Posted October 20, 2014
Our child came home with good grades all year. That tells me my child is doing fine ached academically, right? Not even close. Grades are based on current aptitude, not actual grade level. That explanation was unacceptable. School leadership creates this type of environment and the teachers are hung out to dry. Our child no longer attends this school.

Posted June 23, 2014
Academic expectations are very low. Christian atmosphere is also lacking. We had trouble with grades not being posted in a timely manner in my son's class. Teacher was kind and respectful, but unresponsive to our request..

Posted June 04, 2014
This school has probably biggest enrollment fee in town. They say it is non-refundable but in some cases s they may give it back. We applied for this school and pay a fee. Same time we applied to other private school. Than something bad happened and I lost my job. First school refunded this money without any questions due to my consequences. But Excel Christian School was so greedy that they decided to keep this money as a gift. I wouldn't worry about that money ($400) if I would have a job. But in my situation it is pretty upsetting. Well, I guess someone will just pray and get over it?

Posted February 05, 2014
Unfortunately I live next door to this school. The noise level is off the chart. Every morning the children are allowed to run wild and scream as loudly as they want. I've never heard a teacher ask them to quiet down. Each afternoon the teachers announce the parents arrival via BULL HORN EXTREMELY LOUDLY. I am a parent, I do not hate children, that being said, you would assume a Christian school would demand that the children behave in a decent manner.

Posted August 30, 2013
This is my kids 2nd year at the new location, we love this school, it's a blessing to know that the word of God is present and the staff is wonderful, my kids love it here and thrive.

Posted October 04, 2012
This school is just fantastic. The teachers are so caring. The coaches are also. The vice principal Mr. Dahir is one of most wonderful people I have ever met in SO many ways. This school has been a blessing for my granddaughter. Public schools may be fine for many kids,but many will get lost in them. The teachers there can't possibly know all the kids that well. The best decision we ever made.

Posted February 25, 2012
An amazing school. We moved our son from another Christian school to Excel in his 6th grade. He is now a sophomore and is thriving. They have helped him grow spiritually, academically, emotionally & physically. Even though he has been challenged by the secular world, his foundation is strong & unshaken due to the teachers, administration and staff. He has grown into his role of leadership & continues to advance everyday. Being the parent of a child that would say "I'm not going to college, I'll just work for dad", to having him come home one day & say "Mom, dad, I've found some colleges we need to check out!" Through health challenges, learning issues, etc., we have found a caring & nurturing environment that is willing to work with our child through anything that comes his way. At Excel, as parents, we realized that the teachers cared for our son as much as we do. This not a school that wants you to "drop off your kid, look at a report card, and then hope they do well" They encourage a regular involment with your student and others to truly create a Christian environment.

Posted February 25, 2012
Strong Christian leadership with love and caring staff. My son has been going to Excel for over 4 years and Excel has proven to be exactly what they told us when we interviewed them to educate and care for my son. From the Principal to the staff, all of them work hard to make every student the best that they can be. I highly encourage anyone to check out Excel for their childs education and see that a true Christian school can and does exist in Sparks, NV.

Posted October 24, 2011
If you are looking for a school that teaches CHRISTIAN principles to all students, look elsewhere. You will not find it here. Instead you will find judgement. The administration lies to get your money. Jesus turned away no one, yet this school will turn you away at the drop of a hat. They are only prepared to deal with "good" children. If Jesus did that, how many disciples would there be?

Excel Christian School 0

Posted October 12, 2009
One of the best experiences in my son's life - shaped him into the person he is today.

Excel Christian School
850 Baring Blvd, Sparks, NV  89434
Last modified Excel Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Excel Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top