Allenstown, NH

Armand R. Dupont School 1

Posted June 06, 2014
I attended ARD in the mid to late 90's and had a fairly miserable experience. I can recount a number of times when I was humiliated, demeaned, or punished along with other students despite being a mostly "A" student and striving to be well behaved (I hated getting into trouble). Despite my best efforts, I was frequently made to feel ashamed. Many of the staff that made me feel this way are still working there, so despite the passage of time, I feel it's worth mentioning it now. My dislike for ARD continued into high school, because I discovered at Pembroke Academy just how far ahead Pembroke, Epsom, and Chichester students were in their academics compared to me (again, I was an "A" student in Allenstown) so that lead to more feelings of "not being good enough" and it hurt my motivation. If you have the option of sending your child somewhere besides Allenstown, I highly recommend taking that route. I am still bothered as an adult by things I experienced at ARD.

Armand R. Dupont School 2

Posted April 28, 2010

Posted December 01, 2009

Posted May 31, 2008

Armand R. Dupont School 2

Posted March 03, 2007
- a former student
Last year I attended ARD, and I feel the students were not given as much opporotunity as other middle schools in surrounding areas have revceived. Our music program was a small optional chorus which met in the midst of classes which members were excused from, and responsible for making up missed work. Our foreign language program was manditory, as opposed to being chosen over another english course. Our PE was part of a 22 day long rotation along with art, computer, french, and study, so our students would only get 22 days of exercise. Other problems, such as the mobile classrooms have been said in previous reviews, but nonetheless I still feel I should re-state their existence. The staff, to me, are just fine, but the curriculm in my opinion is flawed.

Posted February 20, 2006
ARD is an incredible school. We many not be the richest or have the fanciest hall ways but we have something that most school's these days do not. We have the spirt and guidance to help us want to succeed. We have the ability to reach for our dreams without getting discouraged on the way. Most importantly we have a community of people who each and every day work together to make every day worth while. Any person would be lucky to go to ARD.

Posted April 07, 2005
Im a seventh grader that goes to Armand R. Dupont Middle School. I realize our school isnt the greatest. But it is good enough to give us the education we deserve. Not all the teachers are the nicest but I think a lot of us enjoy waking up every day to go to school and hang out with our friends and come to school to learn something new. Our school is not as bad as everyone thinks. We dont need fancy bathrooms or halls to get an education. We have all we need to get an education. And if we dont then we work as hard as we can to get it. Armand R. Dupont is a great School.

Posted March 30, 2005

Posted March 29, 2005

Armand R. Dupont School 4

Posted March 17, 2005

Armand R. Dupont School
10 1/2 School St, Allenstown, NH  03275
Last modified Armand R. Dupont School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Armand R. Dupont School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top