9-12 & Ungraded
Sparks, NV
Students enrolled: 2,048

Posted May 21, 2012
This school has great resources available for parents to help their student excel. The counselors are friendly and will answer any questions you have. The parent resource center is available for all parents to use and they even offer free classes on graduation prep, college prep classes, etc. Of course, they have great sport teams if your child is an athlete. My daughter is on the basket ball team and they have excellent coaches. It may be an older school, but the learning is quality. It is what you and your child make of it.

Posted August 07, 2011
i just graduated from this school and i have to say it was an amazing experince it has the elements of the classic high school in it all of the teachers are great. yes sometimes the ratio of students can be a littel out rageous but they have students that are more than willing to help out others. also to be succesful you have to co-operate with its staff to really get help or enjoy it to the full extent. the school i feelt paid to much attention to athletes and less to other programs but it still has amazing other departments. the only reason some may not be inspired is they had the harder teachers and didnt like the teavhers for it every one there has character and i will miss not going to that school any longer

Edward C Reed High School 1

Posted June 02, 2010
My experience with Reed has been less than stellar. I have found that the teachers have grown apathetic to the individual concerns of the students or parents. The class sizes are 30 -1 or higher and the bureaucracy has been set up in such a way as to discourage teachers from trying innovative ways to teach and inspire. My son is well read and has a broad range of interests spanning science and literature and not a single teacher managed to inspire him. An illustration of the disconnection of teachers with their students was an occasion that my son had an accident that caused a severe black eye, not one teacher asked where or how he got the injury. If athletics is not your primary concern, look to charter schools.

Posted April 27, 2010
I love this school! Im attending it, and it has great teachers and it's kids are awesome too!

Edward C Reed High School 1

Posted January 27, 2010
Certainly managing a school of over 2000 students must be a tremendous undertaking. School discipline has been a struggle for the administration for several years and it appears that action is now being taken to correct the problems. My own experience with the teachers (I currently have 2 students and one graduate) is that they are an experienced and caring group of individuals. The extracurricular activities (music, athletics, performing arts) are well designed and attended.

Posted July 09, 2008
This is a wonder school that I would recomend for any new person to the nieghboorhood. GREAT athletic programs.

Edward C Reed High School 4

Posted November 04, 2007
A little crowded, but honors/AP classes are run very well.

Posted June 08, 2007
Reed is a great high school. My daugter just graduated (2007). I want to thank Reed High School for excepting her variance to stay at Reed after we moved. I am very pleased with the education my daughter received at Reed. Thank you so much for everything.

Posted April 10, 2006
Two of my sons who are now 21 and 18 graduated from this school. I was impressed with how each teacher would call me on their own time if there were any concerns and the counselors on many occasions would call me in the evening, also on their own time to make sure that everyone was on track and that my sons were heading the right direction. I have two more that will be attending this school in the future and I have the utmost respect and admiration for these professionals. I am a busy mom who is working and going back to college with four children. Reed High School is interested in the best interests of my children and are willing to help ot busy parents.

Edward C Reed High School 4

Posted September 21, 2005
This school is marvelous. It has a wide range of activities available for students. Many music classes, three foreign language classes, awesome althletics, different p.e. classes, alternative classes for those who are behind, a veriety of art classes, great parent/teacher communication, fantastic counselors, an unbelievable musical theater program, one of the best choral programs in the district, many clubs, great rotc program... The list still continues.

Edward C Reed High School
1350 Baring Blvd, Sparks, NV  89434
Last modified Edward C Reed High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edward C Reed High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top