Bad
Good

Just a follow up and a fair warning... The town of Bedford is RICH!!! There is a large gap in bedford between Upper and middle class families. Now, this coming from an 8th grader that knows a lot. You won't get bullied over how much money you have, but, you'll hear A LOT of things that most can't afford. (Lambo's, Bugatti's, Tesla's, etc) The best teacher I think would have to be Mr. Demers. THE BEST. He is actually funny and knows our generation and makes fun of it well. And throws Nerf Footballs at everyone (No one has gotten hurt! lol)

im not sure if i should go to this school because i hate bullies and want to stay at hillside middle school but im moving soo can somebody tell me if ral is better than hillside:(i dont want to get bullied.......please

After a great experience at McKelvie Intermediate School, we have been sorely disappointed with Lurgio Middle School. Our daughter has liked a couple of her teachers, but overall we have seen very little evidence of either her mind or personality being challenged at this school. Pretty much the only time we receive any communication from teachers is when the next check is due for the latest class project or field trip and nearly every day our daughter comes home to report having had another substitute teacher or watched another movie. The couple of times we have sought help from the administration, they have either been completely dismissive or completely unresponsive. Perhaps they are too busy enforcing or further revising the dress code. I will be very happy when my daughter moves on from this school.

I currently go to Ross A. Lurgio Middles School and I love it here! The teachers are very nice and do anything they can to help you out if your struggling.The classes are enjoyable and teachers do their best to make them interesting.My principle and vice principle are very nice too.They are fun to be around and will check in on us from time to time to see how we are doing. In the past their have been a couple bullying issues I have heard about but it is taken very seriously and today and I don't know anyone who has had trouble here.The guidence teachers are also very nice and can help you out if you need it.There are a lot of clubs and sports here as well from anything to cheerleading to football or plays and band. My favorite class is I.A (Intagrated Arts) where you have classes that switch off every month or so. The classes are Art, Health,Tech ed, F.A.C.S (family and consumer science), and music.The classes can be challenging but are not to hard. There are advanced writing and Math classes, but not everyone takes them. I have plenty of friends who are just taking regular math or language arts. Overall I think RAL is an excellent school and reccomend it to everyone. :D

They do an okay job with middle schoolers at RAL. There are some wonderful teachers, and a handful who are shuffled around every year to offset parent complaints. Placement into pods is the real issue in this school: there seems to be no real consideration for students outside of the high math kids and those with special needs. Communication is an issue - it is often last minute and could absolutely improve. For a school that touts 'We know middle schoolers,' I have not been impressed.

A great school. Children are challenged academically and there are opportunities for higher achievers. Bullying is an issue that is taken seriously and constantly addressed in this school and school district

School is fine since i went there. good place to go and lots of great oppurtunities!

My little sister had a huge problem with bullies in this school which was definitely an issue. It was so hard being in the High school and hearing about the horrible things that these kids did to her and not being able to help what so ever. I know middle school is always full of bullies, but honestly, an effort needs to be made to stop this instead of the staff over-looking it.

My son really struggled and his teachers all went above and beyond anything that they would be required to do to try and help him. From coming in early, staying late. I could go on and on for a month and never tell you everything. Top Notch we moved here for the school system and it was the best move we ever made.

Last modified Ross A. Lurgio Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.