Bad
Good

Great group of caring dedicated staff members. My children have all been in the top of their classes , they have been challenged and well taken care of while at FHS.

Three of my children attended FHS. I like the fact that the school is small and they didn't get lost in the shuffle like they would at a larger high school. I found that most of the teachers went above and beyond to help their students. They were available after school for extra help and early in the morning if needed. If I couldn't come in for a meeting, I could speak with them on the phone and my e-mails were returned promptly. Not every school is perfect but I didn't find accreditation an issue when applying to colleges. FHS gives out a lot of scholarship money considering the size of the school. I was amazed at the number of local scholarships available. My kids were accepted at their school of choice.

The schools are not and can not be accredited. The rotting corpse of a School board is deflating property values and depriving the town a diverse demographic.

FHS has it's ups and downs. It makes and exceeds state minimums for special needs students, but in doing so it lacks the funding needed to educate those who are not special needs properly. I am a graduate of this school and I spent most of my career there fighting to change the curriculum for those of us who were capable of taking classes like AP Physics and Calculus. I enjoyed my time there and it has helped me grow a lot as an individual. I'm not sure I'd ever send my kids there, mostly due to how much of a rebel I was and the teachers all know it ;-). But I don't wish I'd gone to any other school. I didn't graduate in the top ten of my class, but I'm doing well in college and in my career as well. There are some really amazing teachers there that aren't there for the money. I've seen the budget, I know how much they make, most of the teachers are there because they care about the students. If they were just in it for the money, they'd go some where else. A lot of them have to have summer jobs to make their bills. As some have stated, bullying is an issue and Middle School administration looks the other way. However, the high school is pretty good at putting a stop to it quickly.

As a parent of a student there and since this student has now attended a better school. Farmington is horrible. I wouldn't want my child in this school at all. Teachers are unresponsive to student needs. If you are able to grasp the academics and do not need assistance I guess you may be fine, but you certainly are not getting the education that one would get at any other school. I guess that is why it is rated a 1 out of 10. My child was an F student regardless of what I tried to do. Teachers never communicated even though it was part of his education plan. He is now in a school that is rated 5 out of 10 and is finally getting A.B and C's but still struggles due to the lack of education he received in middle and freshman year of HS. Don't move to Farmington!

Farmington High School is my home away from home. I am sad to graduate but know i will be able to succeed at whatever I do in life because of FHS. Go Tigers!!!!

FHS is one of the best High School's there are, just because its small doesn't mean that it doesn't have an impact.

I know that no matter where I go in life. I will be coming back to Farmington and raising my kids here and sending them to FHS. FHS had me more then prepared for college. The English classes were great. Although it's a small school, FHS was always a place where I knew I would be safe. I miss going there and I felt like we were all a big family. I loved it there. Especially Mr. Lee the principal who will be retiring after this year. He was like a second father to all of us, and no matter how busy he was he always had time for the students. All of the Farmington schools have a zero tolerance policy on harassment and bullying. They work hard to make sure that nobody feels uncomfortable going to school. I highly recommend FHS.

Last modified Farmington Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.