PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have three children at Shaker Road School and I have been impressed with the experience each of them have had. My children go to school each day knowing that their teachers care about them and I know that they are receiving an excellent education. I have found the curriculum to be appropriate and challenging, but more importantly, I have found that the teachers and administrators are willing to offer more challenge when my kiddos need it and offer support when they are struggling with other concepts. SRS is a place that truly pays attention to what each child needs and responds appropriately.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My child's teachers always challenged my child to reach her highest potential.

My child thrived at Shaker Road School. She was offered curriculum past her grade level to keep her challenged and excelled in every area (academics, sports and throughout the school community). I could not be happier for her experience at SRS.

Full disclosure: I'm a parent and a teacher here. My children are challenged by a dedicated staff of well-trained teachers who clearly love their jobs and the place where they teach. The school lives out its mission of teaching the whole child through strong academics and excellent extra-curriculars. My eldest plays 3 instruments, is involved in 3 sports, and does drama and robotics, all through the school! What other school makes time for all that plus academics?

I can't wait to send my child here next year. The new infant/toddler program is fantastic and I know my child will be challenged all the way through 8th grade.

We have three very different children all enrolled at Shaker. All three have had an excellent experience. The teachers are kind and work hard to provide a caring and nurturing environment for each child. Our children are also very involved with sports and they have learned how to manage a school and work balance. There is a very healthy outdoor program as well as the opportunity for children to progress more rapidly through course work if they are accomplished. The class size speaks volumes, you just can't get this ratio elsewhere. I want my child to have a wonderful school experience, to be happy and well rounded. Shaker has been able to provide this balance. There is a cost but it is less than other comparable day schools. Our eldest was accepted to a prestigious high school recently, we couldn't be happier for our sons accomplishments and also life balance. We looked at a lot of programs and are very pleased with our choice.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Given the ranges my children bring to the table I've been very impressed with how well they adapt and care I have had emails after hours to assist with assignments Very dedicated staff

Amount of homework: Agree

Not overwhelming I want my kids to work but they also need a balance Kids should be happy and have time to play in the yard or sports etc

Develops character: Strongly agree

They have a safe environment to discuss these issues in depth. They have forums to discuss integrity and honesty monthly

This school is a big disappointment, more of a child care center than a school. The curriculum is very weak, and the teachers are average at best. We left the school and my children are challenged more in the public school system. Nice campus but poor academics. Don't be fooled.

Last modified Shaker Road School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8