Bad
Good

Gilbert H. Hood Middle School 2

Posted March 25, 2014
I'm a parent of a 6th grader in this school. I'm a bit concerned at the amount of work or lack thereof that is given out. She has literally brought math home work home 3 times this year. Last night her math homework consisted of 1 problem! Other homework days in other classes yield 10-15minutes tops when she even has homework. The school is not challenging these kids and I fear our student is not progressing to the level she could be at. Come on teachers, challenge these students. Get them thinking and ready for the next academic realm. If you don't use it (brain) you lose it or it will never grow.

Gilbert H. Hood Middle School

Posted October 26, 2009
hood middle school is awesome and all the teachers are too! i hope your kids go to hood

Posted December 13, 2006
Today I registered my daughter at Hood Middle school. I was very nervous because I had been told horror stories about it before. I was so happy and surprised to see how nice the staff were. The principal was great at making both of us comfortable. He was very caring knowing that this would be a hard transition for her and I as well. The teachers were very nice and friendly. I loved the seeing how the kids interacted with the 6th grade math teacher especially. They were learning and having fun! She cant wait to start.

Posted July 29, 2006
Gilbert H. Hood Middle School is a wonderful and exciting place for children to learn. I have moved throuhout the state of New Hampshire taking my children to different schools and this was by far their favorite and also mine. The teachers are friendly realationship with the students and are willing to do anything for them. Their academic policy is amazing and allows the parents to be involved with their children and what they are doing in school! Trust me you will never be dissapointed with this school. Every teacher my child had or has is wonderful and i have never had any problems with that school! Their sports are always the best in the state and the coaches want to build up thier players not put them down! I love this school and so do my children, trust me you will not be dissapointed! GilbertH. Hood Middle School ROCKS!!!!!!!

Posted August 25, 2005
Speaking as an 8th grader, the Gilbert H. Hood Memorial Middle School, was a great educational experience for me, as a student who just got promoted from there. Although the work can be tough, I think it was the best preporation for Pinkerton Academy, or high school in general. Even though I went to the Gilbert H. Hood Middle School for only one year, It was the best school I have ever attended. I came from Massachusetts, and comparing to that, New Hampshire School systems are far more organised, and well-kept. This School has teachers who care about more then their life. I believe that they care more about their students' futures then anything. Also, the field trips, and projects we did were very intersting, and fun.I think the disipline could improve a bit, but overall, I definately give the Gilbert H. Hood Memorial Middle School 5 Stars!

Gilbert H. Hood Middle School 4

Posted April 12, 2005
I think that this school is very well-kept. I think the teachers do their jobs well, and treat students with respect. The homework amount isn't too overwelming, and the projects students do are very interesting, and educational. I am also very pleased how the workers of the GHHMS have made a new gym, more classes, and an upcomming new library. I think this is a very good school to send your child to.

Gilbert H. Hood Middle School
5 Hood Rd, Derry, NH  03038
Last modified Gilbert H. Hood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.