Public charter
Students enrolled: 1,715
After care: No

Nevada Connections Academy 4

Posted February 11, 2015
My children attended this school. The staff was very supportive and friendly. The teachers reach out to the students within a day if they had any questions on any of the assignments. The curriculum was okay but the homework was over whelming. My children would be doing their work all night to catch up. In general, the learning environment was awesome and the meet ups with other students were fun.

Posted September 28, 2014
This school has changed our family's lives the curriculum is individualized and it not only challenges my son but it has given him a sense of so much pride. I love the teachers they are very helpful.

Posted June 07, 2014
My daughter graduated from NCA, she loved it because it allowed her to work at her own pace, the teachers were very involved and were available constantly through phone, email and live lessons. I felt the teachers gave the students plenty opportunities to succeed with assignments as students could go in and redo certain assignments for better grade if the student chose to do so. Opportunities were better for us than at a brick and mortar school.

Posted April 10, 2014
Our school is Nevada Connections Academy, we love it. The teachers are awesome and only a click or a call away if any thing should happen. I have had so much contact with teachers in Connections Academy, with public school I was lucky to speak with teacher once a year. Our children love this school, it is flexible and the curriculum is both hands on and video's the books are colorful, and the video's are great, the kids love them, a great learning tool. NCA has been a blessing for my family because it allows me the freedom to take my children with me to care for my parents, when this happens school goes with us. I do not have to check them in and out of school, Out of 5 kids we will not send the two youngest to public school, they have witnessed their older brothers be involved in locked downs and what can happen at the cost of bullies. Oh and by the way did I mention that it's Free, yes it's FREE, they send the PC and books and even send subsisted prepaid cards to help with the internet, no more high costs for school supplies folks, I tell everyone about Connections Academy, because it's the perfect school for our family, Try Connections Academy and see !!

Posted September 13, 2013
Nevada Connections Academy is an online free public school that is an excellent alternative to traditional school. The curriculum is superior and I like that the student can work at their own pace, no rushing. As a parent I have more involvement in my child's education. The support from the teachers to the technical support is excellent. Someone is always there to help when needed. There is numerous opportunity for the children to meet at lunch bunch or field trips. My child has excelled and learned so much since starting at NCA. Students also have numerous electives and clubs and activities to join that are not available in a traditional school. Superior learning in a safe and healthy environment.

Nevada Connections Academy 3

Posted September 05, 2013
I was happy to see that the history would teach my son about presidents before popes (unlike K-12). But, after seeing the lackluster material, poor customer support, and onslaught of issues with the shoddy software. I think I would rather my kid learn about popes again... At least he was learning. I see this school possibly damaging more kids than it will help, this is sad considering how poor NV schools rank. We parents are given the choice of bottom of the barrel or being rolled over by that barrel. I am starting to think I must leave this state just so my kid can receive a basic education (not even a good one)...

Posted July 31, 2013
NCA is a free school that my daughter attends online at home. NCA sent us a free computer, a headset with microphone, books, art kit, science kit and math kit. She has been in NCA for 4 yrs and loves it! She likes that she can go at her own pace, move ahead quickly in some subjects and take more time in others. She loves to participate in the live lessons that are Powerpoint presentations where she is able to chat with other students in a chatbox, use the microphone to answer questions and break out into separate work sessions with other students. We love that the schedule is flexible and there is enough work to do to keep her busy and challenged, and yet some of it is optional. Keeping track of attendance is super easy. Her curriculum calendar is all set up for her in a daily To Do List. Homeschool has helped her tremendously, as she is easily distracted and needs my attention to keep on task. I include Bible study as part of her school day. I'm able to see her progress daily and celebrate with her a test well done. Social interaction was a concern at first, but she has had violin class, PE in the park, ice skating, school field trips, church youth group and Girl Scouts.

Posted March 20, 2013
It really is the most rewarding and freeing experience. You get sent top notch curriculum, a computer and all the supplies you will need. It is a state funded public school that operates virtually so there is no cost to us, therefore still getting what my tax dollars pay for! I get to be with my children everyday and guide them through their lessons. We get to set our schedule how it works for us and can even work on weekends if we want to. Your teachers are always available by email and phone for help and they give great feedback on the assignments that they grade. We get together with other students at the school for field trips, my children's favorite is the monthly ice skating! Because you work at your children's pace you can take your time to master every subject and move ahead fast, we always get our work done early second semester, instead of taking off all those random holidays like President's day etc... we do extra work and then by the end of the school year I get to give my kids an extra week of summer! You will work hard as a learning coach, but it is really worth it. I cannot express how awesome this school has been for our family and I highly recommend it.

Posted March 14, 2013
I absolutly love this school!! I have two of my three children attending so far just waiting for my third to be accepted in the lottery for this year as well. I love the curriculum its more challinging for my children then what they where geing in school. I also love the fact that they are in a safe enviroment and not getting bullied from anyone. The reason I looked into this school in the firs place is because my 4th grader was getting severly bullied by her teacher of all the people now you have to worry about teachers being mean. But I am absolutly happy with are choice as a family to do online home schooling it is working out wonderful for all of us. It was different in the begging but with all the wonderful suport from the teachers and the school itself we learned how to do everything very easily and fast. I will be telling everyone i know about this school and hope it can changes their lives like it did ours! Thank you so much Connections Academy!!!

Posted March 14, 2013
I love Connections Academy because I have a crazy schedule and my son and I can work around it. He is enjoying the challenge of teaching mom!

Nevada Connections Academy
555 Double Eagle Ct., Reno, NV  89521
Last modified Nevada Connections Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nevada Connections Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top