Fremont, NH

Posted July 22, 2011
My children are thriving in this school! There is not a better feeling in the world when your children love to go to school each day. Of course, like ANY school, there are some difficult children. i would hope that their parents help to guide them instead of relying on the school to discipline them. They learn from their homelife. As parents we need to support our children so they thrive in their environment! GO ELLIS!!

Ellis School 1

Posted May 24, 2011
My child has attented this school for the last seven years. This year has by far been the worst. The current principal clearly favors some students over others. He can turn a bright intelligent student into a self concious "behavior problem." Very discouraged with his lack of professionalism. Seriously considering private school, as I do not think another year in this school will do anything but damage my child's self esteem.

Posted March 20, 2010
One amazing school. I really see a change with the new principal. I'm glad I sent my children here and I know they will thrive in being good students and continuing on and going to Sanborn Regional.

Ellis School 0

Posted March 20, 2010
WOW! What an amazing school. The people are nice, my kids are having fun, and I'm even enjoying the school myself. They have a lot of neat gatherings and occasions that usually happen in the gym like the spaghetti dinner that the 8th graders put on and the 'Night of the Stars' in which the middle school does an amazing show for the audience. I'm so thrilled at this school's performances!

Posted August 14, 2008
My child loves Ellis School and we are happy we moved here. We were absolutely thrilled to see that the school made AYP this year as most schools cannot accomplish this challenge. We love the small town environment and nice people.

Ellis School 1

Posted July 22, 2008
The standard based reporting system that was piloted this year is discouraging. Based on my research, it is inteneded to be used along side traditional grading. This school is using it in place of traditional grading for progress reports. After viewing the school board meeting pertaining to this subject, it is disappointing to see the intent to replace the traditional grades with this new system. The standard based reporting system is a great tool to identify areas that have been mastered as well as areas of deficiency, but should not replace traditional grades. The PBIS system at this school is disfunctional, in my opinion, it teaches children they will be rewarded for expected behavior and that there are no true consequences for poor behavior. They have great parents that volunteer many hours, the PTA is doing great things for the school, & the teachers, for the most part are wonderful.

Posted June 16, 2008
Just moved to NH from Oregon. The kids love the Ellis School. I don't know about the other reviews, but compared to 2 other school across the US, this one ranks high!

Ellis School 2

Posted October 26, 2007
The academic programs are of poor quality with standardized test scores among the lowest in the state. Availability of music and art has decreased over the past two years. Sports and other extracurricular activities are average to above average for a school this size. Parental involvement is high by necessity as a result of poor leadership from the Principle, who has failed to set high achievement standards or accept accountability for failed programs which are often also way out of touch with the community.

Ellis School 3

Posted August 01, 2005

Ellis School 4

Posted April 23, 2005
The availability of extracurricular activities is good. There are many sports including volleyball,softball,track,baseball,soccer, basketball,and lacross. There are a lot of after school programs also such as YMCA, after school enrichment programs including active games such as kickball,matball, etc. and for chldren on acedemic probation a homework club. Also in The quality of the acedemic programs is relativly good.Of course each teacher has a unique way of teaching but the cirriculum is good.Along with tests and homework and classwork there are fun projects. For grades 7-8 there is a yearly science fair, or big science project.At the beginning of each class the childen start out with a 'bell work' so they enter quietly and get to work right away. Also the school has a peer mediation group.The few selected students for this group go through a ten week training proess so they can help their peers solve their problems and conflicts.

Ellis School
432 Main St, Fremont, NH  03044
Last modified Ellis School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ellis School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top