Barrington Middle School 2

Posted June 27, 2013
I have had a child in this school for 6 consecutive years and there has been major restructuring changes every year as the school attempts to try to improve their standardized test scores and remove themselves from being a school/district in need of improvement. Curriculum is notably weak and teachers employ strategies such as "busy work" as a means for behavioral control. The principal has attempted to address weak teachers, however he is leaving and there will be a new principal next year. The assistant principal does not present professionally. The communication between parent and teacher varies widely depending upon the teacher, and teacher/parent conferences in the fall yield no real information about your child's learning.

Barrington Middle School 2

Posted June 21, 2013
My son is in 5th grade. The math and reading teacher are scattered and disorganized. It felt like I had to do their job for them. I would send emails and constantly did no reply or help with what I requested. The other teachers helped and were very organized. The main problem with this school is the Principal and Vice Principal!!!!! They are never there if you call, I have left many messages and they NEVER returned any of the messages. They don't want to deal with any issues. The vice principal acts like a goofy adult to try to relate to the children that spills over to the way she talks to the parents. She needs to cut out the "comedy act" and act like a respectable adult.

Barrington Middle School 1

Posted September 15, 2009

Barrington Middle School 3

Posted June 11, 2009

Posted October 28, 2008

Barrington Middle School 4

Posted March 09, 2008
Barrington's multiage configuration for grades 6, 7, and 8 works to teachers' and students' mutual benefit, as the relationship developed over three years allows more individualization of instruction and greater rapport.

Barrington Middle School 4

Posted October 18, 2006
Although I fought the multi grade system with my first son, once settled in with the Greenhill team, he excelled. It has its faults, sometimes old material bored him, but sometimes he had a better grasp the second time around, and was very comfortable with the teachers by 8th grade. The team especially inspired creativity in my sons, allowing individuality. These teachers are warm and savvy with kids at this difficult age. Ladder math requirements in the Barrington system confused my kids and set them up for failure.

Posted October 18, 2006
- a former student
All the teachers I had were great. They were always wiling to help me with any problems I had. Band was a bad experience but chorus and drama was lots of fun. Art was fun but the class was repetitive and sports were loads of fun and they have a great variety. I loved my coaches but the weren't all great. Middle school was so much fun for me.

Posted September 23, 2006
I have two children who have recently completed 8th Grade at BMS. We loved the mixed classes (6, 7 & 8th) and both our kids had a fantastic experience at BMS. We found the teachers accessible and encouraging. The music program has one of the most dedicated professionals I have had the pleasure of knowing. We recently moved from Barrington but would recommend the School System k-8th to anyone interested in a school system that encourages parental involvement, provides a challenging academic experience and great sports/musical and artistic opportunities. I understand Mr. Warburton (BMS Principal) has moved on and I don't know the new Principal.

Barrington Middle School 1

Posted April 14, 2005
My son has always had problems in school. However I do not feel that the IEP is working and I do not find any other ways to make it so that it will work. I also find that there is alot of confusion with the teams and there is a lack of communication with the parent. I give the school a rating of a d-f.

Barrington Middle School
51 Haley Dr, Barrington, NH  03825
Last modified Barrington Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barrington Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top