Bad
Good

As a senior at this school, I can say that it does have teacher who care very much about the student they teach. I suffer from both autism and depression and tend to miss some class do to this. The teachers are very understanding of problems such as these and allow me to make up the work I missed without any penalties. Today we have many different activities a student could join such as , track , cross country, football , soccer,concert band,jazz band, guitar , chorus,drama(they perform regular plays), and speak. Speak is a anti-bully/abuse/suicide group that started recently and seems to be doing well. The school also has a robust library with book on every subject imaginable, It is easy to ask the Liberian and he will help you find the book himself. Mascoma has also had some of its extracurricular groups win many awards. For example the life-smarts team won the nationals just a few days ago. Mascoma is also Do for heavy renovation and modernization of its facilities in the next few years. Overall for what we have, it is a fine school.

As a parent I am torn, both my children have done very well and are in AP classes, yet I do not feel that they are challenged by their peers. Yes this does mean that the teachers work hard at ensuring that the entire class is learning, treating all kids as individuals. The problems this school encounters comes from a lack of community support. This hardship has contributed to not only the run down building and lack of science equipment, texts that need to be replaced; but more importantly to a lack of an AP curriculum and foreign languages in the earlier years when it is more easily learned. Nevertheless, I have found that the school is more than willing to try to fill the needs through the use of online classes. It is my belief that the poor test scores, particularly in math are caused by the same lack of community support. The overall quality of the teachers are good and the music department is strong and yes the school does offer athletics. Overall, I think that if this school were in a community that strives for excellence in education all the other problems would be overcome due to the care,concern and dedication of the staff.

my school is probably the worst out there. I am in my second year here and I do not know as much as my friends from other schools, half the time I do not even know what there talking about and I know I should. It is very frustrating. Even though everyone is very loving I still would not send your child here.

This school has everything! They take the 3 'R's seriously, and offer sports and music programs too. Students learn with new computers, and best of all, they aim to have 100% graduation rate. In small rural communities, with only a regional high school, thiis is outstanding.

I really do not like this school they do not have any thing to do and there food is to much money. Some of the teacher dom not like kids that what i learned about when i when there. They have a good online coruse

I attend this High School and I can personally tell you that most of the classes are boring, and too long.

I think that Mascoma is a great school. I have been there myself and there are a lot of really awesome teachers there who not only support fun learning but also personal support and give lots of extra time and money. The sports and music and extracurriculars are also a lot of fun! Mascoma does need some new equipment like for PE and for the science labs and new textbooks and more space but overall with all of the problems like uncooperative parents, low funding, limited resources like space and good teachers that Mascoma faces, they do a wonderful job educating and taking care of everything that needs to get done. There are also amazing spirit events like winter carnival and spring fling etc. that are so much fun. Mascoma is by far one of my favorite places and I love going to school everyday! This is the best school!

Last modified Mascoma Valley Regional High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.