PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I strongly disagree that this school helps students develop honesty integrity and fairness in its students

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are trained and well-educated. They are passionate about what they do and know how to differentiate to best meet student needs.

Amount of homework: Agree

Research has proven that homework isn't that beneficial, but this school gives enough to reinforce learning.

The staff cares, the program is well-rounded, and the atmosphere is positive. My kids thrived there!

As a parent my son gets a superb, well rounded education that not only teaches him to read, write and solve mathematical problems with rigor and real world application but he grows as a young individual with a sense of purpose in his life. He gets a more individualized education because there is time for more one on one instruction. The teacher really has time to devote individualized time for my child educational and emotional needs. Will be attending a second year.

Pre K - 12 but older students well separated from little ones. Small class sizes (my child has 13 in her class, 5th grade). The bigger classes---which are still way below the norm in local public schools--have aides to assist. Dedicated music, PE and art instructors and (a rare find these days), a nurse on staff during school hours. Our children love Excel and do well academically. The administration is accessible as well as the rest of the staff. Scholarships are available. This school has grown a lot in the past few years, even having another school merge with them but the growth hasn't impacted the quality nor the sense of family. They have private donors working with them to better the school and have been very transparent about changes. Our family has had children in local public schools as well as Excel and there is no comparison.

Excel has changed our lives. We joined the Excel community in 2012 and It was the best decision my husband and I ever made! We not only have an amazing education for our children, but we have an extended family with Excel. My children are being challenged academically and spiritually fed through their experience at the school. All the values and beliefs we instill at home are being reinforced at Excel. The teachers and staff are loving and sincerely care about your kids! They are always available if you have questions or simply want to pop in!! You as a parent, are encouraged to get involved and I have always felt welcome! I never worry about my children, I know what they are learning, I know what their grades are, I am always informed as to their daily activities and what they are being taught. Never has my family been so blessed by a group of people and we are forever grateful to be an Excel Warrior Family! If you are a parent wondering what your next step should be... look no further. This is the school and 2nd home for your family that your heart is looking for!

This school is an awesome example of Christian love. My first grader comes home every day praising God, wanting to please Him, and being happy and secure in herself. The staff has gone above and beyond ro support me in times of need and students are encouraged to shine and make a difference in the community. They get so many opportunities that they would not have in other private or public schools. I love it!

Our child came home with good grades all year. That tells me my child is doing fine ached academically, right? Not even close. Grades are based on current aptitude, not actual grade level. That explanation was unacceptable. School leadership creates this type of environment and the teachers are hung out to dry. Our child no longer attends this school.

Academic expectations are very low. Christian atmosphere is also lacking. We had trouble with grades not being posted in a timely manner in my son's class. Teacher was kind and respectful, but unresponsive to our request..

Last modified Excel Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12