Sparks Middle School 5

Posted November 20, 2012
My son attends Sparks Middle School as an eighth grader. Though this is his first year there, he has made many friends, and gets along well with his teachers. His first term progress report was well above average. The staff are always available when I need to call and his teachers give progress reports when my son neglects his homework. (Yes, he is a teenager and does get lazy once in a while), But his teachers make sure the stays on top of his assignments. I would definitely recommend this school.

Posted November 04, 2011
i don't understand your one review about gangs being in the school; but not to fear because it is up to the student. wow. the bad environment is still there lady. and don't you see that out of 100 this school rates only a 37? seems to me the administration and the teachers have their work cut out for themselves and until then they should be embarrassed. my great niece started school there and one student walked up to her and threatened her and yelled the "b" word at her.. so academics are lacking and bullying seems to be norm for the course. i know of what i speak. i have been an educator for 40 years in michigan..

Posted February 25, 2011
My daughter goes to Sparks, let me tell you something, Horrible, This school is less than Unsatisfactory. Is below that by x100. The suspend the student for very dorky reasons, My daughter got suspended because she didn't tuck in her shirt, on the first day of school, didn't know you had to, thought it was a mellow school. Teachers are low quality, they don't teach as well as they use to.. My daughter is hard worker, Math and science teacher, fail her, and she deserves better, teachers are all over her. One teacher exposed her suspension, to the classes, I don't recommend this school at all.

Sparks Middle School 0

Posted February 22, 2010
sms is awesome for my kid and the teachers are great go to this school now now!

Sparks Middle School 5

Posted March 18, 2009
Wow! I am so disappointed in the complaining parents! This is a great school for your kids. They were the only school to get higher scores on the CRT's , while the other schools went down. Not to mention they have uniforms now. Many people refer to this school as ghetto, because of the gang violence,and what not. But it all depends on the child, they could go to the best school in the world and your child could still be a gangbanger! Please dont judge the school for its cover, try it you'll love it!!! -Great kids come here!

Posted January 30, 2009

Posted December 21, 2008
I had a daughter go to Sparks MS. I was so disappointed in the school and the teachers and I would not ever recommend this school to parent.

Sparks Middle School 4

Posted February 07, 2008

Sparks Middle School 0

Posted November 24, 2007
My daughter had been a straight 'A' student until starting SMS this year. When she asks the teacher for help, he passes her by and tells her to ask someone close to her, then, she gets in trouble for talking. We are very disappointed in this school and the teachers, and are looking for a way to get her transfered before she loses interest in learning!!!

Posted June 16, 2007

Sparks Middle School
2275 18th St, Sparks, NV  89431
Last modified Sparks Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sparks Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top