Effingham, NH

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 27, 2015
In the two years that we've lived here, our two boys, ages 10 and 8, thrived under the tutelage of the teachers at EES. The smaller classrooms were ideal learning stations for my soon-to-be third- and fifth-grade boys. A job is taking us West, and so we leave knowing we'll be in larger classrooms without the specialized care our boys received since fall 2013.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted July 27, 2015
In all honesty, I expected a bit more homework, but over time I learned that my boys read during the 40-minute bus ride home, and they generally completed their homework within an hour. A parent always expects a child to perform at a certain level, and so my expectations that they get more homework were unrealistic, as I now see they were doing well in school and that they actually needed more time outside, exploring the world and learning about God's creations.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted July 27, 2015
My boys didn't win every foot race and sometimes received feedback on homework they believed was "good enough." They learned that in order to develop into good students, able athletes, and self-regulated individuals, they would need to persevere in the face of difficulty by showing grit and determination.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 27, 2015
R-E-S-P-E-C-T is what I am shown at home by my boys, and so I know they learned it at school by the respect the teachers expected from the students.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 27, 2015
My boys appear to exhibit more compassion because of the compassion, caring, and empathy the teachers and administrators showed during my boys' time at EES.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 27, 2015
Through the modeling offered by its teachers, students learn that honesty, integrity, and fairness are virtues they need in order to survive outside the classroom.

6 Partridge Cove Rd, Effingham, NH  03882
Last modified Effingham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Effingham Elementary School Rating: 0 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top