Exeter, NH
Students enrolled: 1,697

Exeter High School 4

Posted April 09, 2015
I am a student at the school of Exeter High School. I have been going there for a few years now, with little to no issues. Each year that you go here, you will have 2 or 3 good teachers and about 3 bad teachers. When I say bad teachers I mean that they don't teach, make fun of the students, and report kids quickly for not doing anything wrong. The good teachers will say after with you any day of the week; and can help develop the lacking skills.

Exeter High School 4

Posted October 09, 2014
I have attended Exeter High School for two full years, and am a month through this year, and I have to say, this school is great. The people are great, the extracurricular activities are great, and the sports are great. The teaching, however, could use some work, as quality varies from teacher to teacher. The complaints about the school being "clique-ey" are somewhat true, but if you are being rejected like that then those people weren't worth hanging out with anyway.

Posted April 04, 2014
I don't see how anyone could see Exeter High School as being such an ungodly awful place. High school is high school, and there will always be ups and downs, mean girls and cliques, no matter what school you attend. But Exeter, since Sean Kiley became principal, has been such a warm environment. I am a sophomore, and I love it there. People are accepting and truly don't judge. We have clubs, teams, and friends for just about any person with any interest. The teachers are all very understanding and do just about anything to help their students out, from coming in on weekends to tutor to listening to your problems. To those who say Exeter is not a good high school - I politely disagree. Just look at our spirit week from this year, a school has never been as united as we are now. BLUE HAWKS FLY TOGETHER!

Exeter High School 1

Posted September 15, 2011
This is by far the WORST school I have ever attended. I just started at EHS as a freshman this year and, while I thought CMS was a nightmare, I have never experienced anything as stressful, unfriendly, and difficult as EHS. Just like some of the other schools I have attended, EHS seemed nice and fun in the beginning. They tried to get us prepared for 9th grade with their "Link Crew" program. It seemed like this was going to be a great year until I actually started my classes. I had four hours of homework on the first day of school. This is not an exaggeration. To better explain, I am a straight-A student (always have been) and am taking two honors classes this year. All my other classes are CP level. My schedule seemed to be suitable for me, but I am having the most difficult time managing the enormous load of homework I bring home each day. I work every night right up until 10:00 and never have any time to myself. I am starting to feel isolated from my friends and family and it seems like this school is consuming my life. I've cried weekly over school and am wondering if it will even be possible to complete high school at EHS. Please, do yourself a favor and stay away from EHS!

Posted December 17, 2009
I've heard my school is a good school, but I always think 'if this is one of the best schools in the state, I hate to think of the worst.' This school has too many problems to count--I really think the only reason why it's a 'good' school is because of the students, not the teachers. There are good teachers, but I really feel that most students end up having to teach themselves instead of learning from the teachers as they should. The math program is really a joke, as are most of the electives, because it's mostly kids who don't want to take 'hard' classes that take science and english electives, and the kids who are really interested in the subject are turned off by this and don't take them. There are countless other problems, I can't list them all here...

Posted March 12, 2009
I am a student at Exeter High School, and so far, it has the best expierience of my life. I've made alot of good friends this year and I have the best teachers who make class fun and worth while. They have a strong sports department with numerous sports to pick from, from season to season. I have to say, that is where i've made most of my friends. I have to agree with the student that metioned this school is very clique-y, because, well it is. Its hard to be friends with someone whos from a different 'clique' in this school, especially if you just moved here. But if you give it some time, you'll find your place. I also have to agree with that student when they said that it is clear that most of the students here come from wealthy families.It does put alot of pressure on.

Posted September 01, 2008
The good thing about this school is that it is a state of the art facility that any parent would want their child to attend. However I find standardized test scores to be unacceptable. Only 28% of students taking the NECAP exam were a minimum of proficient in mathematics. In a school district that is basically given carte blanche by the taxpayers, this is unacceptable. There are districts that spend about half as much per student that scored better. My opinion is that their math curriculum is a mile wide and an inch deep. Their list of topics looks impressive but none of them are ever explored below the surface. Neither of my two sons has ever done anything other than problems out of a book or worksheets. In order to be successful in mathematics, it is important to have understanding of the concepts, not memorization of steps.

Posted April 22, 2008
EHS has to be one of the best schools on the seacoast, especially since the new facility was constructed. It offers everything a student could ever want. Exeter is an all around strong school. Extra-curriculars are strong and numerous, and it is a very positive learning environment. Many students, including myself, have some problems with certain policies, but the truth is that regardless of our dislike for these policies, the school is a great place to be.

Exeter High School 3

Posted February 14, 2008
Whilst I've made very good friends here at Exeter High School, there are some big draw backs about it. Whether or not your son/daughter has complained or not, there's no denying that this school is very clique-y. There are so many kids here that the guidance counselors have trouble getting to know each student -- I know I've only met with mine once or twice my whole time here, and she was quite cold. I love the language department, and my current English teacher is amazing, but I can't say much about the rest. Another drawback is the fact that it is clear most of the students here come from wealthy families, and it can become a big pressure to wear the expensive clothes, and live in the perfect home.

Posted November 03, 2007
I've had one son just finish Exeter High and another who just entered as a Freshman. All I can say is ... it's magnificent! The new building and location is phenomenal. It's the school that is viewed as one of the most prestegious in all of the seacoast area. The courses available to the students are exceptional ... and yes, they offer varying levels of all courses so that a student's academic needs are met. Extracurricular activities abound! Whether it be sports, academic clubs, theater, student leadership ... there's something for everyone. An earlier parent mentioned cliques ... my sons have never experienced any issue with that. And aren't there some kind cliques in every school? As a parent, I am impressed with the leadership of the school, the teaching staff and the work that went into building one of the most impressive schools in the Seacost. Definitely worth a visit!

1 Blue Hawk Dr, Exeter, NH  03833
Last modified Exeter High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Exeter High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top