Exeter, NH
Students enrolled: 1,697

Exeter High School 4

Posted October 09, 2014
I have attended Exeter High School for two full years, and am a month through this year, and I have to say, this school is great. The people are great, the extracurricular activities are great, and the sports are great. The teaching, however, could use some work, as quality varies from teacher to teacher. The complaints about the school being "clique-ey" are somewhat true, but if you are being rejected like that then those people weren't worth hanging out with anyway.

Posted April 04, 2014
I don't see how anyone could see Exeter High School as being such an ungodly awful place. High school is high school, and there will always be ups and downs, mean girls and cliques, no matter what school you attend. But Exeter, since Sean Kiley became principal, has been such a warm environment. I am a sophomore, and I love it there. People are accepting and truly don't judge. We have clubs, teams, and friends for just about any person with any interest. The teachers are all very understanding and do just about anything to help their students out, from coming in on weekends to tutor to listening to your problems. To those who say Exeter is not a good high school - I politely disagree. Just look at our spirit week from this year, a school has never been as united as we are now. BLUE HAWKS FLY TOGETHER!

Posted September 15, 2011
This is by far the WORST school I have ever attended. I just started at EHS as a freshman this year and, while I thought CMS was a nightmare, I have never experienced anything as stressful, unfriendly, and difficult as EHS. Just like some of the other schools I have attended, EHS seemed nice and fun in the beginning. They tried to get us prepared for 9th grade with their "Link Crew" program. It seemed like this was going to be a great year until I actually started my classes. I had four hours of homework on the first day of school. This is not an exaggeration. To better explain, I am a straight-A student (always have been) and am taking two honors classes this year. All my other classes are CP level. My schedule seemed to be suitable for me, but I am having the most difficult time managing the enormous load of homework I bring home each day. I work every night right up until 10:00 and never have any time to myself. I am starting to feel isolated from my friends and family and it seems like this school is consuming my life. I've cried weekly over school and am wondering if it will even be possible to complete high school at EHS. Please, do yourself a favor and stay away from EHS!

Posted May 12, 2010

Exeter High School 0

Posted December 17, 2009
I've heard my school is a good school, but I always think 'if this is one of the best schools in the state, I hate to think of the worst.' This school has too many problems to count--I really think the only reason why it's a 'good' school is because of the students, not the teachers. There are good teachers, but I really feel that most students end up having to teach themselves instead of learning from the teachers as they should. The math program is really a joke, as are most of the electives, because it's mostly kids who don't want to take 'hard' classes that take science and english electives, and the kids who are really interested in the subject are turned off by this and don't take them. There are countless other problems, I can't list them all here...

Exeter High School 2

Posted November 04, 2009

Posted August 23, 2009

Posted August 23, 2009

Posted July 10, 2009

Posted March 12, 2009
I am a student at Exeter High School, and so far, it has the best expierience of my life. I've made alot of good friends this year and I have the best teachers who make class fun and worth while. They have a strong sports department with numerous sports to pick from, from season to season. I have to say, that is where i've made most of my friends. I have to agree with the student that metioned this school is very clique-y, because, well it is. Its hard to be friends with someone whos from a different 'clique' in this school, especially if you just moved here. But if you give it some time, you'll find your place. I also have to agree with that student when they said that it is clear that most of the students here come from wealthy families.It does put alot of pressure on.

Exeter High School
1 Blue Hawk Dr, Exeter, NH  03833
Last modified Exeter High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Exeter High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top