Reno, NV
Before care: Yes

Posted December 17, 2014
I believe the negative reviews based on my own experience. My child attended the school in 2013-2014. The teacher was disorganized and distracted, arrived right when school started and was out the door when it ended. The facilities were poor. Instead of fixing a leaky gutter they just put out signs about watching out for the ice. The worst part of our experience was that there is a mean group of kids and teachers/administrators condone the behavior. The staff have their own children in the classes and their kids are popular so the administration looks the other way. The kids actually have an Outcast Lunch table for the kids who are not popular. The popular kids call the unpopular kids outcasts . When the school sets up the lunchroom, the outcast table for unpopular children is separated from the rest of the tables by the staff. My child still talks about how being an outcast for a whole year was preparation for being left out in junior high and high school. I wouldn t recommend sending any child to this school unless you want to prepare them to be excluded at a young age.

Posted September 15, 2014
What do the directors do with all of the money they rake in? It is a dump, just like a review below stated. The bathrooms stink and are flooded half of the time, and the place is just generally run down. Teacher turnover is very high, and from what I've heard, lots of parents are seeking advice on other schools to attend, some even started homeschooling to get out of this place.

Posted August 20, 2014
Brookfield has added programs to develop the whole child. Art, drama, violin, are just a few offered. We are excited for another great year with enthusiastic professional teachers and staff at a small family oriented school. Thanks to Brookfield for all you do for our children. Parent and Volunteer

Posted August 13, 2014
I am extremely disappointed in this school. As a professional in child psychology for 30 years, I will not allow my grandchild to attend a school which only promotes intolerance, unkindness. The stress put on these children is not conducive to a healthy environment. The administration rules with a iron hand and breaks children's spirits instead of helping them grow into happy, confident individuals. As a previous reviewer stated, the administration gauges child development by reading level, which is the most ridiculous way to determine preparedness and mental growth. I am aware that schools in Reno aren't the best, but that isn't excuse enough to mentally torture kids so the admin is able to reach its agenda of having high scores in comparison. A recent study by Harvard university states that whole child is developed when kindness and play are incorporated by making the learning environment fun and not by rigidness and terror.

Posted July 08, 2014
Reading the negative comment made about Brookfield School, I find myself shocked. My granddaughter attended pre-K at the little campus last year and absolutely cannot wait to be at the main campus this fall. She had a wonderful, positive experience for her introduction to education at TLC, not to mention a teacher who can only be described as the perfect first educator in a child's life. My girl came home daily excited to share what she was learning - things that included learning how to tell time and the meaning of many of our holidays, such as Presidents' Day and Martin Luther King Day; these and many more lessons are not presented in public schools until maybe second grade, if ever. My family and I plan to keep my granddaughter in Brookfield for the long run - she is getting a superior education in a safe, caring environment. Brookfield School, their staff and administrators are the best Reno has to offer!

Posted July 07, 2014
I have read the recent negative reviews of Brookfield School in absolute disbelief and I feel compelled to set the record straight. The Directors are not only outstanding educators, they are fair-minded individuals with the utmost integrity. Not only is the Administration not bullies; they have no tolerance for bullying in their school. Next fall will be our 5th year at this school and my experience has been nothing but positive. The Administrator and Educator s concern for my children s education is evidenced in how well they know and understand my sons. I can wholeheartedly recommend Brookfield to any parent who puts a high priority on the quality of their child s education.

Posted June 17, 2014
If you are considering sending your child to this school, take into consideration the negative reviews- they are TRUE. I read them but thought I'd give them the benefit of a doubt. Here we are at the end of the school year I've found the Administration to have extremely poor skills with the children & their staff. They are(uneducated in this field) unprofessional Adult Bullies. The school charges well over $980.00 a month per child. I would hope to see some qualified teachers that know how to make learning fun. Not our experience. They are extremely strict. One teacher went as far to tell a student that they don't know how to add. I've seen the confidence level in my child lower and other children who go their as well. They are not teaching confidence, independence and free thinking. They are creating followers at this school and not leaders. In this school year I've seen 4 children leave the school mid year and 4 teachers as well. Their Academics are high they are teaching a year ahead in each class-so if you are in 1st grade they are teaching 2nd grade curriculum. This is why you see test scores higher than other schools. We'll I gave it a good try. Live & learn :-)
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 24, 2014
Our son attended Brookfield School for 2 years and loved it. We were very impressed with the teachers and staff and the loving family environment they helped produce. We love the high academic standards they have beginning even in preschool. We have since moved out of state and our son loves his new school, but he often speaks fondly of Brookfield and still names his Pre K teacher as his "favorite teacher ever."

Posted May 19, 2014
We love Brookfield School. Our daughter loves violin and we are looking forward to our violin recital this week. Our daughter is excelling is all her subjects. We know we are providing her the best education in the area. We are so impressed by all the teachers at this school. Thank you for providing her a cheer team too!

Brookfield School 3

Posted April 12, 2014
Poor facilities, money hungry and mean administration. They make kids scared instead of being nice to the kids. Zero confidence in most kids who go there. They brag about reading, who cares? everyone eventually ends up reading at the same level. Stay away from this trailer (literally) park school.

Brookfield School