Bad
Good

I attended ARD in the mid to late 90's and had a fairly miserable experience. I can recount a number of times when I was humiliated, demeaned, or punished along with other students despite being a mostly "A" student and striving to be well behaved (I hated getting into trouble). Despite my best efforts, I was frequently made to feel ashamed. Many of the staff that made me feel this way are still working there, so despite the passage of time, I feel it's worth mentioning it now. My dislike for ARD continued into high school, because I discovered at Pembroke Academy just how far ahead Pembroke, Epsom, and Chichester students were in their academics compared to me (again, I was an "A" student in Allenstown) so that lead to more feelings of "not being good enough" and it hurt my motivation. If you have the option of sending your child somewhere besides Allenstown, I highly recommend taking that route. I am still bothered as an adult by things I experienced at ARD.

Last year I attended ARD, and I feel the students were not given as much opporotunity as other middle schools in surrounding areas have revceived. Our music program was a small optional chorus which met in the midst of classes which members were excused from, and responsible for making up missed work. Our foreign language program was manditory, as opposed to being chosen over another english course. Our PE was part of a 22 day long rotation along with art, computer, french, and study, so our students would only get 22 days of exercise. Other problems, such as the mobile classrooms have been said in previous reviews, but nonetheless I still feel I should re-state their existence. The staff, to me, are just fine, but the curriculm in my opinion is flawed.

Last modified Armand R. Dupont School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.