Public charter
Students enrolled: 1,715
After care: No

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted September 01, 2015
With a child with an IEP, I feel this school was not able to offer what was needed to help him be successful. My two other children who are honor students struggled with the material being boring and not challenging enough.

Nevada Connections Academy 1

Posted September 01, 2015
I have enrolled 3 of my children in NV Connections Academy. When we recieved the box full of supplies and computer, my kids were very excited. 1st day of school was very hectic, trying to get everyone on schedule. Then on day 3 and 4 Connections computers went down. There was no access. When they came back up on Monday morning, all of my kids were behind. Instead of allowing them to start where they left off, my children were not stressed out about catching up. They were starting school at 8 am an finishing for the day at 5 pm. at the end of the day they were wore out and still not caught up. We are now in day 7 of Connections Academy. We have tried multiple times to get a hold of Admin, Vice Principal and Counselors, but continually get voicemails. Teachers are fairly easy to get a hold of, but upper admin and counselors are virtually impossible. They then respond with emails instead of returning phone calls. We have unenrolled our children. Connections is very disorganized, and seems to run off of teachers and staff that work out of their home and do not take education seriously. We felt like our children deserved better.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted September 01, 2015
The teachers all work from home and have very large classes. Some as many as 60+ students that they are keeping track of and grading. They are overworked and overloaded.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted September 01, 2015
This is an online school that requires a minimum of hours depending on grade level. The material/courses given are lengthy reading, not much interaction and boring, time consuming busy work that kept my kids working from 8 am until 5 pm. every day. When I spoke with the counselor regarding this, she stated that if they were in public school they would have 7 hours of school plus homework, and to think of the long 9 hours of online school as the same with homework.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted September 01, 2015
This is an online school and therefore does not have much interaction with other students other than via Live lessons.

Nevada Connections Academy 4

Posted February 11, 2015
My children attended this school. The staff was very supportive and friendly. The teachers reach out to the students within a day if they had any questions on any of the assignments. The curriculum was okay but the homework was over whelming. My children would be doing their work all night to catch up. In general, the learning environment was awesome and the meet ups with other students were fun.

Posted September 28, 2014
This school has changed our family's lives the curriculum is individualized and it not only challenges my son but it has given him a sense of so much pride. I love the teachers they are very helpful.

Posted June 07, 2014
My daughter graduated from NCA, she loved it because it allowed her to work at her own pace, the teachers were very involved and were available constantly through phone, email and live lessons. I felt the teachers gave the students plenty opportunities to succeed with assignments as students could go in and redo certain assignments for better grade if the student chose to do so. Opportunities were better for us than at a brick and mortar school.

Posted April 10, 2014
Our school is Nevada Connections Academy, we love it. The teachers are awesome and only a click or a call away if any thing should happen. I have had so much contact with teachers in Connections Academy, with public school I was lucky to speak with teacher once a year. Our children love this school, it is flexible and the curriculum is both hands on and video's the books are colorful, and the video's are great, the kids love them, a great learning tool. NCA has been a blessing for my family because it allows me the freedom to take my children with me to care for my parents, when this happens school goes with us. I do not have to check them in and out of school, Out of 5 kids we will not send the two youngest to public school, they have witnessed their older brothers be involved in locked downs and what can happen at the cost of bullies. Oh and by the way did I mention that it's Free, yes it's FREE, they send the PC and books and even send subsisted prepaid cards to help with the internet, no more high costs for school supplies folks, I tell everyone about Connections Academy, because it's the perfect school for our family, Try Connections Academy and see !!

Posted September 13, 2013
Nevada Connections Academy is an online free public school that is an excellent alternative to traditional school. The curriculum is superior and I like that the student can work at their own pace, no rushing. As a parent I have more involvement in my child's education. The support from the teachers to the technical support is excellent. Someone is always there to help when needed. There is numerous opportunity for the children to meet at lunch bunch or field trips. My child has excelled and learned so much since starting at NCA. Students also have numerous electives and clubs and activities to join that are not available in a traditional school. Superior learning in a safe and healthy environment.

555 Double Eagle Ct., Reno, NV  89521
Last modified Nevada Connections Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nevada Connections Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top