Winnemucca, NV

Posted February 03, 2015
My child is a senior in high school, but I observed this elementary school in 2013 when they adopted a new reading program. I spent one entire day in a training session for that program, and had an opportunity to observe and communicate with several of the teachers and the principal. I found the environment to be wonderful and the personnel were friendly and totally committed to their goal of educating their kids. The school itself was adorned with statues of great Americans and (unfortunately, unlike much happening in education today) taught the great events that formed the history of America, and inculcated pride in being an American. If I had school age children and lived in Reno or Las Vegas, I would do all in my power to relocate to Winnemucca where I could enroll my kids in this school

Posted April 27, 2011
I am concerned about the only review this school has. As I look at the review, it is right at the time the principal at that time had lost her husband to a tragic mining accident and she and the entire staff were in mourning. The staff of this school are kind and caring professionals and in 2009 were awarded the prestigious Blue Ribbon Schools Award by the US Department of Education. There were only three schools in the state of Nevada who received this award in 2009 and it had been several years since any schools in Nevada had received this award before 2009. It is an awesome school!

Posted November 21, 2009

Winnemucca Grammar School 1

Posted September 27, 2007
The principal and staff are not very friendly and do not smile. They are also not very good at communication with parents.

Winnemucca Grammar School
522 Lay St, Winnemucca, NV  89445
Last modified Winnemucca Grammar School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winnemucca Grammar School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top