PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My oldest has attended this school for five years, and our youngest started this year. When we chose this school, it was originally because we knew how bad the public school system is in Washoe County. Further, the hope of having Faith taught to our children IN school is something we both agreed upon. Without a doubt, my children are better off at this school than anywhere else. The teachers and staff care about our kids and us. They have actively challenged my kids to work harder and be the best person they can be. Faith is a cornerstone to all things, especially education. We are blessed to have this school in our area and even more blessed that our children are students at this school.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

If there is an issue, bring it up to admin. It is dealt with immediately.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My oldest is more advanced than some students in her class, but not all kids are equal and some have learning issues. It's been amazing to watch the teachers handle multiple types of children with ease.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

When I've had an issue I went straight to the administration, they listened and took me seriously, understood my concerns and addressed the problem.

Develops character: Strongly agree

That is absolutely correct, they encourage the students to always be honest, compassionate and respectful.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers care, and when they care about the students, the students feel it and want to do better. It's a win win situation for all of us.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The homework is student focused. If your child is ahead or above average, they are challenged more. The homework is not excessive nor minimal, I would say it's age appropriate for each grade level.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I strongly disagree that this school helps students develop honesty integrity and fairness in its students

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are trained and well-educated. They are passionate about what they do and know how to differentiate to best meet student needs.

Amount of homework: Agree

Research has proven that homework isn't that beneficial, but this school gives enough to reinforce learning.

Last modified Excel Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12