K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted November 09, 2009
My husband and I are very happy with Our Lady of the Snows School. Our 2 children love it and are learning a lot. The principal is very involved with the children and the teachers and staff are wonderful! We plan to send our youngest there as well when she is old enough.

Posted October 03, 2009
We are very happy at Our Lady of the snows.My wife and I were recommended by many families that are presently attending and have graduated.We are grateful to have found OLS. P. Bertone

Our Lady Of The Snows School 4

Posted December 30, 2008
My three children graduated from this school and would recommend it to anyone. The teachers, staff and principal are fantastic.

Our Lady Of The Snows School 1

Posted March 09, 2008
I had a horrible experience at this school with bullying. The staff is not responsive to bullying. I was told to 'pray about the bullying on my way home from school'. Nothing was ever done even when my son had rocks thown at him with witnesses

Posted March 28, 2007
Our son transferred to OLS in the 4th grade, dropping back a grade from public school. We couldn't be happier with our decision. Dropping one grade was important because the curriculum @ the public school was behind OLS @ the 5th grade level. P.E., Spanish, music, & art are all standard courses at OLS, but not at public elementary school. Math in public elementary school isn't more advanced, just taught in a different format. OLS offers basketball, volleyball, & track to students. Parent involvement is AMAZING! Tuition assistance is available. More important is the school's ability to produce children with high self esteem & exceptional morals...something much harder to come by in public schools. This is a great school - we couldn't be happier we made the move. More important - our son loves this school. He has blossomed both personally and academically since joining the OLS family.

Our Lady Of The Snows School 2

Posted March 06, 2007
This school caters to those with money who can afford to attend, and who donate. The academics are not great, especially math and science. Arts and sports practically non-existent.

Posted April 30, 2006
I think OLS is an outstanding school. My daughter has been very happy there. The level of education is much better than public schools in Reno. The all day kindergarten has been good for her and the curriculum has helped my daughter blossom into a bright, outgoing and confident youngster. There is a music, art and Spanish program offered to all students. The sixth grade goes on a week long science camp trip and there is a CYO sports organization for the older grades. The level of parent involvement is great. OLS is a Catholic School with the church located next door, the parish and school work well side by side. OLS is K-8th grade. My family has been very happy there.

Our Lady Of The Snows School 4

Posted July 28, 2005
I believe that OLS is a very good school. The size of the classes at times creates challenges for some kids. One of my children did not finish there but the other will. I appreciate the Christian environment. There are those of us that still want this from a Catholic school.

Our Lady Of The Snows School 2

Posted February 18, 2005
Typical parochial school. Parent's donations/tuitions dictate quality of education and assistance. In comparisons to public schools in the area, snows is behind in math, behind in grammar, but ahead in history. Very one-sided catholic views. Changing to a public school in eigth grade was the best thing i could've done. Any outside activities, such as sports, are so behind the public schools, that they can't even compete.

Our Lady Of The Snows School
1125 Lander Street, Reno, NV  89509
Last modified Our Lady Of The Snows School is a Private school that serves grades K-8