Posted April 09, 2014
The White Mountain Waldorf School has been such a gift to our family. We love the curriculum, teachers, staff, and community. The Waldorf philosophy really resonates with our family - a deep valuing of nature, cooperation, nurturing, imagination, and play in the early years. In the upper grades, I am blown away by the depth and depth of the student's' curiosity, intelligence and kindness. The curriculum is well-rounded with arts, games, woodworking, and music - in addition to the in depth academic topics. If you want your child to be a centered, caring person, who is interested in the world around them, you could not find a better school. They truly teach to a child's hands, head, and heart. I highly encourage taking a tour of the school, coming to one of the fairs or open houses, or attending a lecture to see and feel for yourself. Finally, I enjoy being part of a community of parents that are like-minded and like-hearted, respectful of different points of view, and who, on the whole, work together for our children's education.

Posted April 09, 2014
One of the most thoughtful and soul nourishing places I could expose my six year old son to. He has thrived in the 8 months he has attended the WMWS. There is not enough space here to gush about how much we love it. Simply the best from the administration to the teachers to the fellow parents. Highly recommend!

Posted November 06, 2013
Our son has attended the White Mountain Waldorf School for the past 5 years, beginning in early childhood. We originally chose WMWS because it reflected our values of creativity, love of nature and play and because it focuses on how children develop through various stages. We were also looking for a environment that stressed curiosity over computers. We have not been disappointed. Our son loves school and the friends he has made there. It's also extremely heartening to interact with the older students in the school who consistently show compassion and interest in the younger students. It's a warm, nurturing and academically challenging environment where children thrive.

Posted October 27, 2013
Our whole family learned so much from our son being enrolled in the White Mountain Waldorf School. The more we learned about it, the more sense it made in terms of educating the whole child. The children learn in ways that encourage curiosity, imagination, and exploration. The beautiful 75 wooded acres provide the ideal setting for them to experience an in-depth connection to nature. They watch the world around them change with the seasons. Nature is literally their playground. Music and art enrich their souls, and they are gifted with an intelligent sense of self respect, balanced with a sense of social responsibility. They not only have an amazing and rich curriculum, but they learn how to learn, and learn to love learning. Our son has moved on to high school, after 13 years at White Mountain Waldorf School, and it is very clear that he, and our whole family has been enriched, strengthened, and enlivened in mind, body, and spirit from being at this school. We are so grateful for this priceless gift! THANK YOU!!!!

Posted September 19, 2013
Once we found this school, we knew we were home. The warm atmosphere paired with the excellent education is more than we could possibly ask for. The community here- the families, the staff, the students, all seem to genuinely enjoy being with each other and being at school. We are so blessed to be a part of such an enriching environment.

Posted September 05, 2013
When I had my first son, I imagined I would be able to take him to my office on work days until he was ready for kindergarten, at which time he would attend the public schools. I made it through the nursing and diapering phases in my office but once he started climbing over the playpen, I knew I had to find someplace for him to play safely and happily. I heard about the Waldorf school and decided to check it out. There I met teachers who were mature, wore long, flowing skirts, and made bread and soup with my son. I knew then I had found the right place. Fourteen years later, I watch my older sons at Kennett High School continue to create beautiful objects at home and take time to make things beautiful, including their bedrooms. High school teachers have noted how carefully created their science lab books are and their progress report comments consistently indicate exemplary effort, conduct and excellent craftsmanship. I am forever grateful to our school s teachers and parents who get it, who understand that education is about learning and growing and allowing all children to find and reach their full potential.

Posted August 21, 2013
We've given our children a gift by sending them to The White Mountain Waldorf School. The love of learning shows in their attitudes of every thing they do. They love life and appreciate all that it has to offer. My 3rd grader can't wait for everything that lies ahead and my 8th grader loves the education she's receiving and the love and support that Waldorf cultivates with in the community. Our whole family has benefitted from our children's Waldorf education.

Posted September 12, 2012
Our son is in 7th grade this year (the school goes to 8th) and has been attending since pre-K., his 10th year. What attracted us to the White Mountain Waldorf School originally, was the curriculum. The students learn two foreign languages, French and German from grades 1-8. There is also a focus on string instruments grade 1-5. The children actually choose which instrument they will study. These are the things that attracted us from the start, what kept us is the schools overall performance. Tracking how the students make the adjustment into the public school system and excel, has greatly reinforced our decision to choose and continue with a Waldorf education for our son. The bonds he has made with the faculty and other kids will no doubt last a life time. We feel blessed that we have chosen this for our son!

Posted June 15, 2011
WMWS is a terrific place. My children love it and I love it. The teachers are very hands on with all of the children, the academics are challenging but appropriate, and the learning environment is exceptional.

Posted July 17, 2010
I have two children at this school. After some time in the public school system chose this school because of its focus on learning in ways that are interesting to our kids. I was seeing a first grader stresses out about homework at the public school. Now my child is thriving academically and happier than ever.

White Mountain Waldorf School
Po Box 1069, Conway, NH  03818
Last modified White Mountain Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
White Mountain Waldorf School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top