Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My daughter has been attending SNACS for 4 years. All of her teachers have been great so far. I feel like she is safe and she is challenged when the work is too easy. I think there is good communication between staff and parents. I volunteer on a regular basis, and I see nothing but positive things. Our children's education needs to be a partnership between parents, teachers and the child. It cannot be the sole responsibility of the teacher. In my experience of volunteering the children that struggle the most are the ones who don't have support at home. I would recommend SNACS if you are looking for a small, safe school where the staff and volunteers truly care about the kids.

There aren't too many great schools here in Reno, however this has to be the worst. I don't know where to start,... From the director and principal to the teachers. Not to mention, administration is completely incompetent. Any time I had a concern or even a legitimate complaint, (teacher not communicating at all even when I've written questions and concerns in there agendas specifically made for parent teacher communication) the principal and or director might as well laugh in your face. They do nothing. If you absolutely have make your children attend this school ask for anybody but Mrs. Henderson. She has made it obvious she is only there for a paycheck. Another member of the faculty came in to her classroom and said, to the children. "You all need to keep it down in here." then looks at her. She just says, "I've checked out already". She has only been teaching for 3yrs. My poor daughter had her for 2 of them. ( K and 1st) Principal is Mr. Schoenfeldt. Director Dr. Ragen Schoenfeldt. I've contacted WCSD, I don't know who's worse. Luckily we're moving to a different state. None of these kids are safe with such incompetent staff. For no reason at all they put my kids on the walk home list with no notice. My children have been going to this school since K (3yrs) I have been there to sign them out every single day. Then 3weeks into this year they come walking out and I cant find them, I go to the office they respond with "I dont know". No, not safe. The list just goes on and on. They had a few good teachers like Ms. Holmes. However, just like you should, they've all moved on to better schools.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

If honesty and integrity aren't present in the faculty, then how will our children learn it from them.

Kids are very safe here, the school is fully fenced in and under surveillance. And kids ae not released home to anyone that is not on authorized pick up list. Still some struggles with effective communication. I'd like to know more about what my kid does during the day. School focuses heavily on education, so not your vest choice of you want the kids to be doing lots of field trips ECT...

If you are looking for very large class sizes then this is the school for you. I saw a commercial for this school on tv. I made an appointment to take a tour and the school seemed like a nice place to put my son. There are over 30 students in my sons class. This is not ok and the principal should be ashamed to have a school with this many kids packed into one room. I asked the teacher if they got any help with all of these kids and they said sometimes. Sometimes??? this is not ok. My son needs extra help and I don't feel a large class size will help him at all. It is my understanding that most of the classrooms at this school are over crowded. After reading the last comment on this website it makes sense that all the principal wants is money for the kids because why else would they want their classrooms so over crowded it is not beneficial in any sort of way. After researching schools in this area I know that the other schools only allow up to 20 students in their classroom...Pulling my son out as soon as possible. I hope the principal reads these reviews and realizes what he or she is doing to their nice little school.

There is little to no communications from Mr.Schoenfeldt to staff on a lot of things there is no more small class size average classes size atm is 30 students per one teacher all Mr.Schoenfeldt is more worried about is filling seats to get the $6,500 per student from the state than he is about the children He also refuses to get rid of teachers that constantly have complaints against them by parents year after year but don't get me wrong there some good teachers there for example Mrs Holmes 2nd grade, Mr., Schum 3rd grade , Mr.B and Mrs. Wise 5th and 6th grade are all great teachers But even a great teachers can only do so much when not given the proper tools example how is a science teacher suppose to be able to teach science if there is no running water in the class room how are teacher suppose to copy things when the school refuses to buy paper or ink The best words of advice that I can give you is if you have a child At SNACS is go Volunteer for a while and you will see how fast this school has gone down hill since 2013-2014 school year

Sierra Nevada Academy Charter School. My daughter has been attending SNACS for two years and we love it. The staff is attentive and caring. The teachers are superb. Most of the criticism stems from parents who are unwilling or incapable of helping their students at home. Students receive a lot of one on one time and the staff knows everyone. The kids in the school are all familiar with each other regardless of grade due to the size of the school. While it may not be newest school or have great ambiance like they do over on the South side of Reno, the school does absolutely fantastic for what they have and are always striving to improve. Perhaps some of those parents who complain should try to volunteer some time and help out if they know so much. I am a proud parent and proud to say my daughter goes to SNACS.

I am a pre-service teacher doing my pre-clincial hours with SNAC. I have had such a lovely experience at this school. The teacher I am working with is very educated and is constantly doing new training to perfect her skills. I was surprised to see comments stating no music and art because in my time I have witnessed both a third party music teacher who comes in and works with the students (with instruments) and an art teacher that comes in and works with various mediums with the students. Security is also something I was very impressed with-locked school grounds and locked classrooms. I would feel very safe sending my children here and commend them for taking strong measures to protect their students! Love SNAC

My daughter went to first grade here. While her teacher was nice the class room was chaos. The kids would be allowed in the hall unsupervised to do their "reading". While I am all for different methods of teaching I don't know how they learned anything. The last thing that made me pull my daughter out was that they let her go on a field trip with out my knowledge. She had not not made the "cut" to go but when the teacher asked who was going she raised her hand and was allowed to go. My daughter was sent with no money or things she needed. She was no on any sort of master list so I don't know how they knew she was even with the group. When I confronted the principal about it all he said was "sorry" she made it home safe that should be good enough. Well it wasn't so I pulled her out homeschooled her. This place is a joke!

Teachers only communicate when telling you what your child did wrong or what they didn't do. No teacher encouragement. Classrooms are chaotic, teachers are constantly screaming while at their desk. Middle school building smells like a gym locker....(there are no windows to open). I feel as though I should do jail time for subjecting my son to this school.

Last modified Sierra Nevada Academy Charter is a Charter school that serves grades K-8