Bad
Good

We have two children at Woodman Park Elementary & both children are excelling. Each child was identified as a little-more advanced reader and therefore I was asked if they could put them in a special group for children reading just a bit faster compared to their classmates. I was thrilled. On the flip side - if a child is struggling, Woodman Park does have amazing Title 1 teachers that are assigned to give your child 30+ minutes of extra reading help during the day. Mr. Boodey is loved by all the kids and we have had nothing but wonderful teachers. Woodman Park has many UNH interns as well, I have no idea why WPS is rated low on greatschools.org.

Woodman Park has its challenges, no doubt, but each staff member is dedicated and rises to the challenges. The administration is top notch, and the school runs smoothly and every just seems HAPPY! My kids love being students there. It does have a great deal of diversity but teachers handle it well and students are learning from it! In my opinion, Woodman is the warmest and happiest school out of all Dover elementary schools.

We've been very happy with the progress my daughter has made at this school over the past few years. She is much further along academically than we thought she would be when she came in from an other district a few years ago. The teachers do a really good job here with what they have available. The school population does have their challenges, but the school does the best they can to overcome the challenges the kids face in a manner that does not single out the kids. The community in the school is very strong and Mr. Boodey is an excellent principal.

Due to budgetary constraints, Dover, as a city, has its issues with providing everything that our students need to thrive. Our teachers are consistently asked to do more with less. Despite this, the teachers, staff, and students at Woodman Park thrive. There is no more cohesive teaching team in the district. There is not a principal that comes close to having the capabilities and level of fairness and caring that Patrick Boodey possesses. True, WPS has a high population of students in financial need. True, there are many students that need extra help to achieve their highest potential. True, the standardized tests that measure the "success" of our schools does not provide accommodation for many of our students. But, when you walk down the halls, meet the principal, talk to the educators, and converse with families, you will undoubtedly find that the overwhelming majority are in love with Woodman Park School and would not (and do not, as permitted by WPS's Title 1 status) choose to send their children anywhere else in the district.

This school has been a blessing for my son. They have done every possible thing to provide the best education possible for him k-4.

I have had nothing but problems with this school! If it wasn't mid year I would move my child in a heart beat! They blatantly disregard doctors notes, when a parent talks to them one on one and don't care if your child needs a nurse unless they are throwing up!

This is my daughter's third year at Woodman Park School. When I saw the ranking of this school, I was shocked. Mr. Boodey, the Principal, is top-notch. He was the recipient of the Principal of the Year for the state of New Hampshire. As a volunteer parent with the amazingly active PTO and in my daughter's classroom, I see first-hand his involvement with the teachers, parents and most importantly, the students. He attributes the success of the school to the passionate and dedicated teaching staff. This school is one of the few schools in the area to be granted interns from UNH. Their criteria is high, and Woodman Park exceeds expectations on so many levels. The school is always hosting events to bring the students together with their families. There is an openness to every person who enters its doors. The student population is diverse, and gifted students are challenged just as students who need extra are helped. Given the choice of the 3 elementary schools in Dover, I would hands-down choose Woodman Park. This school wins on all levels. This school is a 10 out of 10 ranking in my opinion.

My 5-year old daughter goes here now and she is thriving! The staff and teachers are amazing and so willing to find away to help her and they have. The principle is great! he knows most of the kids by name and is outside rain or shine to greet the kids every morning. We just moved out the district and it broke my heart to think of pulling my daughter from this school that I am going to drive her everyday so that she can keep going here rather then another school. Only thing I don't understand is how the districts are set up doesn't make much sense to me but I love this school and so does my daughter.

This is an amazing elementary school. Principal Boodey does an excellent job, as do all the teachers. The PTO is extremely warm & involved. We have loved all five years of our son being here.

The school office staff is very rude. It seem they need get more "education" before they can educate the children. The K teacher does not understand the children developmental issue. Parents involvement very low. No wonder NECAP test always the lowest in the district.

Last modified Woodman Park School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.