Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The chemistry teacher doesn't have enough knowledge in chemistry at high school level. This is the first year she teaches chemistry as she used to teach biology, so no wonder she makes mistakes in chemistry. She doesn't even try to improve the quality of her teaching style. Her grading method is not standard either. So far a lot of parents have complained but it seems the Coral high school director is not empowered (effective person) to make positive changes about this issue.

I am a parent of an 8th grader and a 4th grade student. The school used to be one of the best in Reno. It is not what is was few years ago when my kids started. The veteran teachers work very hard to get the students to understand the most challenging material. The problems started two years ago when the Coral Academy expanded 40% . The school started hiring a lot of new teachers. Some without any degree in the subject they are “teaching”. Some of the new teachers are very good and are doing their best to teach the challenging program. But some are very incompetent and do not make any effort to do a better job. If parents talk to the administration about their concerns those same teachers prefer to target their kids instead of doing something constructive and start actually doing their job properly. The administration is trying to do something but it is not very successful. We talked to the administration about concerns that we have and since then my kid’s English teacher is targeting my child in a very unprofessional way. It doesn't matter how much my child works or what is the quality of the job done she only gives my kid bad grades. The problems have become a lot more than any of the good things in the last two years and my kids will not be returning to the school next year. The elementary school is still a good alternative to most elementary schools in the public school system.

The teachers and admin are wonderful and helpful. He has been challenged in his work and encouraged to do his best. I love the cultural diversity of the student population as I believe it fosters the most necessary skill of tolerance. The school environment encourages kids to get along and to help each other. Not only is my child getting an excellent academic education he is learning to work and share with others, a vital element of success in the workplace.

**BEWARE** We decided on this school because it was supposed to be the "best". One thing that we learned early on is this school only has the rating they claim because they put so much emphasis, focus and time into their "star" kids, and push everyone else aside like they are an annoying little rock stuck in their shoe. They do not care if a child struggles no matter how much that child try's. They continue to push on and leave the child in the dust to fend for themselves. There is no advanced technology or learning tools, kids have to brave the weather going to and from class. They are extremely strict with their dress code and detentions are given out like candy. To go from the main building to a modular classroom in a blizzard your child either has to freeze and have wet soggy shoes or take the time OUTSIDE the building while holding books to change to snow boots and put on a jacket, then take them off and change back before they walk into the classroom. Teachers have their favorites and pick on the ones they don't like giving detention for the most idiotic things like throwing a wadded up piece of paper in the trash after school (this is not a joke, this really happened!!!).

Parent reviews about staff and special education What do parents like ? Good and bad comments

Coral Academy is the best school in the area and has the greatest staff!!!! I would recommend this school to all parents!!!

I've been going to Coral Academy of Science (CAS) since the 3rd grade, when they first started an Elementary, now I'm in 9th grade. My school is the best because when you need help the teachers are there to assist you and when your down everyone is there to cheer you up. No bullying occurs to no one under any circumstances is there any bullying allowed at this school. We also have uniforms so we don't get judge on what we wear. And because some of us don't have enough money to buy what the other person is wearing.Though there are Free Dress Days here at Coral Academy there is a fee of $2 in order to help a specific group, clubs, or even the Seniors for their graduation or prom. This is our school motto: "Coral Academy of Science provides a safe learning environment, supports a diverse community, and a student body that is dedicated to a rigorous college preparatory curriculum."

Coral Academy Secondary is exellent school for my son. I am very happy and appreciate the time the teachers spend with my son to teach him. Submitted by a parent

Coral Academy Secondary and Elementary are wonderful schools for my children. The instructors are dedicated, hardworking and creative in their approach while being stern but fair. The expectations are high, but my children do a much better job and try harder when more is expected of them. I am very happy with both campuses and appreciate the parent involvement and investment the instructors make in making Coral a very good alternative to our also good, but not as challenging, zoned school.

Coral Academy High School improved a lot in past couple years. My both children are at Coral for more than 4 years. Last year we were planning to move to IB, but we decided to stay at Coral. We believe that it will be more beneficial for our children to stay at Coral for several reasons: The quality of courses offered, elective opportunities, college prep curriculum, safe and small environment, etc. I still cannot believe that Coral is offering 14 AP courses for next year.

Last modified Coral Academy Charter School Secondary is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.