Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This is a charter school to stash the district's problem kids at. The work is easy to nonexistent, the teachers don't know much about their subjects, there is a huge drug problem, ect. The administration uses blackmail and coercive tactics to keep students in line, and threatens expulsion to anyone who complains about the administration. There are no midterms or finals, and the classes are nowhere near a high school level. Do not send your children here, it is a recipe for disaster. I graduated several years ago, and I am the only one of my friends to graduate college. Several of them are felons, and almost everyone I know from the school ended up working bad jobs. If you want your kids to grow up around losers, and become losers this is the school to send them to.

I went to Gbecs for just over a year. It was one of the worst schools I've been too. During class all they give their students is "busy work", and tell stories about their personal life. The teachers try to be your friend, rather than act like adults. They choose favorites, and it's very clear to see. The things they teach is far bellow what a high school student should be learning. The students that go there, nearly half of them, are druggies and problem kids. They steal, lie, bully, and break rules. I would never recommend this school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

There is definitely not enough work given. And the work that is given is far to easy.

I graduated from GBeCS several years ago. Honestly its only redeeming quality was the friends I've made. Otherwise, absolutely nothing about GBeCS has prepared me whatsoever for college or my current career. The school is run on a policy of regularly lying to and manipulating students and parents. The threat of expulsion from the school keeps anyone from calling out the powers that be for their misbehavior (most of the students, at least when I was there, literally had no other school to go to). While I was there a teacher who still works there called me a racial slur to my face. Several others behaved in equally inappropriate ways when I was there, or were simply not capable of doing their jobs effectively. Would have given it one star if the kids who went there weren't phenomenal people.

My child is in the seventh grade at GBeCS, and he loves it. The teachers are wonderful, and the entire community is so supportive and engaging. Every day he comes home happy and talkative, telling me how much fun school is, and how much he likes it. The project-based learning principles are perfect for him, and he is once again connected to school in a way that he hadn't been in the recent past. The students also seem supportive of one another. I would definitely recommend it for a student who isn't engaged by the more traditional learning methodology, and who flourishes in a more flexible, hands-on environment. A student definitely needs to have a strong sense of independence, and a self-directed approach to learning. Not great for students with behavioral problems, as the community is so small, and it would be too disruptive for such a small class size. I am *very* happy with GBeCS.

I go here and I am in 8th grade, and I love it! The people here are so nice and I have so much more friends here than at my old school. The teachers are all caring and I can turn to them whenever if I need academic help, or personal help.

I CAN NOT TELL YOU ONE BAD THING ABOUT THIS SCHOOL .THEY CARE ALOT ABOUT THE KIDS AND THERE NEEDS I WISH ALL SCHOOLS WHERE LIKE THIS ONE .MY DAUGHTER IS IN 11TH GRADE AND IT IS HER FIRST YEAR AT THIS SCHOOL AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT SHE IS MUCH MORE HAPPY HERE THEN SHE WAS AT HER LAST SCHOOL

It's a wonderful combination of individual instruction and independent learning, with a strong, dedicated staff of teachers.

Last modified Great Bay Elearning Charter School (H) is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12