Silver Springs, NV

Silver Springs Elementary School 3

Posted October 16, 2010
I not only am a parent, but a former employee. I have lived in Silver Springs for over 5 years and my children have never been in any other school (yet). Along the way I have learned that you can only run a school as well as your district allows you. I wasn't impressed with the school when my kids started there. And despite a change in principal I can say no matter how wonderful Mr. G is, he can only do as much as the district allows. I do not think that Lyon County has a clear vision of what is important for the kids, nor do I think that have the capability to grow and learn at a fast enough rate to advance our kids to succeed. They have the most backwards way of hiring so-so employees and I feel my kids deserve better. We'll be leaving soon!

Posted March 04, 2009
I went to this school in the 80's and I am very happy my son is going as well. Teachers are great, principal is amazing and the environment is very kid friendly. Highly recommend this school.

Silver Springs Elementary School 3

Posted November 17, 2008

Silver Springs Elementary School 0

Posted July 29, 2008
Some people are never happy! Regarding that Feb21, 2008 review. I have taught at all 3 Silver Springss schools. The middle school is not full of angry tweens teen. It's a wonderful environment with great kids & a great staff. The middle school is not on the same property as the elementary, they are merely adjoined. The kids don't start or end at the same time and are never together. Classes are not overcrowded, 25 a room or less. I've taught where there were 38 a class! Teachers work hard, administrators care, and reading would never be a cancelled program. It's not an option. It's state mandated, anyway!

Silver Springs Elementary School 2

Posted February 21, 2008
Things have changed a lot in the last few years. Classes are overcrowded, reading programs have been cancelled, they no longer have extended day programs and in turn offer no excelled learning format. The teachers work hard and deserve to be acknowledged for that. The elementary school property is on the same property as the middle school. Not a good environment for the little guys with the angry tween/teens hanging around. The population of students has long outgrown the facilities this school offers.

Posted December 19, 2005
I have a 1st grader who has been at SSES from Kindegarten. My 1st grader is in the extended day program. Once again, the curriculum and the teachers are fabulous! By attending school one hour early every morning, the children actually attend a whole 22-23 extra days a year. That is almost a whole month! My son has been reading since kindergarten, and he just loves it! I love the after hour programs that are hosted like family reading night! I believe that these programs are instrumental to parent involvement and fosters a connectedness for those of us who work full time - I am so happy with the repoire and access to my sons teachers and faculty. The principal Mrs. Fadness is running a top rate academic facility and her staff is just awesome! Thank you SSES. We just love your school! -T.M Piper

Posted September 01, 2005
The extended day program has one of the best teaching groups I have ever seen. They hold high expectations for all the students and the kids are striving to their expectations. I feel truly blessed to have my children as part of their group. They are receiving an excellent education and having fun at the same time. Thanks SSES.

Posted December 29, 2004
i am a former student and i thought this school was wonderful all the teachers cared

Posted August 04, 2004
My son has attended Silver Springs Elementary for Kindergarden and 1st grade. We are very pleased with his performance and his grades. The teachers have been wonderful, excellent communicators and helpful. My son is really looking forward to 2nd grade and so are we!

Silver Springs Elementary School 4

Posted January 12, 2004

Silver Springs Elementary School
3900 West Spruce St, Silver Springs, NV  89429
Last modified Silver Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Silver Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top