Bad
Good

Posted January 20, 2016
This has been a great school for my Grandson. From the top Mrs. Bartlett who is always there to help in any way. Mrs Young the school nurse takes care of the needs of the children in a loving kind way. She has been so good to my Grandson. His teachers during his 3 years there are great. Mrs. Lambert, Mrs. Spears and now Mr Jones.. They are understanding and good at reaching out to the children as individuals. From the office staff, who keep us informed ,to Mrs Sanborn for guidance, the food service personal, who make healthy choices for the children to the people who keep the school cleaning and maintained. I thank you.

Posted December 10, 2014
I love, love, love Ashland elementary school! The teachers are so caring. My daughter's teacher (2nd grade) actually took the time to stop by my house to talk to my daughter when I reported that she had a hard time in a subject and it made her upset. They are up to date on the latest research as to how kids learn and do a wonderful job at it. I am so glad they are not following the "old way" of teaching. My daughter is learning everything (and more) she needs to know to be ready for middle and high school. It's a wonderful place to learn and grow.

Ashland Elementary School 1

Posted December 09, 2014
This school used to be wonderful. It used to have a caring community and families were happy to send their children there. Now, the leadership tries hard to push their Mass Customized Learning onto our children leaving them behind at the high school. The administration is unfriendly. The school is run poorly. It's a very sad change in a short amount of time. I, too, would give it less than one star if I could.

Ashland Elementary School 1

Posted January 10, 2014
If I could give it less than one star I would. Just two years ago this was an amazing school but then our beloved principal retired and they hired a new one who has ruined it. There is no communication at all even when they give your children detentions yes even in kindergarten. They have to switch classes like high school but worse if they feel they are not with everyone in their reading class they will put them in a different one again no notice to the parents. The only way you find anything out is through you child. If you bring your concerns to the super intendent you are called a liar. It is the worse place imaginable. And the poor kids are so confused and afriad I actually had a teacher swear at my child and when i brought it up to the new principal i was told she had said she was sorry. Run as far away from this instatution as you can and don't put your child through this. I know this sounds crazy but I am doing this to warn you. Lifetime residents are selling their houses and moving because there is nothing we can do. The principal and super intendant are good friends.

Posted August 13, 2008
Ashland is a great school. I have two boys who attended Ashland School for three years before entering high school. They have attended numerous other school systems in Georgia, Massachusetts and New Hampsire. I have high praise for the school for being New Hampshire's 2007 School of the Year. That was a major mile stone to accomplish. All of the school staff is wonderful.

Ashland Elementary School 4

Posted May 10, 2004
We have 3 girls in Ashland. They are in Kindergarden, 5th and 6th grade. The teachers, support staff, administation, etc are all wonderful. So far all the teachers have been willing to go that extra mile to make sure our daughters are getting the help they need to keep them on track. The school is truly wonderful. I have never seen a cleaner school as well.

Ashland Elementary School 3

Posted April 06, 2004
The staff is nice but unfortunately there seems to be difficulty teaching students to read at an early age. This carries forward with a child for many years and is difficult to overcome. When half the class is unable to read at grade level you know something is not right. In addition there seems to be a need for additional training for teachers in dealing with children's disabilities and following IEP's! Not all teachers are created equal! Some handle difficult situations better than others, however teachers are our children's role models whether they know it or not. Lets provide the best role model possible and that may mean better training. A raised voice in anger doesn't give a child the right message.

Posted March 11, 2004
Ashland school is a great school and the teachers and principle are awesome also.The teachers in Ashland actually care about the students and the students aren`t just treated as just another student they are treated like individuals. I wouldn`t want my daughter going to any other school.

Posted August 22, 2003
I think this is a great school! My daughter has been in several different schools and this is the only one that she has felt comfortable in from day one. The teachers are awesome, so are the staff.

Ashland Elementary School
16 Education Dr, Ashland, NH  03217
Last modified Ashland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ashland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top