Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are amazing and super nice!! I overall love those people! They are amazing in their own little way,

Develops character: Agree

I agree because everyone is ice and fair and when there are bullies they take care of them and it it just overall an amazing school!!!

The teachers and principal were amazing and so kind to me and the rest of the students. I'm in 7th grade and from my P.O.V it was amazing!!

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I would say most teachers are effective. My kids had a couple that were okay, but I wish they expected more.

My children went through that school and had a great experience. The students, staff and administration work together to ensure the climate and culture is conducive to a great education. I know they went through a few administrators a few years back, but since the AP of BES went over to BMS, things have moved in the right direction.

I think BMS is student centered and full of energy. My son is always telling me about the different activities and projects going on in the school. Being respectful and responsible is part of the culture there. Of course there are always kids that get out of hand, but as far as I can see, it is always taken care of. My son loves the school and has never come home feeling like his needs are being met. The Teachers and Administration are always pleasant and willing to help out. I've been in other schools.....people are close minded and stiff and are NOT friendly. BMS is the complete opposite. I heard the AP is leaving. What an absolute loss to that school. I hope they can keep up with the positive energy without her.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I see RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY AND SAFETY written all over the place in that school. The assistant principal has students give a kindness challenge and a positive quote every morning before the school day starts. The way she promotes kindness is truly inspiriting.

I LOVE Barrington Middle School. From the moment you walk into the office, you see friendly faces and people willing to go out of their way to help you. The teachers are great and I love the administration. The AP obviously loves children and since she got there, the middle school has been a positive place. Her energy and positivity is rarely seen in other places. The principal is a "Cool" guy and the kids love him. Great job BMS!

I am new to this area and have been very please thus far with Barrington Middle School. When I enrolled my daughter, I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly everyone was. My daughter was initially petrified to start at BMS, but quickly adjusted. Ms. Rothery went out of her way to make my child feel welcomed. I know middle school can be an extremely difficult age, so middle schools usually get a bad rap just because of that. As far as middle schools go, this one gets two thumbs up from me.

I have had children go through this school and have seen a few changes. That being said, the changes seem to be moving the school in the right direction. The staff in the office, both secretaries and administration, are probably the friendliest and most accommodating I've ever seen. They are always willing to help, with a smile on their face. The assistant principal is always smiling and upbeat and the new principal seems to be a good man. They are all "real" people. I have always had a good relationship with staff. I can't imagine that someone wouldn't think this is a great school.

Last modified Barrington Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.