Bethlehem, NH
After care: No

Posted October 14, 2014
The small size allows students and faculty to interact closely, including taking bi- annual Field Courses which allow students the opportunity to explore areas of interest off campus and in depth. The student body is diverse, with outdoors enthusiasts mixed with talented artists. The school has outstanding leadership, which is pushing the school to the next level of performance.

Posted October 12, 2014
This school offers a dynamic and energetic teaching staff, inviting learning spaces, and a diverse student population. There is actually an excellent mix of individuals, from many countries and states. It seems to honor economic diversity as well. Much of the learning is experiential, and students are challenged to think independently. Students are encouraged to discuss topics at length, and to delve into their learning. The school also hosts a rich array of extra-curricular offerings, especially for a school of its size. Good work, White Mountain...!

White Mountain School 2

Posted September 29, 2014
too many foreign students from the same place. The school just wants foreign students so they get more money. All the foreign students group together and speak the same language and are never interested in having an outsider as a friend. I was a freshman and i was one of two non-foreign boarding freshman. I was very lonely. I feel like this could have been easily avoided if the school accepted a more diverse rang of foreign students or accepted more non-foreign boarding students. nobody was sympathetic about this problem (or pretended not to notice) except one teacher who was new and understood what i was going through. the meals where usually nothing to wright home about. the teachers where nice and understanding. the farming program was great. but i did feel like i got into too much trouble. as a freshmen i didnt really know the rules too well. so on my first day i wore sweatpants to my classes. nobody said anything, then i got an email saying i had to do extra chores for dress code violation. If somebody had told me i was in violation i would have gone and changed.other thing like this happened and i was upset that not one of my teachers would tell me i was doing something wrong

Posted April 25, 2014
During my years at The White Mountain School I was able to grow as a person through the different opportunities they offered. The support system I was able to get at WMS is unlike any other I have experienced. My professors pushed every one of their students to become the best student they can be, and believed in their potential. My peers encouraged me to try new things and to step out of my comfort zone. The White Mountain School seeks to produce conscientious people who value and respect the sense of community. Without realizing it WMS has given me the skills to succeed in anything I decide to pursue in life, and has helped shape me into a person that I am proud of. The White Mountain School helps students through the academic challenging courses they offer which concentrates a lot on hands-on-work in order to teach the students how to further their learning by knowing how to apply it directly to the world around them.

Posted March 27, 2008
Excellent school. We sent three sons to the WMS and now have two grandchildren attending. Our 16 year old grandson has been accepted to Cornell with an early admission this September.

White Mountain School 4

Posted December 17, 2007
Great school, with a highly dedicated faculty. Perfect for the student looking for college prep, combined with a love for the outdoors. Skkiing, snowboarding, rock climbing, nature trails...education in the classroom and in nature as well!

White Mountain School