PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

Students learn by example...The teacher was not a good example of good character to work with children

I sent my child here in first grade. This is a time when a child is developing reading skills. I found that my child was not learning at all in this free for all environment. I found the 1st through 3rd teacher very mean to the children. Yelling at them even. The public school up the way is awesome. Try there you'll be happy.

Our daughter attended this school when she was 5.Our She wasn't happy there. Teacher had her vision & hearing checked; saw an occupational therapist. Everything was normal. I was stunned when she asked a psychological evaluation. For crying out loud. I was a mental health therapist prior becoming a full time mother. I realized I was hurting our daughter by allowing her in an environment that labelled her "abnormal". Yes, she is different. She speaks 4 languages and she questioned a lot. Teachers were not willing to go extra miles for her at this school. We pulled her out. Best decision. Now our daughter is in Gifted and Accelerated Program in Virginia. She is a healthy, hard working, confident and happy all As high school girl with ballet, violin, volunteer lots AP and friends We are very proud parents. I have waited so many years to write this review because only time can tell how our daughter will become. There are children who are happy campers at this school. However,a gifted child will thrive depends on the level of support; not the level of fanciness. This school is not good or bad; it is just like any religious group, either you fit or you don't. Believe in your child.

We have been a Montessori family for over 10 years. Every year, I vowed to reevaluate my childrens' educational, emotional and personal growth to make sure this non-traditional school was working for them. Every year, I am more excited about and supportive of this system of learning. Montessori, and Mountain View in particular, have given my children a beautiful, safe, loving environment in which to develop their best selves, balancing both education and personal development. It has given them more than book learning or math and geography facts alone: it has encouraged them to be curious and passionate about learning, while also emphasizing the importance of respect, empathy and personal responsibility. My kids are happy to go to school every day. MVM also gives my husband and I the chance to be a part of a community of really great, involved parents, where I have made many friends and learned so much about parenting. We are extremely grateful that we found Mountain View Montessori School for our whole family.

The teachers here do not provide any real feedback regarding what your child is actually learning. They tell you that you should not interfere with your child's learning process and should not ask them what they are working on. I find it suspicious that they don't want parents involved in the learning process. They encourage parents to participate in social activities, but want zero parent involvement in the academic process. Additionally, any reasonable questions posed to teachers or administrators are viewed as threats and nonconformity with their program.

When I graduated from Mountain View Montessori School, I was proud to have received such a great education. I had been there for the continuum, meaning I had spent 11 years there, and had formed great relationships with my teachers and classmates. Not only was it academic, but I had some very unique experiences, such as feeding sheep every morning and going into our greenhouse to pick salad for our lunches. I assure you that the faculty's focus is on the individual while still providing a community setting.

My heart hurts as I post this as Mountain View has been and will always be a source of great pride and happiness for our family and our educational goals for our children. I hear the pain in the voices of the people posting and I am in awe that I could have had such a different experience than they. My children are not only thriving academically but emotionally as well...the teachers have always been responsive to my concerns and any issues have been addressed in a respectful and prompt manner. I have established long time relationships with many families at MVM and although we were aware of families who had left it seemed to be commonly held perception that the program was not a fit financially or emotionally for those families. The majority of people I come in contact with and have had their kids there throughout their preschool-8th grade educational career are grateful and appreciative of the community based education their kids received. I can only say that my experience as a parent at the school has been a positive one and I encourage potential parents to visit the school and form their own opinions. Meet the fabulous teachers and assistants at the school.

Mountain View Montessori has been an amazing experience for my children!!! The faculty and staff are genuinely interested in each child that walks through the front door and it shows in the way they interact with the children here. My children have been in a three different schools (public and private - due to geographic changes for our family) and this is by far the best experience we have had! The Montessori method is a unique approach to education and produces students with a desire to learn and an enviable set of life skills. Not only is it important to teach our children academics but it is equally important to know how to get along in life. "Grace and Courtesy" is a refreshing foundation that is a core part of the experience at Mt. View. Not only is it an exceptional school but I have witnessed first hand the community it provides for the families especially in a time of need.

This is our chid's first year at MVM and we could not be happier with the experiences she is having there. Our child has grown in every aspect from her language skills, developing positive communication and respect among her peers, to her academic achievements that she shares with us daily. As a family, we have embraced the Montessori philosophy of education and incorporated it in our home and lifestyle, which is reflected in our daughter's learning experience. This is a school that is not only dedicated to the children's education, but the parents as well. The staff and teachers host regular parent education workshops which have proved very beneficial for us at home and in our day to day life. We are extremely thankful to have MVM be a part of our family and we will continue to support our daughter's educational experiences there for a long time.

We have been a Mountain View Montessori family for five years now, and have enjoyed the experience so much. While it took a bit of getting used to as my husband and I were both traditionally schooled, I found that through the extensive parent education classes any concerns I ever had were gone once I took the time to see it through the Montessori lens. While I've never had need to meet with administration for concerns about my family, I've always felt the door was open if I needed more communication. The school staff and administration are all open, friendly and helpful and the whole-child approach to education is more than I could have hoped for. I for one am grateful for the fact that I see the school acting only in the best interest of all the children. So thankful to have MVM in my community!

Last modified Mountain View Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8