Bad
Good

I'm a parent of a 6th grader in this school. I'm a bit concerned at the amount of work or lack thereof that is given out. She has literally brought math home work home 3 times this year. Last night her math homework consisted of 1 problem! Other homework days in other classes yield 10-15minutes tops when she even has homework. The school is not challenging these kids and I fear our student is not progressing to the level she could be at. Come on teachers, challenge these students. Get them thinking and ready for the next academic realm. If you don't use it (brain) you lose it or it will never grow.

hood middle school is awesome and all the teachers are too! i hope your kids go to hood

Today I registered my daughter at Hood Middle school. I was very nervous because I had been told horror stories about it before. I was so happy and surprised to see how nice the staff were. The principal was great at making both of us comfortable. He was very caring knowing that this would be a hard transition for her and I as well. The teachers were very nice and friendly. I loved the seeing how the kids interacted with the 6th grade math teacher especially. They were learning and having fun! She cant wait to start.

Last modified Gilbert H. Hood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.