Posted November 07, 2013
This school is, hands down, the one of the best schools I've seen. My children are all enrolled here, ranging from the elementary to the high school. Yes, in the past there was a few issues, but with the new principal (Mark Gradillas) there is zero tolerance for any nonsense. You can not keep a student from kicking another student in the crotch, yet you can keep a student from doing it again, and with Mark Gradillas at our helm, Smith Valley Schools are certainly one of the best and is only improving.

Posted November 06, 2013
Smith Valley School is an outstanding school! We consistently have each others backs and bullying is not a big problem. If you behave in a mature fashion and work hard in class you tend to be well-liked. We are consistently ranked as a high-achieving school and we're proud of it. The principal who took over in 2012-13 disciplines the students but he is fair and he is consistent, favoritism or looking the other way is a thing of the past. It's a great school if you like to work hard and get a solid education. We also have some pretty good sports teams, CTE and Ag programs!

Smith Valley Schools 1

Posted July 29, 2013
i am a student going to this school now in the 8th grade. this school is horrible there are many bullies. The new principle tries but nothing changes. I have even been kicked in my private area (i am a male student) for no reason and the principle was and did nothing at all. I would really like to stay away from this school but i can not because my father lives here but in all this school is not good the teachers their are very good though and can teach a lot and i have also got my self in trouble also but only for minor things like joking around in the classroom. there is also a lot of favorites in this school meaning you will usally wont be chosen for anything if you go to this school.i have been going to this school since 3 grade and i have seen no change in this school what so ever!

Smith Valley Schools 1

Posted April 17, 2011
I took my kids to this school for three years and finally pulled them out to home school. The worst school I have ever dealt with, tons of bullying (4th graders picking on K) and the principal does absolutely nothing. Due to the good-ol-boy mentality in this horrible town, no one wants to ruffle the feathers of the "elite parents" ! Stay far far away from this school.

Posted December 19, 2007

Posted December 05, 2007

Smith Valley Schools
20 Day Ln, Smith, NV  89430
Last modified Smith Valley Schools is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smith Valley Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top