Posted January 13, 2013
Wonderful school! We are so happy with our child's success. We are very impressed with the teachers, staff and parents, as they encourage the kids to work hard and succeed.

Posted July 02, 2012
Verdi is on the cutting edge of new technology and improving student learning through teacher professional development classes and professional learning communities. The staff encourages students and challenges them to ensure that students do their very best by working hard to achieve the goals for each grade. In regards to telling students they are smart (prior parent rating)I believe the message was to tell students they succeed when they try their best and we are proud of them when they do this. Our motto, "Hard work equals success" is recited daily. The parents supporting this at home and at school understand this concept and their children are very successful.

Verdi Elementary School 2

Posted April 05, 2012
TThe office staff (namely the secretary and clinic staff) are amazing..however that is about as far as my approval goes in regards to this school. My son was a straight A student until we enrolled in this school, the principal believes that you should never tell your child they are smart and there is no demographic diversity here. My jaw dropped when the principal told me it is bad to tell my son that he is smart for fear of him never wanting to try new things because if they think they are smart and fail at a task..they might feel stupid. RIDICULOUS!!! I tell my son he is smart everyday and will continue to do so, I want my children to know that its OK to fail..failure is a part of life..they know if at first you don't succeed to try again. I tell them they are smart because confidence will lead to trying new things!! Correlating success with intelligence and stupidity with failure is dangerous ground to tread on with children. Overall I would not recommend this school

Posted September 02, 2009
Very Happy with the Caring teachers, staff and parents! My children are so happy! They are doing better than they ever did in their other (private) school.

Posted August 21, 2008

Posted January 27, 2004
This school has excellent teachers that are truly dedicated to their job. My son was having academic difficulties and his teacher worked with him within his abilities. He was also tested and a education plan quickly put together and implemented. The quality of education is wonderful and the kids enjoy the learning. Can't say enough good things about the school.

Verdi Elementary School
250 Bridge St, Verdi, NV  89439
Last modified Verdi Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Verdi Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top