Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 18, 2015
Mr. Rivas is a wonderful teacher. My daughter has always loved writing and telling stories. (what kid doesn't) We published writers in the family, so it is in her blood. Mr. Rivas is teaching her how to get her thoughts down on paper with structure. I am extremely impressed with my daughter's progressing writing skills and it's all thanks to him that she doesn't struggle to do so. Thank you for being there Mr. Rivas. Your hard work and accomplishment is definitely shining through my daughter.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 05, 2015
The ones we have now, are amazing. Mr. Rivas, and Miss Arnold are excellent teachers!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 05, 2015
My children need to be challenged, not overwhelmed yet. College will take care of that.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted November 05, 2015
I have no idea. I know that my kids have always had that quality and they got it from me.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 05, 2015
All the children I come across when walking to and from pick up, seem to be very respectful.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted November 05, 2015
Almost too much empathy when it comes to disruptive kids. Everyone seems to suffer. (I've repeated myself. It's maddening!)

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted November 05, 2015
When a child is a problem and is disruptive, it is not fair to allow that child to disrupt the class. I think he should have to be sent to the office and sit like they used to do back in the day. Remove the distraction, contact the parent and try to resolve his issues with him and his family. Not in the middle of class while my child is behaving and following the rules and trying to learn.

Lena Juniper Elementary School 4

Posted November 05, 2015
Both of my kiddos attend this school and so far, it's been educational. The office staff is lacking compassion. I understand things can get stressful, I wouldn't want to deal with parents and kids all day. I'd lose it. That's why I've never applied for a job at a school. Vickie is a bit impatient and rude. I had to name drop there. She is also someone that stereotypes right off the bat. It's not wise in her position. She needs to get checked a little I think. Bullying. My son is a HUGE 5 year old. He looks like a healthy 7 year old. I believe this to be the reason behind some of the bullying. It was a rough first quarter, but things have been addressed and I have informed the school of my children and their skills in self-defense and that they are not discouraged to apply them when necessary. So far, the school has heard me and has done what has needed to be done to correct the situation. As for the teachers , both my children and we as parents just love them. They harness their strengths and encourage them in ways that have made me try new things at home. My kids love school and are thriving here now. I guess you could say, I am satisfied with this school. :)

Lena Juniper Elementary School 5

Posted October 23, 2014
Lena juniper is one of the best Schools in the area, the stuff its very nice and the new principal is doing a great job with the kids she motivated them telling them coments that every kid needs to hear sometimes, I have 3 kids going there for 3 years now and they love to be a juniper student nothing bad to said about it

Lena Juniper Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2014
The secretary is consistently rude, partially becauce the principal is too proud to admit the problem. Therefore she continues to be rude to many parents. Unbelieveable!

225 Queens Way, Sparks, NV  89431
Last modified Lena Juniper Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.