Posted December 06, 2014
This is my review of the preschool, which I hope will be helpful as it will be the only review of that particular program, which I wish I had had before enrolling my daughter. There is zero communication. None. When you drop them off, the teachers just welcome them in. When it is time to go home, the parents aren't even allowed inside. We stay on the sidewalk and the teachers send the kids out the door one by one without a single word. The only time they ever talk to me is when my daughter has had a bad day (i.e. hasn't listened and followed directions). They send "weekly updates" periodically but not every week, and all they do is tell what the letter of the week will be and a couple small activities. They also do not go outside every day. Even if it is not raining, they will stay in if it rained the night before or the ground is damp. They do not do any field trips. I learned the other day that they don't even let the kids play with/look under rocks. Overall I am disappointed. We are currently looking at other preschools because this school has been so disappointing. If you are considering SMA for your child's preschool, I strongly suggest that you look elsewhere first.

Posted January 14, 2014
Saint Mary Academy has been a breath of fresh air for our family. Character, values, morals, and important life skills are something I value very highly when sending my children off to spend the majority of their time away from home. Challenging academics and small class sizes are also something you can't beat when entrusting your children's education to a school.

Posted February 06, 2013
Both of my children have had a WONDERFUL experience at SMA. The teachers are fabulous! I notice (not just in my kids) but in other children that attend, remarkable care and compassion and respect for other people. The class sizes are small, which is ALWAYS better. One thing that has always stuck with me since we first visited the school is the middle school kids don't have lockers. Why? There is no need! Stealing is not an issue. The kids just put their backpacks and belongings in their assigned spaces and it's not even thought of that someone would disprespect that. Saint Mary Academy is a wonderful, safe, and healthy learning environment and I have no doubt that my children will have the tools they need to become individuals of character.

Posted January 29, 2013
SMA is an amazing school! We are new to the school and have nothing but great things to say about this school! The principle is amazing and has made us feel like we are part of the family from day 1! Every person we have encounter has been more than welcoming and made us feel at home! This school has a very strong sense of community! On top of a great education this school teaches self respect and how to treat others with respect. The school embraces technology and keeping up with the times! The teachers are amazing! Moving to this school has been a welcome change for our family and the best descision we have made! We love it and our child loves going to school every day!

Posted December 22, 2012
It is important to note that SMA is under the leadership of a different Principal as of Sept 2012. This was a much needed change, as the former principal was not a strong leader and had little interest in the school/teachers/students/parents. SMA is a fantastic school! The teachers and administration are so loving and have a true interest in your child's wellbeing. I feel my children are not only growing academically but also as human beings. The school teaches self respect, respect for others, and community involvement. And SMA expects no less from all students and attending families. This isn't a school for slackers or parents that don't want to be involved. SMA feels like family. Every child should be blessed to be able to attend a school like SMA.

Posted September 01, 2012
This is our 9th year at Saint Mary Academy and we have multiple children attending. The values taught at SMA are a reinforcement of the values we teach at home- kindness, compassion, and academic prioritization. The last three years were difficult under the previous administration as the past principal was not the best fit for the school. However, upon her resignation, the school has completely changed from the inside out. The new principal works tirelessly to make this school a wonderful atmosphere for the children, faculty and staff. She has made difficult administrative decisions that have resulted in new faculty assignments and she has developed a strong repoire with the area Catholic high school, Diocese and community. The horizon has never looked so bright for SMA and I am excited that our family is part of it.

St Mary Academy 4

Posted July 11, 2012
My family has been a part of the Saint Mary Academy Family for 12 years. It is an amazing school with teachers who truly care for the students that they teach. The past 2 1/2 years have been difficult with administration, however the principal has since resigned & the assistant principal is amazing. She is very interested in what parents, staff and students have to say about the school & is working didigently to bring back the sense of community that we have had in the past with Mrs. Reese & Sr. Monica running the school. I am very happy to have my children at SMA and know that they are well cared for and educated with the current and best educational standards in mind. They are also taught compassion and caring for others while learning the "Golden Rule".

Posted February 10, 2012
We left this school after 6 years. School is very antiquated with teaching materials and teachers set in their ways. Administration is apethetic with students and parents alike. The Principal offers no support to parents with concerns/questions and hastily avoids meetings. All in all a very disappointing experience for our children.

Posted May 15, 2011
Our experience at St. Mary Academy was not a good one. The teachers are burnt out and resistant to any change. The classes are too large and the children suffer because of it.

Posted April 28, 2011
The facultive and staff at St. Mary's have been superior in the approach to helping children of all capablities. The individual approach to the student has been exceptional for many students. The facitlities are well kept and being improved. The students have a great Christian attitude. It is a good value for the tuition, and provides a safe environment for children.

St Mary Academy