Bad
Good

I have had 4 kids in Verdi Elementary. It is such an awesome school! The staff is amazing, the views are incredible, the library is adorable, the kids are all friendly, the education they recieved was top notch! I could go on:). Love this school and so do my kids.

Wonderful school! We are so happy with our child's success. We are very impressed with the teachers, staff and parents, as they encourage the kids to work hard and succeed.

Verdi is on the cutting edge of new technology and improving student learning through teacher professional development classes and professional learning communities. The staff encourages students and challenges them to ensure that students do their very best by working hard to achieve the goals for each grade. In regards to telling students they are smart (prior parent rating)I believe the message was to tell students they succeed when they try their best and we are proud of them when they do this. Our motto, "Hard work equals success" is recited daily. The parents supporting this at home and at school understand this concept and their children are very successful.

TThe office staff (namely the secretary and clinic staff) are amazing..however that is about as far as my approval goes in regards to this school. My son was a straight A student until we enrolled in this school, the principal believes that you should never tell your child they are smart and there is no demographic diversity here. My jaw dropped when the principal told me it is bad to tell my son that he is smart for fear of him never wanting to try new things because if they think they are smart and fail at a task..they might feel stupid. RIDICULOUS!!! I tell my son he is smart everyday and will continue to do so, I want my children to know that its OK to fail..failure is a part of life..they know if at first you don't succeed to try again. I tell them they are smart because confidence will lead to trying new things!! Correlating success with intelligence and stupidity with failure is dangerous ground to tread on with children. Overall I would not recommend this school

Very Happy with the Caring teachers, staff and parents! My children are so happy! They are doing better than they ever did in their other (private) school.

Last modified Verdi Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.