Dover, NH

Posted August 12, 2014
Due to budgetary constraints, Dover, as a city, has its issues with providing everything that our students need to thrive. Our teachers are consistently asked to do more with less. Despite this, the teachers, staff, and students at Woodman Park thrive. There is no more cohesive teaching team in the district. There is not a principal that comes close to having the capabilities and level of fairness and caring that Patrick Boodey possesses. True, WPS has a high population of students in financial need. True, there are many students that need extra help to achieve their highest potential. True, the standardized tests that measure the "success" of our schools does not provide accommodation for many of our students. But, when you walk down the halls, meet the principal, talk to the educators, and converse with families, you will undoubtedly find that the overwhelming majority are in love with Woodman Park School and would not (and do not, as permitted by WPS's Title 1 status) choose to send their children anywhere else in the district.

Posted April 29, 2014
This school has been a blessing for my son. They have done every possible thing to provide the best education possible for him k-4.

Woodman Park School 1

Posted March 27, 2014
I have had nothing but problems with this school! If it wasn't mid year I would move my child in a heart beat! They blatantly disregard doctors notes, when a parent talks to them one on one and don't care if your child needs a nurse unless they are throwing up!

Posted January 21, 2014
This is my daughter's third year at Woodman Park School. When I saw the ranking of this school, I was shocked. Mr. Boodey, the Principal, is top-notch. He was the recipient of the Principal of the Year for the state of New Hampshire. As a volunteer parent with the amazingly active PTO and in my daughter's classroom, I see first-hand his involvement with the teachers, parents and most importantly, the students. He attributes the success of the school to the passionate and dedicated teaching staff. This school is one of the few schools in the area to be granted interns from UNH. Their criteria is high, and Woodman Park exceeds expectations on so many levels. The school is always hosting events to bring the students together with their families. There is an openness to every person who enters its doors. The student population is diverse, and gifted students are challenged just as students who need extra are helped. Given the choice of the 3 elementary schools in Dover, I would hands-down choose Woodman Park. This school wins on all levels. This school is a 10 out of 10 ranking in my opinion.

Posted May 29, 2013
My 5-year old daughter goes here now and she is thriving! The staff and teachers are amazing and so willing to find away to help her and they have. The principle is great! he knows most of the kids by name and is outside rain or shine to greet the kids every morning. We just moved out the district and it broke my heart to think of pulling my daughter from this school that I am going to drive her everyday so that she can keep going here rather then another school. Only thing I don't understand is how the districts are set up doesn't make much sense to me but I love this school and so does my daughter.

Posted May 10, 2013
This is an amazing elementary school. Principal Boodey does an excellent job, as do all the teachers. The PTO is extremely warm & involved. We have loved all five years of our son being here.

Woodman Park School 1

Posted November 06, 2011
The school office staff is very rude. It seem they need get more "education" before they can educate the children. The K teacher does not understand the children developmental issue. Parents involvement very low. No wonder NECAP test always the lowest in the district.

Posted September 16, 2011
First, We were worried because We have to moved our kids in to this school, but it turns out Nothing to be worried about this school, They are all Great Teachers, Principal Mr.Boodey, Special Education Team..Great Building&nice & organize classrooms, you name it ..it's there..We're just so grateful there's still a Awesome Public School around..

Posted April 17, 2010
My brother and I went to school there and now my son does. I feel so fortunate to live in the Woodman Park School district.

Posted March 15, 2010
I loved my time at Woodman Park. I got the best education I could have ever possibly recieved! Mr Boodey was awesome, and I felt like I belonged in that atmosphere.

Woodman Park School
11 Towle Ave, Dover, NH  03820
Last modified Woodman Park School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodman Park School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top