K-1|Private

Bad
Good

This school is now called One World Learning Center but at the same location. My son was bullied for months and the owner insisted in wasn't happening. His teacher was the one telling me it was happening but she couldn't do anything. Employees were afraid to talk to me because they would lose their job if they didn't say what the owner wanted. The staff turn over rate is too high. The owner was aggressive and combative when I brought concerns to her about my son being bullied or being taught to sniff markers. Horrible experience. Had to pull my son out mid year kindergarten.

I have 2 children that attended Stepping Stones, now One World from when they were infants to Pre-school. They both started before Susan bought the business. Before this change, I was happy with the care of my children, after Susan bought it, I was extremely unhappy and started telling people NOT to take their kids there. Susan is the only reason we left. She is extremely inappropriate and was questioning my child's medication for asthma. She told me she was discussing it with her staff and that she had never seen a child on Albuterol as long as him. I was astounded that she was discussing my child with her staff, likely at the front desk. I tried to talk to her about it after cooling down but in the end she could not understand that she was inappropriate and just kept arguing with me. She is extremely abrasive and I could not stand the thought of her being around my children. To this day, I tell everyone I know looking for Childcare NOT to consider Oneworld. The owner drives out all the amazing teachers and keeps those that bow down to her rein.

Our daughter goes to One World and she absolutley loves going to school. Prior to the new owner taking over we were going to puller her out. As soon as Miss Susan took over we decided to stay. The school is cleaner, more organized, and an all around better place to be. There were some staff changes, but in my opinion they were absolutely for the better. The teachers are kind and caring. We love One World and would never take our child anywhere else.

My son attends One World Learning Center (formerly Stepping Stones) and I couldn't be happier. He loves going to school, loves his teachers, and learns more and more everyday. We love the new owner. She is very involved in the program. It sounds like these bad reviews might be coming from disgruntled ex-employees, and not parents at all. The school is a much better place than it used to be, and we couldn't be happier!

My daughter is 2 years old and has been at Stepping Stones since she was 3 months old (after waiting for 1 year on the waiting list). I was always very happy with the school until the new owner took over in July 2009. I am currently shopping for a new program because EVERYTHING about the school is different (staff, program, caring, attitude, warmth). There is no substance to the school anymore--everything is for show and the new owner is not nice. I used to recommend this school to everyone I could, now I would discourage anyone from going there.

My child was at Stepping Stones for 3 years (infant - 3). I pulled her out in October. Since the new owner took over in July, I am completely unhappy about the new 'quality' of the school. I trust every one of the old staff, but they have all left. I don't recommend this school to anyone, unless you are ready for the business owners intimidating, non-ethical and disrespectful personality.

My son started Stepping Stones as a 3 year old. I loved the school. Then a new owner bought the school in July, and everything went downhill. Almost nothing satyed the same. Most of the old staff is gone, the rooms have changed and the friendly atmosphere has disappeared. If this was a review for the old Stepping Stones it would have scored a 5. Now my son is old enough for Kindergarden, so I enrolled him in public school.

My 3 children have all attended Stepping Stones. The teachers there are excellent. I have nothing bad to say about the staff. Most of them have been there since my 4th grader was a baby. However, recently the school was sold to a new owner. I have never been unhappy at Stepping Stones until this change. The school used to have a family feel. It now seems like appearances are the most important thing. The teachers don't seem as happy as they once were and there have been a lot of new teachers lately. If you enroll...be wary of the management. Something you are told today may not be the same tomorrow. It is sad to see such a great school run this way. Due to this I am currently looking for a new center for my children.

As a first time parent, finding a safe, clean and caring place and feeling comfortable enough to leave my child; Stepping Stones is one of those places. The staff is wonderful; they relieve my worries and my child is happy and active. I highly recommend Stepping Stones if you can not stay home.

The staff at Stepping Stones is phenomenal (teachers and office staff). I would highly recommend this school as an actual stepping stone to the 1st grade. I only wish they offered higher grade levels, but, am very happy with the quality of education my daughter received. She was able to read well before the end of the kindergarten school year. My second daughter is only 3 months old, but, I already plan on signing her up for Stepping Stones as soon as possible. They offer extra holiday activities and field trips and parent involvement is excellent.

Last modified One World Learning Center is a Private school that serves grades K-1