptional and I'm thankful we had the experience that we did there. We genuinely loved every single person we came in contact with at that school. My child loved going to school every morning. Each year was a wonderful experience.

I have two children who attended this school until we moved out of state. Our oldest attended Caughlin from kinder all the way through 6th grade. We currently live in TX and carefully chose the house according to the highest rated schools. I can tell anyone without hesitation that I don't care what the states say about schools and how TX is ranked higher, while NV is low. The education my children received at Caughlin Ranch exceeds the elementary education they are receiving in TX exponentially. I realize the economy has changed, but the teachers that are there are of the highest quality. The staff cares about the children and it is a community there in the Biggest Little City. If we could move back and have my children go to Caughlin, I would in a heart beat. In the state of TX it is all about appearances. Which is not always the reality of the situation. I miss Caughlin Ranch and the wonderful teachers we were so blessed to have in our lives.

We have two children enrolled at Caughlin Ranch Elementary. We moved from out-of-state about a year ago and really researched schools before purchasing a home that was zoned to CRES. We couldn't be happier that we chose this school. Our children are receiving an excellent education in a very positive, happy environment. The teachers, principal and staff are outstanding. Parent involvement is very high and there is a strong sense of pride and community in the school.

a great school for learnig while having fun

Last modified Caughlin Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.