Bad
Good

Bailey Charter School 2

Posted October 24, 2013
Our school is awesome!! We are a free of choice charter school with small class sizes. We are however, in desperate need of funds to open our Library. We have the building on our location, but it does not meet fire codes and needs some electrical upgrades. Please help us fund a Library for our deserving students.

Posted October 24, 2013
Bailey Charter is a fantastic school! The people who have commented below should visit the school and see how things have changed over the years. Each of my kids has gone through the school in the past nine years, and I wouldn't want them anywhere else. My youngest is in 4th grade, and there are 12 students in the class. They do have PE once a week, and a very nice computer lab this year.

Posted December 18, 2012
I am not sure of what this school has to offer that is different from a school in the WCSD. There are no special classes at this school, i.e.: music, PE, computers, etc. They are in year four of needing improvement according to No Child Left Behind, and it does not appear that they are getting closer to reaching their goal. WCSD schools have so much more to offer in terms or activites, support, and curriculum. If you are considering sending your child to this school please consider all of the other options. Concearned Community member

Posted May 01, 2010
Two children in second grade ran away from School a couple of months ago @ recess. No one noticed they were gone and they were eventually found over by the indian reservation by Mill by Police. It was kind of hushed up nothing released to the media and parents weren't told how long they were missing or where they were found. Principal is inconsistant and School is dis-organised. Allways broken glass and garbage over by where we have to stand and wait to pick up children. I think this was a better School in the past. (There are some really great teachers at this School in the higher grades.) The Boosters club which supported and raised money for the School was dis-banded with no explanation to Parents and replaced by PTA.

Posted November 17, 2009
My Son has a horrible Teacher. Mean and Nasty uses shame tactics. Labels kids and very negative. I wish I had put him in regular Public School. Secretary and Principal are nice but I just only hope he is not scared for life from his horrible experiences there. We have not had any problems before at any other Schools or organizations.

Posted May 04, 2009
The teachers are great, the office staff is awesome, and their special ed is fantastic. This is a great school! Would love to see them do 7-12 as well!

Posted April 17, 2009
As parents we were very concerned that our son needs to be challenged. He is almost a grade level ahead in all subject after Kindergarten this year. The teachers care and indiviualize each childs work so they learn the most they can. The Boosters gives every parent a great way to get involved and parents care.

Posted June 19, 2008
I had mixed feelings about putting my child at Bailey. I wasn't sure if this was going to be the right school. I send him to a public school and I wasn,t happy with communication with teachers. They did'nt seem to care much. This was my sons first year at Bailey and it was the best year. His teacher was the best he has had. The office staff is the best. he learned so much and did great. The communication through the whole school is great. I love this school its like family. The before and after school program can't be beat. My sons loves it and has so much fun in it. I'am so glad I made the swith to bring him to Bailey.

Posted August 03, 2005
I have to say at first I was very uncertain about sending my eldest child to Bailey. We had moved to Reno and her kindergarten year was spent at Veteran's elementary and though there was no major problems there I was very curios as to how a Charter school differed from a 'regular' school. My daughter spend another year at Veteran's (was still leary) untill second grade- we finally made the switch. I am so glad we did! What a difference. The Parent Volunteer is one of the best- Great coordinator. Secretary is VERY well aware of what's going on. Class size is Perfect-& the before-after program IS THE GREATEST! Very grateful. Now I have two children that attend & the youngest started his school years there and they will both continue-well until those Jr.High years begin- Ugh.

Posted April 07, 2005
What a school should be like. When we first moved to Reno, my child went to Mt.Rose for 1yr and had a lot of problems with that school.Whereas she had never had problems beforehand EVER. I was very nervous to switching school, but it was the absolute best choice. My child LOVES Bailey Charter and is also very glad she made the switch.

Bailey Charter School
210 Gentry Way, Reno, NV  89502
Last modified Bailey Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.