Brookfield School 2

Posted April 23, 2015
As a current parent of two students at Brookfield, I wish that the Directors would realize how they are damaging and hurting Brookfield school. The amount of amazing teachers we have lost just in the last three years is so sad. Brookfield continues to bleed awesome teachers because the Directors don't know how to treat their employees with respect. Sadly the Directors are also about to lose so many families who would volunteer at the school to make it a better place, but the Directors don't value parent involvement. Instead of being proactive Directors they are reactive and run around trying to fix a school that they are running into the ground. This is so sad, because I believe in my heart, Brookfield could be the best school to send your child to in Reno, but to be the best, I believe the Directors need to leave and let some real educators with credentials run their school.

Posted February 03, 2015
We have a child at The Little Campus and Main Campus. Please come to the open house events in February and March to see what great dedicated teachers they have. How much the staff works on including everyone at snacks and lunches. All the kids over at middle school are even up out of there seats playing together at lunch. Wow. You have to see it in action.

Posted February 03, 2015
I love this school. As a parent and a teacher I know that our teachers care and strive for the best for every student. At the middle school we are excited for our expanded space next month. The administration and teachers dedicate nights and weekends to the student's athletics and math/science events. Students are excited to have their own building and still have the facilities at the main school they can use.

Posted February 02, 2015
Hard grading, poor facilities crappy directors. Not worth the 12000 a year. Stay away! I strongly encourage other schools.

Posted January 14, 2015
Brookfield School is a tremendous place to teach. I love their philosophy of teaching the whole child. The academic program is excellent and includes areas that are not covered in public schools. All students participate in many special classes, including Violin, French, Spanish, Art, Drama, Music and Movement, P.E., Computers, and Library. The students are always eager to learn and participate in extra activities that are offered. The parents are involved in their children's education by communicating frequently with the staff and being present at school for events. I feel that we have a great team effort to provide the students with the best education available. I am impressed with the dedication of the staff. They have made me feel very welcome. The smaller class size allows us to work individually with each student to help them achieve the most out of their education. I feel valued and respected by the directors, staff, and parents. It is a pleasure to teach at Brookfield School.

Posted December 17, 2014
I believe the negative reviews based on my own experience. My child attended the school in 2013-2014. The teacher was disorganized and distracted, arrived right when school started and was out the door when it ended. The facilities were poor. Instead of fixing a leaky gutter they just put out signs about watching out for the ice. The worst part of our experience was that there is a mean group of kids and teachers/administrators condone the behavior. The staff have their own children in the classes and their kids are popular so the administration looks the other way. The kids actually have an Outcast Lunch table for the kids who are not popular. The popular kids call the unpopular kids outcasts . When the school sets up the lunchroom, the outcast table for unpopular children is separated from the rest of the tables by the staff. My child still talks about how being an outcast for a whole year was preparation for being left out in junior high and high school. I wouldn t recommend sending any child to this school unless you want to prepare them to be excluded at a young age.

Posted September 15, 2014
What do the directors do with all of the money they rake in? It is a dump, just like a review below stated. The bathrooms stink and are flooded half of the time, and the place is just generally run down. Teacher turnover is very high, and from what I've heard, lots of parents are seeking advice on other schools to attend, some even started homeschooling to get out of this place.

Posted August 13, 2014
I am extremely disappointed in this school. As a professional in child psychology for 30 years, I will not allow my grandchild to attend a school which only promotes intolerance, unkindness. The stress put on these children is not conducive to a healthy environment. The administration rules with a iron hand and breaks children's spirits instead of helping them grow into happy, confident individuals. As a previous reviewer stated, the administration gauges child development by reading level, which is the most ridiculous way to determine preparedness and mental growth. I am aware that schools in Reno aren't the best, but that isn't excuse enough to mentally torture kids so the admin is able to reach its agenda of having high scores in comparison. A recent study by Harvard university states that whole child is developed when kindness and play are incorporated by making the learning environment fun and not by rigidness and terror.

Posted July 08, 2014
Reading the negative comment made about Brookfield School, I find myself shocked. My granddaughter attended pre-K at the little campus last year and absolutely cannot wait to be at the main campus this fall. She had a wonderful, positive experience for her introduction to education at TLC, not to mention a teacher who can only be described as the perfect first educator in a child's life. My girl came home daily excited to share what she was learning - things that included learning how to tell time and the meaning of many of our holidays, such as Presidents' Day and Martin Luther King Day; these and many more lessons are not presented in public schools until maybe second grade, if ever. My family and I plan to keep my granddaughter in Brookfield for the long run - she is getting a superior education in a safe, caring environment. Brookfield School, their staff and administrators are the best Reno has to offer!

Posted July 07, 2014
I have read the recent negative reviews of Brookfield School in absolute disbelief and I feel compelled to set the record straight. The Directors are not only outstanding educators, they are fair-minded individuals with the utmost integrity. Not only is the Administration not bullies; they have no tolerance for bullying in their school. Next fall will be our 5th year at this school and my experience has been nothing but positive. The Administrator and Educator s concern for my children s education is evidenced in how well they know and understand my sons. I can wholeheartedly recommend Brookfield to any parent who puts a high priority on the quality of their child s education.

Brookfield School