Contoocook, NH

Posted October 05, 2009
It is challenging and for a small school has an outstanding variety of courses and an excellent Honors program. It is one of 3 schools in NH listed in US News and WR best in the US.

Posted November 14, 2007
I love the Hopkinton schools, epecially the high school. I have had 3 children go through the schools. I currently have 2 in the high school an one in college. All of the teachers have been very involved in wanting my children (and all of their students) to succeed. I have also worked part-time in the schools and have gotten to know some of the teachers. Again, I have been very impressed with the amount of caring and concern shown by 90% of the teachers. In addition, the high school has so many great programs to engage so many types of kids: 3 foreign languages, a number of AP classes, robotics team, Destination Imagination, foreign exchange programs (in German and French, but not in Spanish),3 different bands, Peace club, math team, great sports teams, etc. We are so glad we moved to Hopkinton - especially because of the great schools.

Posted May 18, 2007
A great school with a strong academic program. The teachers and principal went out of their way to keep my son challenged. He will graduate this year, and has had a very good education in Hopkinton.

Posted March 29, 2005

Posted September 19, 2004
- a former student
I am not a parent of a child at this school, but a past graduate of it. Although I have graduated recently from Hopkinton High School, I have found that the teachers who work there are not only great teachers, but a leader and helper to them. If a student has a problem s/he can walk up to a teacher after class and talk to them about setting up a scheduled time to get extra help. If s/he is behind on an assignment and needs a couple days, I know I felt comfortable gong up to the teacher and asking for extra time. The amount of discipline that occurs in the classroom is at a good rate, and the principal knows how to connect with the students and tell them what s/he did wrong. I currently have a little brother who attends as well. I would recommend Hopkinton to anyone!

Hopkinton High School 4

Posted July 29, 2004
We have 3 generations of attendance to Hopkinton High in our home (parents and children). It caters to those children who excel in academics. If your child has a learning disability, I would look elsewhere. Our child does and the district has been very uncooperative in assisting. The special education program is behind the times and lacking. Special needs kids have graduated not being able to read or write. These kids are passed through the system and grades are adjusted to help the school's overall standing. On the plus side, the school does have a strong principal and most of the teachers are wonderful. The good teachers will go out of their way to help your child do better. But, it does not make up for the lack of assistance in the Special Education Program.

Hopkinton High School
297 Park Ave, Contoocook, NH  03229
Last modified Hopkinton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hopkinton High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top