Sparks, NV

Posted February 08, 2013
My son's 8th grade teacher is very effective no non-sense instructor. When he did not do his homework she informed me and made sure he still had to do it. She was very caring and only interested in his advancement.

George L Dilworth Middle School 1

Posted March 19, 2012
Students heckled opposing team's players as administrators looked on, one even smiled and smirked approvingly. I recently attended my daughter's 7th grade volleyball game at this school and left in disgust after my daughter's A team game because a group of Dilworth students sat in front of my daughter's and heckled them the entire time. While such despicable and immature behavior from middle school students is not surprising, what was surprising was the fact that 2 administrators (male and female) were sitting less than 12 feet from these students and neither did anything for a very long time. It was not until minutes into the B team's game (more than 45 minutes after the students had heckled the A team and begun doing the same to the B team) that the female administrator walked over to the students and said something to the students. Of course, that did nothing to change the students' behavior as the male administrator had smiled at them just minutes before. What an awful experience! I now understand why there are bars on the hallway entrances ... I can only hope that at some point, Dilworth students are taught how to NOT be rude and immature. Awful, just awful!

George L Dilworth Middle School 4

Posted November 30, 2009
The teachers really seem to care about the students and the fact that they do well in school, my son had gone to Mendive and they said they cared but never acted on it so he didn't get the extra help he need! my daughter is now going to Dilworth in the 8th grade and the teachers made me aware she was having problems and are giving her the extra help she needs to succeed! Kudo's to all the wonderful staff there!!!

Posted September 18, 2009
Ive only been at this school for 3weeks for 7th grade but its bloody awesome its got great teachers and they realy care if you learn and if you dont get something they will personaly make sure you do.And other than acedemics and stuff like that they have lots of stuff planned like games and dances and partys.Overall its an awesome school.

George L Dilworth Middle School

Posted December 11, 2008
Both my children attended this school and we found the entire teaching staff that they each had to be exceptional in seeing that our children made the most of their experience there.

George L Dilworth Middle School 4

Posted August 15, 2008
Both our children attended Dilworth & it was an excellent experience!

Posted August 02, 2008
Dilworth is a wonderful school. My son went to 7th grade at Dilworth and is getting ready to start his 8th grade year there. His teachers were very proactive in spotting trouble last year with homework issues so we as parents could address them before they got out of hand. I think Dilworth is a wonderful, and is doing a wonderful job!

Posted September 11, 2005
My son has been in Dilworth Middle School since 7th grade, now 8th grade. Anytime I have had a question for the teachers or the principle, they have gone into immediate action to take care of my concern or problem. Between the schools teachers and counselors, I think our kids have a wonderful head start toward adulthood as well as getting them ready for high school. I am a proud parent of a Dilworth Middle school student.

George L Dilworth Middle School
255 Prater Way, Sparks, NV  89431
Last modified George L Dilworth Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George L Dilworth Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top