Grinnell School 2

Posted April 28, 2014
Grinnell Elementary in no way compares to the other elementary schools in the district. They are extremely understaffed and what good teachers they do have wind up leaving for other schools in the district. Their pta is subpar at best. Their special ed department lacks in the fact that they just don't have the ability to properly care for all of their students currently in special ed.

Posted October 03, 2013
Grinnell is a fabulous school. I have two children who are currently enrolled. The teachers work tirelessly to ensure all students are taken care of. I am not sure why a parent would review it otherwise, clearly as they indicated they took school choice so they would not know how involved the administration is or how great the special education department is!!! One of my students is identified and I feel the special education department goes above and beyond! Big Kuddos to Grinnel!!! Keep up the great work!

Grinnell School 1

Posted August 16, 2013
You walk into this school and the air is so thick with poor morale, you can hardly breathe. The administration is not involved or ever seen around the school. A new administration and better special education department would help turn this school around... Otherwise, I'm sending my kids to school of choice.

Posted August 21, 2010
I couldn't be happier with Grinnell! The teachers are fabulous and the principal and assistant principal are also wonderful. I have one son attending Grinnell currently with another going in another year. We were given the option of sending our son to another district school, but I wouldn't change if you paid me. My son is flourishing at Grinnell and even though sometimes the school is depicted negatively, don't believe it. Go Grinnell!

Grinnell School 0

Posted July 07, 2009
Grinnell is a wonderful school and I was very happy with the kindergarten program. Mrs. Wilson was an excellent and I felt my daughter was very lucky to have had her this past school year.

Grinnell School 0

Posted January 04, 2008
Grinnell is a wonderful school, Our oldest daughter went there but since has moved on to west running brook. We have two other children the go to Grinnell and if anything things have improved over the years as far as better teachers, stability for the children, safety. My children feel safe and at home at school which is more than I could ask for. Mrs. Hill and Mr. Duchame, handle the school with and Iron fist and all the children that go there are considered as their children. I would not want my children in another school.

Grinnell School 3

Posted May 28, 2007
I thought Grinnell was a great school at first. Then my son started having trouble in reading. His math scores were incredible, but in reading he struggled. Because he was diagnosed with hyperactivity (not ADHD) his teacher was pushing to have him medicated and coded - unnecessary by my son's doctor's medical opinion. But its still an issue. I would also like to comment on the PTA. I work the overnight shift. I also have a foster child, plus my son. I sleep about 4 hours a day. I would love to participate more, but such is life. Some people need to consider that. However, I don't think Grinnell pays much attention to their students.

Posted August 14, 2006
Grinnell is an INCREDIBLE school. I am very pleased with their attention to the students. They have a great special ed department! The class sizes are small and the teachers are fabulous!! I have had 2 of my children go from 1st through 5th grade there and I now have a daughter in the 3rd grade. I was contemplating on moving but decdided gainst it until my daughter finishes at Grinnell. Mary Hill, the principal, is a great listener and always willing to help out where she can. The PTA at the school is one of the best in the area. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants the best education for their child along with a great feeling of self esteem.

Posted March 08, 2006
This school is awesome. We now have two daughters that go there and it has been a wonderful experience. They've been involved with the Post Office program, chorus, some advanced classes and after school programs. The teachers and staff all seem to really be on top of all their students. If you're moving in to the area, I would suggest making sure you're in the right spot to go to Grinnell.

Posted August 03, 2004
Grinnell is awesome, I have no complaints what-so-ever about the teaching staff. We love that school and are so glad that our children are a part of it! However, The PTA claims that you can just 'sign up and not do anything else'. But I took that last review as a dig. Some of us have to work, whether it be full time or part time, not all are lucky enough to stay home and donate all of their time to the school as much as we would love to. We have our lives at home and devote that time to our children. I know that we never miss an event our children are involved in, but do not have the extra time to help out at other events. The PTA has definitely done great things, but if that's the attitude among them, then I don't want any part of it.

Grinnell School
6 Grinnell Rd, Derry, NH  03038
Last modified Grinnell School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grinnell School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top