PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

Both of my kids have had a homework most nights, but is has be manageable for them. They are both good students, so it is possible that other students would find the homework level a challenge.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are held accountable, but are treated with an opportunity to redeem themselves. We all make mistakes and the school does a good job working with the kids to make it right.

We have found the faculty at PCA to be incredibly accommodating and kind over last five years. We have two very different students; PCA has provided excellent differentiation and we couldn't be more thankful. In our experience, we have seen the love of Christ shown each day. They have had opportunities to serve the Lord with their talents and gifts. From the small groups, to Chapel, to optional bible studies there is plenty of ways to plug in to grow in faith outside the required bible classes. My kids have found they are able to talk about real life issues and struggles with their teachers. That, is something you cannot duplicate. Now, at the high school level, our kids have been challenged with honors and AP level classes in all areas. I cannot recommend PCA enough.

This is a school that truly cares about the WHOLE child. The staff and faculty are extremely approachable and the administration LISTENS when parents speak. Two of my children have attended and I wouldn't send them anywhere else.

The parent who posted on January 24,2014 hit the nail on the head. I could not have said it better. The school is full of hypocrisy and judgement. The worst experience our family has had and a VERY unresponsive administration..

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Teachers are effective as they can be given the restrictions placed by administration. Many good teachers, but also several very bad teachers.

We moved to the Seacoast area from Maryland last summer and finding a great school for our 2 daughters (7th/10th) was our highest priority. After touring the school, meeting with both admissions and administration, we selected PCA for the 2013-2014 school year. Our experience thus far has been incredible. Both of our daughters are loving the school and enjoying all the opportunities it has to offer. They are being challenged academically and the Biblical worldview that we were looking for is woven throughout the curriculum. We look forward to a long relationship with the PCA community! You will love this school!

Have you ever been to a school where the kids are genuinely happy; where the love of learning is so evident you just don't want to leave? The community feeling I get, as a parent, everytime I walk into this school gives me chills. Parents, students, and teachers come together in a way like nothing I have witnessed in other schools. This is the 4th school my children have attended, and we will do anything we can to keep them here until they graduate. The life lessons and relationships they are building are priceless. PCA keeps them challenged academically and continuously works with them building character through retreats, chapels, small groups, missions trips, and community service projects. The schools size offers them multiple extracurricular activies including sports, drama, academic competition, and much more. I cannot recommend PCA enough.

I really wish that the school staff would stop falsifying the positive reviews. I wish there was a way to ensure that the reviews here are true. This school is awful and the amount of hypocrisy and judgment that is placed on the kids is awful. The true foundation of this school is based on the most un-Christian manner and treatment and I am blessed that we found our way out to a better spiritual school that truly practices what they preach.

We pulled our 2 boys out of Portsmouth Public schools because the curriculum was incredibly poor! They are half way through their first year at PCA and they are so happy there! on wis in Jr high and the other is elementary. We are a Christian family and are so happy with how they are growing in their faith and knowledge of the Bible. The academics are great! They are challenged in every way. We are very happy with everything. Our boys love it and never want to go back to public, they know they are getting a much better education than their public school friends.

Last modified Portsmouth Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12