Bad
Good
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

In the two years that we've lived here, our two boys, ages 10 and 8, thrived under the tutelage of the teachers at EES. The smaller classrooms were ideal learning stations for my soon-to-be third- and fifth-grade boys. A job is taking us West, and so we leave knowing we'll be in larger classrooms without the specialized care our boys received since fall 2013.

Amount of homework: Disagree

In all honesty, I expected a bit more homework, but over time I learned that my boys read during the 40-minute bus ride home, and they generally completed their homework within an hour. A parent always expects a child to perform at a certain level, and so my expectations that they get more homework were unrealistic, as I now see they were doing well in school and that they actually needed more time outside, exploring the world and learning about God's creations.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Through the modeling offered by its teachers, students learn that honesty, integrity, and fairness are virtues they need in order to survive outside the classroom.

Last modified Effingham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.