Bad
Good

This has been a great school for my Grandson. From the top Mrs. Bartlett who is always there to help in any way. Mrs Young the school nurse takes care of the needs of the children in a loving kind way. She has been so good to my Grandson. His teachers during his 3 years there are great. Mrs. Lambert, Mrs. Spears and now Mr Jones.. They are understanding and good at reaching out to the children as individuals. From the office staff, who keep us informed ,to Mrs Sanborn for guidance, the food service personal, who make healthy choices for the children to the people who keep the school cleaning and maintained. I thank you.

I love, love, love Ashland elementary school! The teachers are so caring. My daughter's teacher (2nd grade) actually took the time to stop by my house to talk to my daughter when I reported that she had a hard time in a subject and it made her upset. They are up to date on the latest research as to how kids learn and do a wonderful job at it. I am so glad they are not following the "old way" of teaching. My daughter is learning everything (and more) she needs to know to be ready for middle and high school. It's a wonderful place to learn and grow.

This school used to be wonderful. It used to have a caring community and families were happy to send their children there. Now, the leadership tries hard to push their Mass Customized Learning onto our children leaving them behind at the high school. The administration is unfriendly. The school is run poorly. It's a very sad change in a short amount of time. I, too, would give it less than one star if I could.

If I could give it less than one star I would. Just two years ago this was an amazing school but then our beloved principal retired and they hired a new one who has ruined it. There is no communication at all even when they give your children detentions yes even in kindergarten. They have to switch classes like high school but worse if they feel they are not with everyone in their reading class they will put them in a different one again no notice to the parents. The only way you find anything out is through you child. If you bring your concerns to the super intendent you are called a liar. It is the worse place imaginable. And the poor kids are so confused and afriad I actually had a teacher swear at my child and when i brought it up to the new principal i was told she had said she was sorry. Run as far away from this instatution as you can and don't put your child through this. I know this sounds crazy but I am doing this to warn you. Lifetime residents are selling their houses and moving because there is nothing we can do. The principal and super intendant are good friends.

Ashland is a great school. I have two boys who attended Ashland School for three years before entering high school. They have attended numerous other school systems in Georgia, Massachusetts and New Hampsire. I have high praise for the school for being New Hampshire's 2007 School of the Year. That was a major mile stone to accomplish. All of the school staff is wonderful.

Last modified Ashland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.