Bad
Good

I am an eighth grader at Auburn Village School and I honestly love this school. I mean it can be a little old fashioned but the curriculum is outstanding and it challenges us students in a way thats going to prepare us for high school. I have been at AVS for almost three years and my first impression of the school was that it was very family like and made me feel at home. I have many good friends. The idea that there is little population at the school, I believe, is a good thing. I mean imagine a school where some of the teachers don't even know your name. Thats why I like being a student at AVS. Also the portables, trailers, are not "falling apart" I'm a student there I think I would know. As for the teachers I love them all. I have had all of the teachers from 6th to 8th grade and none of them are rude and they all are more than happy to help out kids that need a little extra help. However, the food is not such a treat. I mean no offense but the food could be better. All in all, I think Auburn Village School is amazingly well put together and a great place for any student to attend.

We chose Auburn because of AVS 16 years ago based on a recommendation from my mother who was a high school teacher at the time. She felt the students who came from AVS were very well prepared for the demands of HS. We have 2 children in the 7th and 4th grade. My oldest was coded in first grade with Dyslexia and through early intervention and a lot of hard work from AVS and our child I am proud that we are the parents of a very self reliant honors student. Our youngest who was extremely shy entering first grade has benefited immensly from the looping program. The principal is very involved and approachable, both by students and parents. The teachers are wonderful, they are passionate about the success of the students and quick to respond to any comments or concerns we have. The teachers challenge the students academically and motivate them to rise to the challenges. Our expectations of AVS were high and we have not been disappointed.

The building is falling apart. One of my children is classroom is in a moldy trailer. My oldest has teachers that are rude and care little for the average student they offer little help beyond the school day.

Amazing teachers, challenging curriculm, involved students

This school has an old fashion feel with a modern curriculum.

Great middle school curriculum and schedule. The best!!!

Last modified Auburn Village School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.