Bad
Good

My kids attend school here. My son is in the all day SWAS GT Program. He loves going to school now because he is getting the education and attention he needs. He wasn't getting that at his other, zoned school. He was treated as a special ed (not saying that is a bad thing) student, when in reality he was misunderstood and gifted. My daughter also goes to school here and has no problems. Bullying is not a problem here as we had an incident with another student and it was handled professionally. The staff really cares about the students safety

Very friendly, helpful, supportive, outgoing, and innovative. I highly recommend this school. What I love about this school the most is that they are eagerly trying to make this school better everyday.

Out of all the elementary schools in the Washoe Cnty area that I have had experience with between my own children and now grand children, Jerry Whitehead is by far superior. Not only in their staff, especially the principal, but the teachers are the most devoted I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Thank you for your dedication.

Had a bad experience with my childs teacher. very rude and not understanding of my childs situation.

Great school, great teachers, great office staff, great nurse .... what else can need to be said.

My son participates in the SWAS full-time GT program at this school. The SWAS teachers are incredible, and my son loves going to school.

Last modified Jerry Whitehead Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.