Posted October 20, 2014
Excellent school! Outstanding Head of School and tremendous Faculty that spend quality time with every student. In 2014 this school was deservedly ranked number 13 in the nation by the Washington Post. We could not be happier that our kids attend this school.

Posted July 20, 2014
We enrolled our daughter at Sage Ridge for 7th grade and couldn't be more pleased with what she has learned this past year. What impressed us most was the breadth of the curriculum, the dedication of the teachers, and the spirit of the students. My husband and I are both professors, so we are very much aware of what is not being taught in the WCSD. What Sage Ridge kids are learning as early as seventh grade is how to be disciplined students, but also how to be curious and open and unafraid while wading into some deep waters in terms of core class content. Our daughter was challenged by each teacher but never in a way that felt discouraging. We also found the administration approachable and supportive. We will definitely consider Sage Ridge for high school once our daughter completes middle school next year.

Sage Ridge School 1

Posted May 23, 2014
I agree with the parent who said it used to be a wonderful school. While the teachers are excellent and have provided our child with so many wonderful things so many of these very teachers have been inexplicably let go and run out of town that one wonders what the motivations of those in charge really are. While in our experience the teachers (not all but most) are generous and thoroughly professional those in charge seem to be consumed with protecting themselves and their reputations. If we had to do it again we'd think very carefully given the current circumstances.

Posted April 20, 2014
Sage Ridge provides a traditional college preparatory experience. The quality of the instruction is outstanding. The faculty are caring, involved, and motivated to help your child rise to their potential, whatever that may be. My children have flourished here and I see them becoming active, interested, and engaged young adults.

Posted April 04, 2014
If you image yourself or your student going to to one of the most selective colleges in the country, then this is the place for you. Sage Ridge School is a school designed for students and parents who are looking for a place that asks everyone to strive for excellence. The teaching is top notch, and the teachers work hard to make sure every student is successful. Because the school's standards are so high, students are going to be required to work, but the payoff is fantastic results when it comes to college acceptances. If that sounds like you or your students, I highly recommend Sage Ridge School to you.

Posted February 23, 2014
Our experience at Sage Ridge has been an A+ so far. The level of teaching in a nurturing environment is outstanding. My child's English and Math skills have improved from good to superior. But most of all school is a joy to attend instead of boredom. Thank you!

Posted November 04, 2013
I have a high school student at Sage Ridge and I could not be more enthusiastic about his curriculum to date. He attended Sage Ridge for middle school and we will be the first to admit there have been some rough times. Loosing an outstanding a headmaster was a severe blow and it made a mark on the school for a multi-year term. However, with our new headmaster who has been in place since July 2013, we have only seen positive movement on this campus. The teaching staff cares about their students, I mean, really care. They know how to reach out while teaching their specialty. Lab time, writing, music, the arts and a solid club and advisory network make this school exactly what we were looking for. We did not necessarily want a big school with a football team and cheerleading squad. We were looking for a small teacher-student ratio where students leave completely prepared for their future education. Do you desire the "large school experience" or do you want to purposely avoid the "large school experience?" You need to see for yourself and join a class during one of their open school days. Decide for yourself. We would not go anywhere else.

Posted September 03, 2013
My daughter is extremely critical of her teachers & school environment. She started last year & is thoroughly loving the school. She is truly thriving both socially & academically. SRS provides so many opportunities that are not available else where. The high school is extremely impressive from what I have observed. The teachers are very passionate about the students & their growth. In my opinion, the tuition is a bargain for what your child gets. I cannot emphasize enough the opportunities that are available at this school. The theatre program is amazing. Out of approximately 2200 applicants, SRS was one of 48 schools selected to participate in the famous Edinburgh Fringe Festival in Scotland - the largest arts festival in the world! The science program is also amazingly impressive. The labs have state of the art equipment that is simply not available at any other high schools in the area. The literature program there is also impressive. I have spoken with parents who have graduates from SRS & they all tell me that their children have been successful at their respective colleges & universities due to the education they received at SRS. Both the faculty & students are impressive

Sage Ridge School 1

Posted July 31, 2013
Sage Ridge is a poor excuse for an actual school. The teachers are not so bad, but the whole experience is mediocre. If you are thinking about sending your kid to this school, and he/she is previously is from a public school, you might want to reconsider your decision. First of all the teachers are experienced, but they do not get on to your personal level so you can thoroughly understand the material that is being taught. Second off, the social life at this school is absolutely horrible. The most you'll get is 50 kids to a grade, and the majority (meaning 75%+) of the kids are very VERY wealthy, and the crowd is not very diverse. Trust me, if you're from a public school and you're going here, you will highly regret your decision. You will get along with a very small amount of people. But if your child has gone to private school his or her whole life, she will probably be used to the socially awkward scene, and extremely challenging academics. Although, I have to give SRS some credit. The English and P.E., are outstanding.

Sage Ridge School 2

Posted January 14, 2013
A while ago it used to be excellent. Today it is being taken over by mediocrity, with some notable exceptions -- thus I'm still rating teacher quality with four stars. Parents and students beware: teachers may be laid off/ switched in the middle of the trimester with no exaplanation from the school.

Sage Ridge School