Bad
Good

Grinnell Elementary in no way compares to the other elementary schools in the district. They are extremely understaffed and what good teachers they do have wind up leaving for other schools in the district. Their pta is subpar at best. Their special ed department lacks in the fact that they just don't have the ability to properly care for all of their students currently in special ed.

Grinnell is a fabulous school. I have two children who are currently enrolled. The teachers work tirelessly to ensure all students are taken care of. I am not sure why a parent would review it otherwise, clearly as they indicated they took school choice so they would not know how involved the administration is or how great the special education department is!!! One of my students is identified and I feel the special education department goes above and beyond! Big Kuddos to Grinnel!!! Keep up the great work!

You walk into this school and the air is so thick with poor morale, you can hardly breathe. The administration is not involved or ever seen around the school. A new administration and better special education department would help turn this school around... Otherwise, I'm sending my kids to school of choice.

I couldn't be happier with Grinnell! The teachers are fabulous and the principal and assistant principal are also wonderful. I have one son attending Grinnell currently with another going in another year. We were given the option of sending our son to another district school, but I wouldn't change if you paid me. My son is flourishing at Grinnell and even though sometimes the school is depicted negatively, don't believe it. Go Grinnell!

Grinnell is a wonderful school and I was very happy with the kindergarten program. Mrs. Wilson was an excellent and I felt my daughter was very lucky to have had her this past school year.

Grinnell is a wonderful school, Our oldest daughter went there but since has moved on to west running brook. We have two other children the go to Grinnell and if anything things have improved over the years as far as better teachers, stability for the children, safety. My children feel safe and at home at school which is more than I could ask for. Mrs. Hill and Mr. Duchame, handle the school with and Iron fist and all the children that go there are considered as their children. I would not want my children in another school.

I thought Grinnell was a great school at first. Then my son started having trouble in reading. His math scores were incredible, but in reading he struggled. Because he was diagnosed with hyperactivity (not ADHD) his teacher was pushing to have him medicated and coded - unnecessary by my son's doctor's medical opinion. But its still an issue. I would also like to comment on the PTA. I work the overnight shift. I also have a foster child, plus my son. I sleep about 4 hours a day. I would love to participate more, but such is life. Some people need to consider that. However, I don't think Grinnell pays much attention to their students.

Last modified Grinnell School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.