Memorial School 2

Posted June 06, 2013
This is a one size fits all school. The bar is set very low, especially for spelling and reading. All kids get the same spelling words for an entire grade level, they are set for the very low students who are below level. Discipline is good and parents are involved but I agree a lot of the challenging has to be done at school. I am very disappointed.

Posted July 22, 2012
I have a child that just got through Kindergarten and the school has been simply amazing. Extra support for those that needed it small groups. A class of only 15 with a full time para so basically 7 to 1. My son is now reading 100+ sight words, knows an extensive math program and I am confident he is ready for all 1st grade holds. Way to go Memorial.

Memorial School 2

Posted March 24, 2010
Memorial school is in a nice area. However, it has a very low reading program in first grade with no modifications unless your child is really gifted and talented 3+ reading level. The PTA is only for stay at home moms. They meet during the week in the morning. They really don't want the majority of the parents to be involved in the schools. It is still better than schools in Manchester, but for the area they could do much much better.

Memorial School 0

Posted February 27, 2010
I agree that something is not right. We had our kids in a Private school then decided to put them in Bedford. We were there a few years. My son was in the highest level in math in Bedford, but when we switched him back to the Private school, he was average to below average. I wouldn't rely upon the scores or the grades your child gets in Bedford. I think the bar is set far lower in the Bedford schools.. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't have spent those two years in Bedford and I would have just kept him in the Private school. Having been in both schools, we can definitely see the flaws having been in both schools. Have your kids tested outside the school.

Memorial School 1

Posted February 25, 2010
Bedford shows high scores in the elementary and middle school however the NECAP is a dumbed down test. I had my kids tested outside Bedford and was shocked to find them not doing as well as I thought. We've also had to do outside tutoring. When you look at the high school NECAP scores, half of the students are not proficient in math and science. Again a huge disappointment. On the up side, the teachers are wonderful and I don't blame them for what is going on in this district. Parents are very involved, but I think they need to become more vocal in the lack of quality academics.

Posted February 09, 2010

Posted July 01, 2009
I have a set of twins that have gone to BEEP, Bedford Early Education Preschool, for two years. The preschool program and the coordinator are fantastic. Ms. Nancy is wonderful!

Memorial School 3

Posted May 27, 2008
Basics are very good. Gifted program is adequate. Extras and 'management' are lacking and overtaxed. Hot lunches, while improved, are still poor. All staff complains of not enough time for their programs (40 min per session). Responsive classroom program is great - all teachers should be required to implement it.

Posted April 06, 2008
Memorial was named the top NH elementary school in the past decade. Test scores at this school are among the highest in the state. Great teachers and over crowding problem has been taken care of with the addition of 2 new school buildings opened in Fall, 2007. Memorial is now a K-4 school.

Posted January 11, 2008

Memorial School
55 Old Bedford Rd, Bedford, NH  03110
Last modified Memorial School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Memorial School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top