Cornish, NH

Cornish Elementary School 1

Posted August 16, 2014
I went to Cornish Elementary school for kindergarten through eighth grade. I am now a senior in highschool. That school by far, gave me the worst experience of my life. My education was not satisfactory in math or science so i struggled when i reached high school. I was bullied for five years, with no teachers, nor principal to help. They sat back and watched as they were made nervous by the awful kid and her parents. There is massive discrimination, racism, and bias in this school.

Posted March 24, 2014
Cornish provides stellar academic teaching in elementary and middle school. The advantage with Cornish, is, after that is that, children have high school choice. There are three very good high school choices in our area, KUA (private), Hartford ( they have a great honors program and technical school), and Hanover (renowned for its academic excellence). You can't go wrong moving to/ sending your child to the Cornish elementary school. The teachers and the principal care about each and every child. The small class sizes in the lower wing are unparalled. We were especially pleased with the 8th grade trip to Washington DC, which included teaching on the Cornish art colony connections, and the new, and very enthusiastic, science teacher in the upper wing. NECAP scores have risen markedly under his tutelage. KUDOS for doing a great job teaching and empowering the Cornish youth. They will be the leaders in our next generation.
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 31, 2013
My experience as a parent of children in the Cornish School has been wonderful. I found the teaching staff knowledgeable, caring, and flexible. My children benefited from the small school atmosphere which meant that their individual personalities were respected and appreciated. They were well prepared for high school and have done well on their ACT and SAT tests which opens many opportunities for them in the years ahead. My children also were involved in drama and sports, which also helped with the transition to high school. The kindergarten to eighth grade experience is excellent, giving every child a solid, warm introduction to the world of learning.
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 20, 2009
having been a bus driver there , I have been impressed by the staff, the dedicated students , and parents, who out to see that education was prime and excellant.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 01, 2009

Posted July 04, 2008
I have two children in the school and I have nothing but wonderful things to say. Our principal of recent was exceptional with implementing much needed changes and raising the standards for academics and behavior. More needs to done with training parents so the school doesn't need to focus so much on discipline. Parents profess involvement but I don't see it. Teachers are good but we need more 'energy' and less of wanting what 'used to be'.
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 04, 2008

Cornish Elementary School 1

Posted April 21, 2008

Posted February 28, 2008

Posted February 28, 2008

Cornish Elementary School
274 Town House Rd, Cornish, NH  03745
Last modified Cornish Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cornish Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top