Dover, NH

St Thomas Aquinas High School 2

Posted March 24, 2015
I'm freshman at STA. I came here with huge excitement for this place. That "excitement" quickly dwindled to a "utter disgust and repulsion". I was warned coming here that "sometimes this school just isn't for you", and "you either love it; or ya hate it". These were from upperclassmen and I WISH I had listened more carefully. I'm not the only one who feels like this...we have had 3 freshman transfer out before mid-terms. The school is very deceiving as an incoming freshman. Cons: You will find yourself bogged down and STRESSED OUT with homework although they promise that you'll be able to manage your time. The lunches start out GREAT and then slowly degrades. Also, this school is literally the most cliquish place I've ever witnessed. I'm pretty independent and I focus a lot on sports,etc. but there's a lot of kids who are bothered by this. Pros:majority of teachers are very good and intuitive in the classroom with the students. The school is also clean. Bottom line: REALLY take consideration before committing to go here, don't be deceived by the great first impressions. To me, this place isn't worth the $12K. Then again, better than the public schools around here. Hope this helps

Posted February 12, 2014
The school is a very respected both by the community and the student body. The teachers are so bright and they actually love to teach their students. I have two boys, a Sophomore and a junior. They play football, basketball and baseball in very competitive divisions. A great education and excellent sports keep my boys very involved and exceptionally pleased with St. Thomas Aquinas. Although not all students are Catholic, mine are so ...... this mom is very proud.

Posted June 07, 2012
Love STA! Everyone really cares about you. Definitely worth tuition. There are lots of opportunities to be involved with things going on around sta. Sports program is amazing. Literally nothing bad to say about this school!

Posted June 23, 2011
Three of my children have graduated from St Thomas Aquinas (STA.) They were well prepared for college academically and socially and developed great time management skills. It was worth every penny to send my children to such a caring and involved community of educators, learners, and thoughtful leaders.

St Thomas Aquinas High School 4

Posted May 10, 2010
Difficult, a lot of work, but I have heard that it helps you and prepares you extremely well for college! I am a junior at STA. The classes can sometimes be boring (not much hands-on learning), the food is so-so, and the social life tends to be extremely 'cliquey'... it's very hard to make new friends once you've already established your group in the first couple weeks of freshman year. The teachers for the most part are nice and very helpful, guidance counslers are great, and in general it's a good school.

St Thomas Aquinas High School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
The St Thomas Aquinas High School as high standards and high expectations. AS well as teaching the reading, writing, etc they are helping oiur children learn their place in this world through classes on morality, world cultures, scripture and other incisive courses designed to help the children think things through and look deep into subject for meaning and virtue.

Posted September 16, 2009
IM a freshman this school is very nice and worth the 45 min drive.

Posted September 01, 2008
I attended STA for all four years. I was above and beyond prepared for Northeastern's biology program. STA provided me with a fantastic education and a great group of friends.

Posted March 14, 2007
Excellent culture, caring teachers, positive environment. College and honors classes, competitive athletic programs, many extracurricular activities.

St Thomas Aquinas High School 4

Posted September 16, 2006
- a former student
This school is a great affordable alternative to many of the secondary schools in the area. As an alum who has also had a public school experience, I found the school to be far more nurturing and the students to be more caring and friendlier than in the local public schools. Speaking as a teacher and a parent, I place a great deal of importance on character education and having a strong work ethic . Your child will find this at St. Thomas. I enjoy reading about the school's continued success and the fine students that it is turning out. Best of luck to those of you who are applying. Those of you who are currently attending it may seem strict now, but you'll appreciate it later in life.

St Thomas Aquinas High School
197 Dover Point Road, Dover, NH  03820
Last modified St Thomas Aquinas High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St Thomas Aquinas High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top