Posted March 15, 2015
As a parent my son gets a superb, well rounded education that not only teaches him to read, write and solve mathematical problems with rigor and real world application but he grows as a young individual with a sense of purpose in his life. He gets a more individualized education because there is time for more one on one instruction. The teacher really has time to devote individualized time for my child educational and emotional needs. Will be attending a second year.

Posted January 31, 2015
Pre K - 12 but older students well separated from little ones. Small class sizes (my child has 13 in her class, 5th grade). The bigger classes---which are still way below the norm in local public schools--have aides to assist. Dedicated music, PE and art instructors and (a rare find these days), a nurse on staff during school hours. Our children love Excel and do well academically. The administration is accessible as well as the rest of the staff. Scholarships are available. This school has grown a lot in the past few years, even having another school merge with them but the growth hasn't impacted the quality nor the sense of family. They have private donors working with them to better the school and have been very transparent about changes. Our family has had children in local public schools as well as Excel and there is no comparison.

Posted January 31, 2015
Excel has changed our lives. We joined the Excel community in 2012 and It was the best decision my husband and I ever made! We not only have an amazing education for our children, but we have an extended family with Excel. My children are being challenged academically and spiritually fed through their experience at the school. All the values and beliefs we instill at home are being reinforced at Excel. The teachers and staff are loving and sincerely care about your kids! They are always available if you have questions or simply want to pop in!! You as a parent, are encouraged to get involved and I have always felt welcome! I never worry about my children, I know what they are learning, I know what their grades are, I am always informed as to their daily activities and what they are being taught. Never has my family been so blessed by a group of people and we are forever grateful to be an Excel Warrior Family! If you are a parent wondering what your next step should be... look no further. This is the school and 2nd home for your family that your heart is looking for!

Posted October 20, 2014
Our child came home with good grades all year. That tells me my child is doing fine ached academically, right? Not even close. Grades are based on current aptitude, not actual grade level. That explanation was unacceptable. School leadership creates this type of environment and the teachers are hung out to dry. Our child no longer attends this school.

Posted June 23, 2014
Academic expectations are very low. Christian atmosphere is also lacking. We had trouble with grades not being posted in a timely manner in my son's class. Teacher was kind and respectful, but unresponsive to our request..

Posted June 04, 2014
This school has probably biggest enrollment fee in town. They say it is non-refundable but in some cases s they may give it back. We applied for this school and pay a fee. Same time we applied to other private school. Than something bad happened and I lost my job. First school refunded this money without any questions due to my consequences. But Excel Christian School was so greedy that they decided to keep this money as a gift. I wouldn't worry about that money ($400) if I would have a job. But in my situation it is pretty upsetting. Well, I guess someone will just pray and get over it?

Posted February 05, 2014
Unfortunately I live next door to this school. The noise level is off the chart. Every morning the children are allowed to run wild and scream as loudly as they want. I've never heard a teacher ask them to quiet down. Each afternoon the teachers announce the parents arrival via BULL HORN EXTREMELY LOUDLY. I am a parent, I do not hate children, that being said, you would assume a Christian school would demand that the children behave in a decent manner.

Posted August 30, 2013
This is my kids 2nd year at the new location, we love this school, it's a blessing to know that the word of God is present and the staff is wonderful, my kids love it here and thrive.

Posted October 04, 2012
This school is just fantastic. The teachers are so caring. The coaches are also. The vice principal Mr. Dahir is one of most wonderful people I have ever met in SO many ways. This school has been a blessing for my granddaughter. Public schools may be fine for many kids,but many will get lost in them. The teachers there can't possibly know all the kids that well. The best decision we ever made.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 25, 2012
An amazing school. We moved our son from another Christian school to Excel in his 6th grade. He is now a sophomore and is thriving. They have helped him grow spiritually, academically, emotionally & physically. Even though he has been challenged by the secular world, his foundation is strong & unshaken due to the teachers, administration and staff. He has grown into his role of leadership & continues to advance everyday. Being the parent of a child that would say "I'm not going to college, I'll just work for dad", to having him come home one day & say "Mom, dad, I've found some colleges we need to check out!" Through health challenges, learning issues, etc., we have found a caring & nurturing environment that is willing to work with our child through anything that comes his way. At Excel, as parents, we realized that the teachers cared for our son as much as we do. This not a school that wants you to "drop off your kid, look at a report card, and then hope they do well" They encourage a regular involment with your student and others to truly create a Christian environment.
2 people found this helpful

Excel Christian School
850 Baring Blvd, Sparks, NV  89434
Last modified Excel Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Excel Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top