Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Teaching not just from the text books, but giving example of why integrity is important in life.

Safe school, experienced teachers and cooperate. Teachers care about their students and career. Students have a wide range of activities to choose from.

My child had a teacher at this school that was just awful! No matter how hard I tried to cooperate and "play nicely" I just could not deal with her! She always demanded answers and never gave him time to think and every time I tried to talk to her about ANYTHING she was so defensive! One time, I went into the classroom to talk her and was just looking around and she snapped at me, "What are you looking at?"

My daughter started her school life at this school and it is the best school. It is such a great school that I do not want to leave the neighborhood even though we cannot really afford to live here. We're staying! Now I have a kindergartner entering in a few weeks. I was not too found of Reno until our experience with this school. I want my daughters to attend this school until it's time to move on to middle school. I love this school because of the teachers of course, but also because they have a strong mentoring program in place. My daughter has friends in the older grades because they are her mentors. They help her with academics and sports. It's so great to see that because we all know about the divisions in most schools. The lower grades are not looked down upon at this school. That really says something about the character and commitment of all staff.

This is a wonderful school. My daughter has excelled here due in large part to the teachers who love what they do, and care about kids. They don't just focus on the all important academics, but they also focus on helping kids handle life issues, get along with one another, and learn how to conduct themselves when conflict arises.

This school does not call parents when a child is absent from school. This is a critical safety issue that needs to be enforced. I think this is something parents need to be aware of.

My son loves this school and his kindergarten teacher Mrs. Kattelman. She is so enthusiastic and makes learning so much fun. All the kids (past and present) love her so much. I volunteer every other week and the school is in tip top shape. The office staff are always so friendly, and helpful.

we have great learning skills. Food not the best. dont recomend hot lunch. Teachers are good . nice fied trips. exspecially Mrs. Holliday. Mrs. tribble hs great science exsperients!

My boys love this school, my husband and I will do our utmost to keep them here all of their elementary years. My oldest is in 3rd and my youngest in 1st. The principal: you can totally tell that he loves the children and it seems like he makes a point to know each and every one to the best of his ability on a personal level. All Staff: they every one are super friendly, especially Donna in the office. They are all always there to help and friendly as they can be. The Teachers: We have had Mrs. Lee, Mrs Day, Mrs Martinkus and Mrs. Steinmetz. They are all Superb teachers. Overall I say this school goes above and beyond to educate my children. They take education seriously and do their best to encourage each child to step out and experience learning and they make it fun.

teachers are great; has a great PE program.

Last modified Van Gorder Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.