Concord, NH

Shaker Road School 1

Posted December 05, 2014
As an educator, I value my child's education. It is a priority so we were willing to pay the heafty tuition. My husband and I both have master's degrees. We have tried to ask questions around curriculum and we are talked down to. We want to support our child, but we are not treated as a partner in education. Disappointed.

Posted August 04, 2014
So this is an update on my previous review (below). When I was in 6th grade, it was hard transferring to a school with high standards for academic excellence and small classes. I'm now going into 8th grade at Shaker and it's been a great experience so far. The teachers challenge me, and all of my classmates, with tough material while giving you help if you need it. I love my friends -- I know them better than anybody else in the world. Shaker's a wonderful school, and you're missing out on so many great opportunities if you don't go there.

Posted January 24, 2013
As an educator in one of the top (1-3) public elementary schools in the state, I couldn't be more impressed by the staff and curriculum at the Shaker Road School. My son is only in Pre-K, but the curriculum is rigorous, yet age appropriate. In addition, my son has some special needs, and all staff have gone above and beyond to meet his social, emotional, behavioral, and academic needs. My niece and nephew also attended (are attending ) and are leaps beyond the public school counterparts. Most of all, I am incredibly impressed with Shaker Roads focus on building the whole child.

Shaker Road School 1

Posted December 14, 2012
This school is a big disappointment, more of a child care center than a school. The curriculum is very similar to the NH public school system. Many parents at the school value the fact that you can leave your child at school until 6:00, but you will not hear them brag about the education. It is not a bad daycare, but it is not academically challenging. Save your money for private HS.

Posted January 21, 2011
My three children have been at Shaker Road School for 6 months and we are delighted to be here. We formerly had our them in a 10 ranked public school and were not impressed. We found the public school taught to the test and ignored our children's individual needs. Shaker looks at each child individually and works on their areas of weakness, while at the same time promoting their strengths. For our son (grade 1), his teacher has taken him under his wing, and intensively focused on reading. Our son is now reading at an advanced level and loves books. Our 2nd grade daughter who struggles with shyness has found an environment that is caring and supportive and now she feels safe to come out of her shell. Our preschooler also is in an environment where her teachers care about her while providing her with the valuable social tools needed in PK. We love the Shaker Road School, it's a wonderful place for children to grow and learn. We recommend it highly.

Posted March 02, 2009
My daughter has been at Shaker for three years and it is a fantastic school. I highly recommend it to anyone dissatisfied with the public school system. The curriculum is very challenging and innovative. They are not just teaching to the test There are many extracurricular activities and sports that give the kids a well rounded social experience, too. The student to teacher ratio is excellent. The elementary school grades have 10-14 kids with two teachers in each class. Most of the public schools have 20+ kids in each class with one teacher it really does make a difference Another great aspect of the school is the community. It is like a tight-knit neighborhood with everyone watching out for the kids best interests. Parents that send their kids to Shaker are very involved and have very high expectations. I can t say enough good things about this school.

Shaker Road School 0

Posted August 27, 2008
My husband and I toured Shaker Road Shool when our daughter was 18 mos. old. She is now 4 and started with Shaker Camp this past June. Now that camp is over she has transitioned into Pre-K. She loves to go to shool everyday and is already starting to build strong friendships with both her peers and her teachers. I can't say enough about the school. Her pre-k classrooms, since there are two, are spacious, extremely clean, and they have live tree frogs and catepillars in the classroom with nature books abound! Their is an intranet that parents can access to read the teacher postings to learn about the day-to-day details about the schedule. The campus is warm and welcoming and everyone knows your name!

Posted March 04, 2008
Our child attends Shaker and we are extremely happy with his studies. The student to teacher ratio is excellent - he's been a student here from prechool to currently 5th grade and none f his classes have been greater than a 12 to 1 ratio. The academic aspect is by far superior to the public school system in Loudon, NH. The school promotes a close knit community - many activities for families (pancake breakfasts, summer carnivals, science & art fairs, etc.). RECOMMENDED!

Posted June 20, 2007
- a staff
I am a CIT at shaker during the summer and I love it. I get to swim, work with the kids and play many games. I went to shaker when I was growing up so it has been a big part of my summer for many years. I would strongly recomend Shaker Road School not only for School but for summer camp.

Posted February 21, 2007
Both my children attend Shaker and are extremely happy. The student to teacher ratio is excellent. The academic aspect is by far superior to the public school system in Concord. The school promotes a close knit community.

Shaker Road School