Pinkerton Academy 3

Posted July 23, 2014
PA has been resting on its laurels for too long. It is not an Academy, just another high school. It is run by a group who do not accept inputs from the community and whose concerns in descending order (and in wrong direction) seem to be: 1. Maintaining legacy; 2. Building development; 3. Student s future educational success. For such a large school, it rarely is noted for academics, taking a back seat to sports. NECAP results prove that it is an average high school. In academic comparison to other high schools, it does not seem to be on par. There are good/great dedicated teachers at PA? Some are incredibly committed to their students and their profession. Also on a positive note, it is a fairly safe school. Because PA is such a large school it has needed to support the majority of student needs. It does not do well with marginal students either with lower or higher skill sets. If the goal of high schools is transition to higher education . I d give PA a C . Good, average. PA s shotgun approach of trying to be everything to everyone by developing skills in everything from dog grooming and the trades to a general education lessen it's legacy.

Posted April 17, 2014
Pinkerton Academy is a wonderful school, my child has Autism Spectrum Disorder and the Counselors, Teachers and Special Ed has been very supportive. They have provided me with information, sends me weekly progress reports. Just because it is a large school, every child is treated as an individual and is acknowledged by staff. The staff motivates the students to be their best and succesed at school and at life. This school has a wonderful reputation, many families move to this town because of this school. I attended this school and every year it gets better, they are there for the kids and many people have stayed in this town for this school, I hope that more generations of family members of mine and others do the same, the only complaint I have is there is not enough parking.

Posted July 21, 2013
My mom graduated from here and moved back to NH Sotho my brothers and I could go here. The school may be large and seem more like a college campus but the wide variety of classes, languages and sports it has to offers can't compare to the average high school. I no longer live in NH but would love to go back so thy my children can have the same opportunity to graduate from PA. This school prepared me for collage and I think can prepare students for the demands of the "real world". This isn't a school to just slip by there are high expectations and so there should be if you want your child to succeed. PA is in my opinion on of the best public high schools if not the best. (A private school education)

Pinkerton Academy 1

Posted November 12, 2012
i droped out of pinkerton the teachers are all burnt out from working their so long they dont care if you fail and will not help you unless told to if you dont comprehend what to do they dont care they will watch you fail, i also attended haverhill highschool in massachusets it is nowhere as hard as pinkerton they expect much more of you than any other highschool because they are conviced with their history they are better than any other,i know you will not agree majority because you went their in the 70's and it was middle school level compared to todays standard they have much more money than they should be supplied with they build new buildings all the time and do nothing for their appauling dropout rate,derry nh should build another alternative highschool,3000+ kids is far to much for a highschool to keep in check let alone educate.

Pinkerton Academy 4

Posted May 30, 2012
Generally, PA is great. However the school has a lacking math department and seems a lot of money is spent on the lower level kids and new buildings instead of academics. That said, they love it there and they honestly offer more classes in anywhere else period. I fell that for a school of PA's size the dress code is a little lacking and you can see lots of revealing girls and guys. Since Pinkerton is technically an academy, it should at least do a code like polos and khakis or even better a button up shirt and tie. I fell it would improve the environment considerably.

Pinkerton Academy 2

Posted August 25, 2010
I feel that PA has effectively prepared me for college-level work and I feel confident in applying to colleges this fall having gone to PA, because I know it is recognized for that. This, however, might be coming at somewhat of a cost to some students. More than once, I felt completely overwhelmed by the expectations placed on me, not by the teachers, but by the school in general. PA likes to place its students into strict black and white margins, and when they come across a student who just doesn't fit into those boxes, they struggle with how to handle it. Also, because of PA's size, it can sometimes be easy to "fall through the cracks." Most of the teachers I have come across have been great, but I think that is somewhat due to luck of the draw. Generally - great English dept, but the math dept lacks.

Posted May 09, 2010
I m a current junior at Pinkerton and I LOVE IT. Coming from an 8th grade class of 75, I had no problem adjusting to my freshman class of 900.Yes, the school expects a lot from the students, but that should be expected at any good high school. It s up to the student to decide what kind of education he/she wants to receive. Any student who doesn't do homework or get to class on time WILL begin to fail and get detentions. It's school--you're expected to show up and do the work. PA has a highly effective class leveling system that helps students excel at their own pace. There are many career-focused courses available at PA that create nearly endless opportunities to prepare students for future careers. Additionally, EVERYBODY can find something to do outside of the classroom because there are so many sports and clubs (plus a few study abroad opportunities).

Posted April 08, 2010

Pinkerton Academy 0

Posted October 18, 2009
They do so much for the kids,the kids have so much to choose from,like agriculture,to the arts and so much more,they also hand out alot of scholerships.

Posted August 02, 2009
the teachers are great, and the school focuses on a strong english department. My kids did well when they gradguated and were sent to some of the top colleges, and had an easier time than others who went to other schools int he area

Pinkerton Academy