Posted April 17, 2014
My children only went here for a few years, but the school was one of their best. The teachers and the Principal, at that time were awesome.

Posted June 26, 2013
Ms. Mesina and her class helper are great. My son has learned so much from her class and she is exceptionally kind. My son is now ready for kindergarten. My son can now write every letter in the alphabet because Ms. Mesina has worked with him.

Posted June 21, 2013
TThe teachers at this school have always been helpful and devoted to their students. I have a problem with the principals decision to keep the playgroud locked after school hours and throughout school breaks.

Posted June 07, 2013
The office staff are extremely pleasant, as is the principal.The special ed department is the best I've encountered. More specifically Mrs. Metzger,an amazing human being. She's a true asset.She helped my autistic son become communicative through sign language and helped him learn to speak. He can now identify all his letters,colors,shapes,numbers-100 and knows songs and nursery rhymes, he even socializes with children. All of this in approximately 7 months time. From non verbal and multiple meltdowns to the wonderful little smart boy he is today. The environment in her classroom is full of fun and energy but still structured enough to help a special needs child thrive to the fullest. She and her aid, Ms. Heather are phenomenal people and I am very grateful to have had them in my life. Even after we moved and our son encountered problems with his new classroom Mrs. Metzger went above and beyond the duties of any teacher, let alone a former teacher, to ensure I had every opportunity afforded to me to make sure my child was put into a new school better suited and more safe for my son. Bravo for setting such an excellent example of what a school should be like.

Posted July 31, 2011
I have four children attending this school. Mrs. Daniels (pre-k) is exceptional and many of the teachers are passionate about teaching and it shows in my children's learning and their ability to partner with us as parents. However, too much emphasis was placed on the students with regard to the CRT's. For example, my child, who has a reading disorder became unduly stressed days before the test stating that he would be "held back" should he not do well. His teacher even admitted she "told all the students this" to "help them understand how important the test is". Discipline does not support the district mission statement and administration did not partner with us with respect to our children's learning needs. Also, two teachers out of the four returned phone-calls while the other two did not. If your children attend this school, make certain you know your rights and responsibilities as a parent and assert them effectively or lest you'll end up feeling powerless and walked on while your child pays the price.

Posted December 13, 2009

Desert Heights Elementary School 4

Posted July 29, 2009

Posted July 11, 2008

Desert Heights Elementary School 4

Posted June 04, 2008
My niece has done tremendously well at this school. the staff is positively involved and has become an overall happy experiece for her. My sister loves the teachers and looks forward to her attending her next year.

Posted February 04, 2008

Desert Heights Elementary School
13948 Mt. Bismark St, Reno, NV  89506
Last modified Desert Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Heights Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top