Posted October 14, 2014
I wish I could rate this school even lower than one star. It is awful. I am a student attending North Valleys and I am ashamed. It is trashy and the staff there does not know how to run a successful school. The teachers are lazy and single kids out and pick on them. The students there are not disciplined. The guidance counselors are rude. Mine, doesn't reply to any emails from me, my mother, and even my case manager. It's ridiculous. I would never in a million years recommend this "school" to anyone. They do not know how to educate students. I have been to many schools and I have to say, I have never disliked a school so much as I dislike this one. The "system" they have is a joke. The staff is a joke. The school in general is a joke. And If I could I would transfer in a heartbeat.

Posted August 23, 2014
As a new student to NVHS I wish I can say positive things. I have felt like I cannot reach out with a problem to a teacher, counselor, or principal. I have had my emails ignored due to most teachers don't seem to have the time to help me with math questions, pretty much all I get is come back during lunch and see me, when I do they're not in their classroom or available to speak to me. I brought it up to the counselor and was promised to have a meeting. Finally after a few tries I had to speak to my parents about it, which they call the principal and was promised many positive outcomes which made me feel better, but once it came out to reality, it didn't follow through as promise. I'm so stressed out because we're only a couple weeks into the school year, we have scheduled to speak with the area sup now, hopefully this will meek a change not only for me but for all the other students that feel the same way and are too shy to speak up. Final choice if all comes to worse would have to be changing schools. I remain positive to hope for a great outcome to this.

Posted June 04, 2014
MY school? My school is amazing. There are teachers that don't seem to interested in what they're doing, but within my two years of the school (I moved) I've only experienced one disinterested teacher. All of my teachers have been there to help and try to make us grow as students. They have offered before to be there during lunch and after school. It is my personal opinion that some students like to blame their failures on others. Too many times I've heard that this or that teacher is a "bad" teacher while the student hardly tries on their homework or copies off of someone else. Too many times I've heard that a student thinks a teacher is being rude, when the teacher makes them put their phone away and stop disrupting people around them. The teachers are doing what they can to help us understand, but "you can take a horse down to the river, but only it can decide to drink the water". This school just like any other (and yes even the ones that seem really good) has its group of "rebels". The people who smoke and/or drink. This group only seems prominent, though, when you have a tendency to be around them. You can have an amazing experience. You just need the right attitude.

Posted April 27, 2014
This school has a diverse student body and a dedicated faculty. The teachers are very involved with student activities and athletics and very supportive. The building is kept very clean and most of the students really care about their school. There is a great deal of school spirit and many students are motivated to take AP and honors classes. When there are issues with student behavior (like the smoking area mentioned in a previous post), the administration puts an end to them, and provides affected students with the opportunity to become better educated about the issue and to improve themselves. Students who attend NVHS have the opportunity for a dynamic high school experience that has the potential to prepare them for the best colleges.

Posted February 20, 2014
NVHS is terrible. Send your child anywhere but here. The faculty doesn't care about educating your child just passing them along to the next teacher. I wish I would have gone to any other school in the area.

Posted September 18, 2013
As a parent I shouldn't have to be treated like garbage going into the front office. Why should be ladies in the office ask questions from parents in such a rude manor? I wish the administration would just see how the parents and students are treated. If you need to eat at your desk - There is absolutely no professionalism going into this school. I don't mind showing my id when picking up my daughter and I don't mind waiting - but please I shouldn't have to hear the people in the office talking bad about teachers. Please keep this to yourself. If it weren't for the teachers my daughter has I would think about a variance.

Posted August 16, 2013
We have been promised for at least the last four years that we would receive a change in the coaching staff. Unfortunately we start again another year and the same coaches that have brought the moral and student attitudes down. For how many years must we continue to be at the bottom of the list for schools in football, basketball and baseball. Yes I do sports and do keep my grades up so that I can. This is my senior year and it is very frustrating when you over hear coaches, teachers and the admin. say it's the bad quality of athletes that go to NVHS. We do have many good athletes and we all want to succeed. Why should we be held back because they won't change the coaches. Just like we all feel No one cares or something would have been done

North Valleys High School 2

Posted July 23, 2013
Its like any other high school. There's the nerds, jocs, preps, and stoners. There's good teachers working along side the bad ones. The experience is what you make it. A little tip about the clique thing.. make friends in the begining of the year. Put yourself out there right away so people will remember you.. and you wont fall into the "nobody" crowd.

Posted June 25, 2012
Great school. I am a student and i enjoy it very much. The teachers actually teach you something. The people are nice, and they/ we welcome others with open arms. The new principal is very strict and inforces new rules to better the school. Yes, like everyother school it has its downfalls but overal it is an awesome place to go to school.

Posted July 03, 2011
I was there for my freshmen year and then I moved. It's a bad school the student are mean and drugies. the teachers don't teach that much and won't help you. The school is also poor because they put all the money they get to the football team thats it. The students are so bad that there's a fight at less once a week. Then they have a smoker area they let you smoke what u want. But there are some good stuff about the school like the air force JROTC they do there best to make the school look better. All the kids who are in there JROTC work hard and are really nice. So I would say if you or your kid is going to nvhs don't unless you do like JROTC.

North Valleys High School
1470 East Golden Valley Rd, Reno, NV  89506
Last modified North Valleys High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Valleys High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top