Bad
Good

I not only am a parent, but a former employee. I have lived in Silver Springs for over 5 years and my children have never been in any other school (yet). Along the way I have learned that you can only run a school as well as your district allows you. I wasn't impressed with the school when my kids started there. And despite a change in principal I can say no matter how wonderful Mr. G is, he can only do as much as the district allows. I do not think that Lyon County has a clear vision of what is important for the kids, nor do I think that have the capability to grow and learn at a fast enough rate to advance our kids to succeed. They have the most backwards way of hiring so-so employees and I feel my kids deserve better. We'll be leaving soon!

I went to this school in the 80's and I am very happy my son is going as well. Teachers are great, principal is amazing and the environment is very kid friendly. Highly recommend this school.

Some people are never happy! Regarding that Feb21, 2008 review. I have taught at all 3 Silver Springss schools. The middle school is not full of angry tweens teen. It's a wonderful environment with great kids & a great staff. The middle school is not on the same property as the elementary, they are merely adjoined. The kids don't start or end at the same time and are never together. Classes are not overcrowded, 25 a room or less. I've taught where there were 38 a class! Teachers work hard, administrators care, and reading would never be a cancelled program. It's not an option. It's state mandated, anyway!

Things have changed a lot in the last few years. Classes are overcrowded, reading programs have been cancelled, they no longer have extended day programs and in turn offer no excelled learning format. The teachers work hard and deserve to be acknowledged for that. The elementary school property is on the same property as the middle school. Not a good environment for the little guys with the angry tween/teens hanging around. The population of students has long outgrown the facilities this school offers.

Last modified Silver Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.