Bedford, NH

Posted June 13, 2013
We moved to Bedford and Peter Woodbury mid-year and I cannot say enough about the school. My youngest is on the spectrum, and he has received so much support. His team of teachers and therapists is just wonderful.They use a social thinking curriculum my Michele Garcia-Winner that is terrific for kids on the spectrum (and those not on the spectrum as well.). The administration is top-notch and I am so pleased that Cheryl Daley (the current AP) with be succeeding Mr. William's as principal after his retirement. She is very approachable and will keep the school running as smoothly as Mr. Williams has. The PTG is very active and helps run a variety of fun programs for the kids.

Posted April 11, 2013
This is truly an excellent school. I have a chid who is very bright as well as one who needs support and the school meets both of their needs. Unfortunately there is no enrichment program in Bedford for first grade which I wish would be changed. The staff and the parents at PWS have created an extremely positive environment and we couldn't be happier.

Peter Woodbury School 0

Posted October 20, 2009
My daughter entered first grade this year, and as a ADHD child started off with some difficulty but the teachers, TAs, behaviorial therapist and guidance counselor were all fantastic and keep in touch with me regarding my daughter. My daughter has been there 8 weeks now and is absolutley thriving and her learning capability has increased. We moved to bedford in August because we saw that 3 out of the 10 top schools in NH are bedford schools so bedford must be doing something right! So far, it has been a great experience. I am a volunteer at the school and the parent volunteer ratio is high and I beleive it makes for a much better environment for our children and keeps parents in touch with their children rather than disconnected from their children and their schools. Bedford is the place to be.

Peter Woodbury School 1

Posted May 20, 2009
Everything appears to look good at Bedford. Nice people and wonderful teachers. The problem is, when we transferred out children to a private school, they were behind other children. Your child may be at the top in Bedford but they would not be at the top in a private school. Most do not know this unless they make a change like we did. The state tests are a joke.

Posted May 18, 2009
This is truly a great school and it starts and ends with the principal and his dedicated staff of professionals. I am very fortunate that my son is attending this school. I would enroll him in a private school in a minute if I thought it would be better. The communications and involvement that they welcome of the parents is wonderful. The national and state achievement scores prove the point. A true 10 out of 10 rating

Peter Woodbury School 4

Posted January 27, 2009

Peter Woodbury School 0

Posted January 26, 2009
I gave this math a chance and I have to say, it's a huge disappointment. My kids are frustrated and I'm now turning to outside tutoring on top of paying taxes to our school. The teachers are great but they have no choice but to use this program. Now my oldest child is in middle school using another math program called Connected Math. Again, huge disappointment. I just read this critique from an e-mail I received from a Bedford parent. It seems that Bedford is using math programs that are geared towards the lowest performing students. http://www.claytonmathmatters.com/connectedMath.html If you come to a Bedford school , be prepared to hire a math tutor for you child!

Peter Woodbury School 4

Posted October 01, 2008

Posted September 22, 2008
This is a model public school. The staff and administration are dedicated to the students and their families. It starts at the top and is seen in everyone that works at the school. I take great pride in being able to send my son to this wonderful school. It is as good and in my opinion better than most private schools. It is why I live in Bedford, NH.

Posted April 25, 2008
In a previous review, a parent warned against the Everyday Math Program. Just because the town of Seabrook is at the bottom of the math assessment, does not mean that Bedford students are at the bottom. A 'math program' is not the only thing that makes a superior math program. The quality of the staff, administration, parent involement and instruction is what is the driving force behind a successful program. The previous reviewer should educate themselves regarding the testing scores of Bedford students. Students in Bedford are some of the highest scores in the state with vast improvement noted since the adoption of the Every Day Math Program. As far as PWS, it is a top notch school. It may not look brand new, but it is a safe, caring and welcoming enviorment. The staff is top notch and the administration is fabulous. I am lucky my kids attend.

Peter Woodbury School
180 County Rd, Bedford, NH  03110
Last modified Peter Woodbury School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peter Woodbury School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top