Bad
Good

My children have had a wonderful experience at BES. The school has strong art and music programs, a gifted program, and many after-school enrichment options. The focus of the school is not to raise test scores but to develop the whole child--there is a lot of emphasis on community, kindness, movement, and creativity. Academics are strong, with children getting what they need no matter their level of ability. I love this school!

Barrington Elementary School serves some children well, especially if you are a parent who can volunteer during school hours. However, if your child has any learning differences which need attention or differentiated instruction, his/her needs will go unmet. This district continues to be a District In Need of Improvement and 35% of this year's second graders are not reading at grade level (posted on their own website).

I have read the reviews for Barrington and feel that much has changed with this school in the past few years. I think the new principal has proven to be a focused and compassionate leader. The staff seems professional and focused. My daughter has not had a bad teacher yet: she is in third grade. She is scoring high on the standardized tests, which tells me that she is getting a good eduction. The school has a great enrichment program, excellent REACH program and generally more extra-curricular programs than any one student can do. Cudos to the principal and her staff for leading our school and its students to succcess.

BES is a wonderful school. My children LOVE it there and are actually eager to attend. What more could I ask for. THANKS BES!!!!!

The moment you walk in BES you feel a sense of community. Everyone is warm and friendly. If you need anything, the friendly office folks are there to help you. My children had a great experience at the elementary school. I think the academics are challenging and the staff is knowledgeable. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful school!!

I love Barrington Elementary! The teachers and administration are friendly and student-centered. I have had two children attend the school and both loved everything about it. Every morning when I walked into the school, I was greeted with a friendly 'Good morning,' by the Guidance Counselors and the Assistant Principal. I did see some parents get 'testy' with them when they were politely asked to get a pass to walk down to the classrooms. Why get mad at them for keeping the school safe? Some people amaze me! The counselors and administration always smiled back at the rude parents and explained that they were following protocol and keeping the school as safe as possible. This is an extremely safe school because of the safeguards that are put in place.....and enforced. Good job Barrington Elementary! We are fortunate to have such a wonderful and caring, and academically challenging place for our children

I helped with the after school care program. There is a caring staff and energetic students, but sometimes there is a lack of professionalism in the extra activities.

I think starting the dare program very young is a great thing as they go from a tiny school to a huge high my son started the DARE program in 3rd grade and I helped sargeanrt Banion so I feel the younge the better he now manages one company works for another and just got an award from the attorney general of the united states kids are given choices alot younger education will hopefully help them make the right ones.

Last modified Barrington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.